Sunrise of McLean

8315 Turning Leaf Lane, Mclean, VA, 22102

Reviews of Sunrise of McLean

cherrypie3 May 25, 2012

I found the employees and staff to be particularly nice and thoughtful although one in particular was not this way. I was given a tour of the facility and felt that they offered a good deal to their patients as well as providing family involvement and supportive services. The facilities were nice although the rooms did seem some what small and I would of liked to see the residents interacting more as many of them were closed off in their rooms watching tv or sleeping.

storm78 August 01, 2011

My grandparents lived in Sunrise for several years. They moved there from another facility located in D.C. to be closer to our family, and because Sunrise has a good Alzheimer's unit, which my grandmother badly needed.The facilities here are beautiful. There is a nice garden to stroll in, and the lobby is spacious and has an eating area and a large common area, as well as side meeting areas. My grandparents' apartment was large and comfortable. The Alzheimer's unit on the third floor has a lot of activities for the patients to use, such as a piano, dress up clothes and playthings. Alzheimer's patients get their own kitchen on this floor and the nursing staff is extremely helpful and friendly.Grandpa was a little annoyed because on the third floor there are no locks on the doors and thus Alzheimer's patients would wander in and out of his room without him being able to stop them. While annoying, I understand why they would have a policy of no locked doors here.What we liked most about this facility was definitely the staff. My grandmother behaved very difficultly at this time and the staff was very understanding and compassionate with all of us.

From Sunrise of McLean

Located just minutes from Tyson's Corner, Sunrise of McLean is conveniently located near the Dulles Toll Road, I-495 and Route 7. We pride ourselves in our state-of-the-art facility, luxurious accommodations, and Edna's Place.

Edna?s Place is an intimate cluster of suites within our Reminiscence Neighborhoods, where residents who have higher level needs due to more severe cognitive impairment such as late stage memory loss or Alzheimer?s disease can find both the care and the caring they deserve.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Features of Sunrise of McLean

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours