The Ivy of McKinney

3392 Medical Center Drive, Mckinney, TX, 75069

Reviews of The Ivy of McKinney

Caring95826450 October 19, 2014

I have moved in at Orchard Park. I like everything about it. I like the food, I like the people, and I like my apartment. They provide transportation. I really like it. There are games going on all the time. They have movies. They have people come in and sing for us. They take people on the bus for shopping. There are just lots of things going on. I like the whole layout of my apartment. I like everything about it. I like its big bathroom. It is very roomy and accessible. I like big closet. We have our own washer, dryer, and dishwasher in each apartment.

Shirley99444250 September 26, 2014

She has been in respite at Orchard Park. She spent a week there. I was really impressed with it. That was a very, very nice facility. It was very clean and was pretty new. It’s just about a mile from the hospital. They’re in a good location. They had very nice rooms and very nice people. The people were very polite and friendly. They seemed alert and responded to what her needs were. They had a nurse on duty that assisted her and talked to us. There was a couple of other people that talked to her, and they ate lunch with us the first day. They were really helpful. She didn’t know anybody over there. The one downfall is she’s not familiar with it and it's a multi-story. Sometimes, if you’re on the second floor, you can’t see the button on the elevator. She felt insecure because she could not see as well. If it wasn’t for the multi-story stuff, she’d like to go over there. She just didn’t feel comfortable because she couldn’t see. So I would highly recommend that one, as much as I know about it and the short time I was there.

Caring92374150 August 30, 2014

Orchard Park had a small number of people. They had maybe 50 to 60 people. They had the dining facility, a craft facility and huge enclosed park type of setting in the center of the building, and the rooms were built around it. I was very impressed because it was very nice. It had good people in charge of it and I would not have worries about my husband with them. Everybody was happy with the activities. They had crafts. They could go over and take exercise if they wanted to. They could ride their scooter or wherever, and go to the senior center block and do stuff over there. They had a swimming pool. They had everything under the sun there. The dining room was very nice and they had a good cook. I ate there twice and they had good food. I would recommend them to others, and many of the people who lived there would recommend them to people.

Mckinneyrelative April 14, 2014

I recently was faced with having my parent transferred. I have give this facility alot of credit. After being here for a couple years- the executive director handled my calls with professionalism and even took my calls over the weekend. All of the staff were wonderful and friendly. Very impressed at the compassion all have shown- from ED on down. ANd, very happy my parent is there. The ED and nurse were very considerate of my families feelings and thoughts- which is not what you see alot in these types of facilities.

Luv123 April 02, 2014

This facility has all the amenities and more. My recent visit, the RN was a tremendous help in answering many of the questions we had in regard to my loved one. She seemed very genuine and took the time to sit with me and explain how individualized care could be. She also educated me on long-term care insurance and VA benefits; something I was not aware of. The RN is a gem and Orchard Park is lucky to have her. It appeared there was some maintenance being performed at the time of my visit, but I can say it was clean.

Norman4 April 01, 2014

We went to Orchard Park. It's a multiple-story building. Since Dad had to use a wheelchair and walker, I did not particularly care for it. It had a lot of pluses to it in the sense that the rooms that we saw had an individual washer and dryer. It was pretty clean, but they had a lot of wear on it, and the facility is actually newer.

Judy78444850 March 18, 2014

Orchard Park is clean. My father was very pleased with the staff. They were very friendly. The rooms are very lovely and the food is excellent. My parents loved it.

smerrick October 15, 2013

As with most of these types of care things moved downhill 6 months after move-in. Moved my parent after one year in this facility due to safety issues and lack of required maintenance on laundry services. Other issues too numerous to list. A few caregivers are genuine, but this facility is not all it appears to be on the surface. The executive director has a bully attitude and a lot of empty promises.

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. While I am disappointed to learn that the resident did not have a better experience while residing at the community, the community is under new ownership and management. We strive for customer excellence. Please feel free to stop by and see all the new and exciting changes at our community. You can also contact me directly at shanna@seniorlifestyle.com or 972-351-8888. Thanks, Shauna Hanna. Executive Director.

Orchid5 July 09, 2012

Just not what we expected for the price.

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. Our top priority is to deliver the best quality services and care for our residents. Please contact us directly so we can discuss where we failed to meet your expectations. We’re happy to have you at the community as well if you’d like. Thanks. Shaun Hanna, Executive Director. shanna@seniorlifestyle.com or 972-351-8888

From The Ivy of McKinney

Senior assisted living at The Ivy of McKinney offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At The Ivy of McKinney, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in McKinney has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At The Ivy of McKinney, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

All apartments have full galley kitchens, as well as washers and dryers. The fire station is directly adjacent to our community. McKinney Medical Center is less than a half mile from our community. Our Assisted Living and Memory Care are in two separate buildings. We cross train all of our staff members.

Features of The Ivy of McKinney

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, W/D in all units

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Activities extra: Live Entertainment

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,395/month

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • Staff patient ratio: 6 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65

• Licenses: Facility I.D. #104787
  • State License(s): 104787 and 104759

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of The Ivy of McKinney