The Residence at Glen Riddle

263 Glen Riddle Road, Media, PA, 19063

Reviews of The Residence at Glen Riddle

Anonymous113157050 November 22, 2015

Mom has moved into The Residence at Glen Riddle. The staff is very involved with the residents from the director level to anyone below them; they all know the residents. It seems like a family there. The programs offered get the residents involved. You could just walk in, and they would give you a tour; they didn’t seem taken off guard, which show they were confident in their facility.

Kathy74133950 April 25, 2015

We visited The Residence at Glen Riddle for my mom. The rooms/apartments were a little smaller. The dining room was set up nice like a restaurant would be. They have the same type of activities. They bring in musicians for the residents. Security and safety management was good also.

Caring105158550 April 17, 2015

The Residence was excellent, and I decided after visiting there that this is where I wanted my husband to be. I didn't have to look any further. The rooms were very nice. I have not eaten there, but I have been with my husband while he was eating several times, and the food is OK. He is a big man; he probably could have eaten heavier servings. I have not been present in any activity, but they have a lot of activities. I have no idea whether he participates in any of those, but I think he probably does because he loves music, and they have music and dancing a lot. I am most impressed with the friendliness of the people and the administration; they seem to know every one by their first name, and they say "Hello" to everyone when they are walking through the building.

Robin I. March 20, 2015

I toured looking for a community for my uncle and think I've found the perfect fit! The salesperson, Helene, could not have more understanding and caring about my needs. The staff interacted so well with the residents and the rooms were very attractive.

Thank you very much for your feedback! The Residence at Glen Riddle has a wonderful mix of diverse residents who enjoy the great reputation for care that we have earned in our 19 years here in Media, PA. We offer daily activities, great meals, and beautiful apartment homes. We allow small, well behaved pets and have wonderful grounds for our residents and their families to enjoy. Our long tenured and educated staff works very hard as they care for the residents at The Residence at Glen Riddle.

Caring91867350 August 29, 2014

Dad is at The Residence of Glen Riddle. Its location is very good for all of the siblings. They have very friendly people. We knew people who were there, so we felt comfortable. The room that dad is in has a bathroom, a kitchenette, and it is fully carpeted. He seemed to like the food and that is very good for us.

J Gallo February 02, 2014

My mother was a resident at Glen Riddle, I have nothing but good to say. They were wonderful to her and we had Mom there without any problems. Liza was wonderful and knows everything about Seniors and what they need. She was wonderful to my mother.

Caring76001250 December 27, 2013

Dad was only at The Residence for two weeks. They actually couldn't handle him. He has some issues with aggression. He had gotten aggressive with one of their nurses, so they didn't want him to stay there. But it was very clean and most of the staff is really good.

Caring75342850 December 13, 2013

My mother has already been with The Residence of Glen Riddle for over three months now. The facility is intimate and kind of homey. The place is not large. It's clean and quiet. Their interior furniture is kind of Victorian and I was impressed by it. Their rooms are really nice. My mom's room has a bed with a little kitchenette, a bathroom, a closet. The actual person who runs the place has been there for a number of years and that impressed me a lot. The staff are really conscientious and they are very good to the residents. They keep their clients pretty well active during the day. They have a nursing staff 24/7 and they also have a physical therapy rehab. The staff are keeping eye on the residents. Even in the middle of the night, they look in their rooms and make sure everything is okay. They have bingo and I think they also play cards. They have a television group. They do have live entertainment come in, maybe about three or four times a month. We were able to dine there and the food is pretty good too. It's fresh from what I can see. The cafeteria is well decorated and looks like a restaurant.

Caring80087250 November 27, 2013

We moved mom at The Residence at Glen Riddle months ago. We chose this because it was close to my home. The facility is fine; it's sufficient. They are all nice and the staff are very helpful. Mom's room is modern and updated. It’s also clean. Their food is very good. Their activities are sufficient.

Caring71948350 October 15, 2013

My aunt is at The Residence. She's been there over a year and the environment is wonderful. It is spotlessly clean. It is very attractive. The staff was also wonderful. They have a twenty-four-hour nurse on their staff and the administration is very helpful. They also handle the order and administration of medication. As the needs increase, they provide more services. The residents are well groomed and happy. They are serving their meals in restaurant style atmosphere and the food is attractive and tasty. The rooms are relatively small, but kept clean. They do have Alzheimer's unit, but they are in a separate facility and they only come together for entertainment. They have activities and their activity director tries to keep the residents engaged intellectually. They have movie nights. They have live entertainment at least once a week. Judging from my aunt's response, she loves it. She is satisfied and looks really pleased.

resident 1234 June 12, 2012

This facilty was very clean and well maintained. The staff was very helpful and did a great job with there residents. They always wanted there residents to feel at home and feel safe. They had a mini golf course out front and alot of benches so the residents could get some fresh air. These are some of the positives. They did have a downstairs where the residents could only leave with a guest or by a certified nurse so this was a little bit of a negative as it takes away from there freedom. Also the food was not the best.

delcogirl July 08, 2011

My family member has been a resident at The Residence for almost 3 years. The administrators, staff, nurses, and medical support staff are incredible! Everyone maintains a positive, upbeat, patient attitude. The employees, including the custodial staff have a great understanding of dementia and the behaviors that accompany dementia. The facility is always clean and orderly and the administrators are very efficient and knowledgeable.

GuiCyber June 30, 2011

A very pleasant and tranquil facility, with a staff that truly seems to care and is knowledgeable about all the happenings with health and the facility. Upon entering and then touring the facility, the manager seemed to have answers to my many questions. There is a hospice as well as a wellness center which is very very helpful and comforting knowing that I will have some help if ever something were to happen. After reviewing all that they have to offer, I am seriously considering this place as my new place of residence. To anyone who has a family member or themselves are considering assisted living, then check out this place. They seem to be well versed and are able to assist people with different ailments, so look into this place and you may like what you get.

From The Residence at Glen Riddle

Listening. Serving. Caring.

These things matter to you, and to us. We offer more than just a beautiful place to live. We offer a lifestyle that embraces our residents independence and offers high quality care and assistance where needed.

Our goal is to enhance the quality of life of our residents and make sure they live their lives to the fullest. We recognize that our residents require varying levels of care and assistance. We promise to tailor our community and services to the needs and preferences of each individual resident, ensuring that they continue to lead the life they want. Visit us today to start living your life to the fullest!

*This community does not accept Medicaid

Features of The Residence at Glen Riddle

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,140/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62