Stonefield

2701 Alma Road, Mckinney, TX, 75070

Reviews of Stonefield

Caring93297750 August 29, 2014

My mother was previously at Stonefield Assisted Living. It's a nice place and it's very clean. Part of the problem there was that they have an Alzheimer's unit at the facility, and even though my mom is old and her mobility is not great, her cognition is excellent. She has good short term memory, her long term memory is very good and there were people that should have been in the memory care unit, so it was depressing for her. Also the food was not very good.

Caring83401550 May 23, 2014

My wife is in Stonefield. She's in memory care. We looked at several facilities, and I just liked it. I know most of the staff by first name and they're good. They have a lot of activities my wife can't be involved in. They do Bible studies, games, and exercises. She can do a few of them. My wife has to be fed. I go there and I feed her, and the food is very good. The room is fine; it's 1-bedroom. I like the people. People are important, and I think my wife gets good care there.

Norman4 March 31, 2014

Stonefield is like three minutes from my house. Dad is 94, so I needed some place I could get to relatively quickly, and that was primarily the reason we chose it. It is probably seven years old at the max, and it's a single-story facility. The people there are extremely friendly. All the workers will speak to you when you walk down the hall. It's not inexpensive. It's probably one of the more expensive ones in McKinney and around McKinney, but it's well-maintained, and it's very clean. There are areas all around the complex for people to sit outside, and there's a courtyard in the middle. It's very nice. We thought that this one was probably the best fit for Dad.

It's very homey as far as the atmosphere, and my dad has been in the hospital for about a week or so, and every time I've had to go in, somebody asks me how he's doing -- and this is just the general staff, not the management. I'm talking about people who are the ones who actually do the caregiving, and to me, that's very impressive. They were like that when we looked at the facility, so I don't believe it's a put-on. I believe that's actually real.

SaraR December 25, 2013

Monday was another amazing night at Stonefield. My parents enjoyed a fabulous evening with friends and family celebrating the holidays: Great food, DJ, dancing, decorations, photos etc. It was a quality night as the residents and their families got time to bond and share fellowship. My mother commented to me during dinner, "thank you for picking this residence, your father and I are so happy." Thanks for the hard work and attention to detail, Stonefield Staff and support!

Sara R July 20, 2013

It wasn't easy making the choice to move my parents into an assisted living facility. I am thrilled about the choice now. At Stonefield in McKinney, my parents are enjoying the beautiful dining area, grounds, wonderful food and activities. Last night, I was included in their "prom." It was fabulous! Great food, the McKinney Dance Band played hits from the 1930's to the 1960's. Residents, families, staff and administrators were dancing! It was a pleasure to be a part of such a great evening. The facility is always clean and inviting. My parents also enjoy exercise and art classes as well as numerous social events. Their calendar is busier than mine! If anyone is struggling over making this kind of move for their loved one(s), the Stonefield staff, managers and administrators truly care and put a lot of time and effort into making their residents comfortable and happy.

way disappointed May 01, 2012

Stonefield (Memory Care side) seemed to be very accommodating at first but then quickly acted as if they only cared about the money and strictly business. I was very disappointed that when I brought up concerns, they were quickly dismissed and I got the 'Oh yes, we'll take care of that' and it's not done. Some serious issues I had were loss of my family member's medication!, not giving something for simple headache (per dr. orders), loss of laundry, unkept 'promises, allowing unauthorized medical treatment, disregard for our instructions and wishes regarding simple care requests, and the list goes on. You have to be let in and out of the secure area and sometimes family members can be left standing there for 5-10 min waiting to be let in or out as if invisible. Overall extremely disappointing to say the least. I would recommend you keep looking.

From Stonefield

Saddle up for the time of your life at Stonefield, an Assisted Living and Memory Care community in McKinney, Texas, that is chock-full of style and fun. Our goal is to enrich the lives of residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. With walk-in closets spacious enough for personal belongings and bathrooms sporting walk-in showers, our ranch-style environment is big on amenities that all of our residents appreciate. Unique by nature, our community offers a spa room and manicurist who makes in-room visits so residents can relax in style and with the dignity they deserve. The community also pampers residents’ puppies with pet care assistance available if needed. Our one- and two-bedroom open floor plans boast plenty of safety features including personal security systems and emergency call buttons in addition to wall-to-wall carpet and 2-inch mini-blinds for the ultimate in comfort. Our caring and professional staff members will provide a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with the activities of daily living, including courtesy transportation for shopping and dining outings, housekeeping and personal laundry services and medication administration. Stonefield is conveniently located off of State Highway 75 (Central Expressway) with access to a plethora of dining, shopping, entertainment and sports venues.

Features of Stonefield

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pharmacy