Fox Point & Fox Point Manor

3350 Charles Miller Rd., Mchenry, IL, 60050

Reviews of Fox Point & Fox Point Manor

Susan112222850 November 25, 2015

I liked Fox Point very much, though it’s expensive. The people were very nice. My mom loves the place, too, but she realized that it’s too far away from her friends.

Caring112989150 September 17, 2015

Fox Point was very lush. It's a very updated establishment that's kind of overwhelming at first, but I would give it a triple A. Everything was clean, and the way they built it and how it was set up for the people was very eye opening. The people were friendly. I haven't eaten there, but I'm assuming that the food would be just as good as the overall appearance of the place. The staff was very gracious and informative. We were very pleased with the lady that showed us around. She was very accommodating, and we enjoyed our visit that we had there.

Sarah42 July 31, 2015

I was impressed with Fox Point. They gave me some of the information that I would need to go forward. It was very clean. It didn't have an institutional feel to it, and it had a library. I visited a couple of the available little apartments, and they were nice and adequate. I had lunch there, and I was particularly interested in small portions, which was a smart thing to do. I spent a couple of hours visiting there. I asked a lot of questions and I got them all answered adequately.

Terrence2 May 17, 2015

Quite negative were the facts that it was a three story building and the residents' wing seemed quite long. My mother-in-law has a little problem with distances, and she was sitting down and resting like halfway down the corridor, so that was a bit of a negative. The rooms were better laid out than anybody else's that we saw. There was a nice choice of studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments. It looked like they were trying to provide a nice variety of food. They were very stingy with the spices, and some of us are too addicted to salt and pepper. My mother-in-law can't eat without it; she has lost her sense of smell totally, and she tends to salt the heck out of everything. It's not Fox Point's problem, but they have got everybody on a low-salt diet, and it is noticeable in the food that we were served. Its location is within about 25 miles of me here in Northern Illinois, and it is not unreasonable as far as visiting goes, which is good.

We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a more positive experience when touring Fox Point. For residents that have difficulty with long distances, we try and accommodate by locating him/her as closely to our elevators as possible. We also have caregiving staff on site 24 hours a day that can assist with wheelchair transportation whenever necessary. We work closely with a licensed dietician in providing our daily meals, and offer extra salt and pepper on the table for residents who prefer more seasoning. I would love the opportunity to discuss this with you in greater detail. I can be reached at

Sincerely, Timothy

Mollie4 May 16, 2015

It has been a while since we been to Fox Point, so I don't remember a lot about it, but I know it is nice, and the people were nice. Everything was clean, and it just seems like it is a nice place. The environment was bright and clean too.

Ivorygirl August 08, 2014

What a beautiful place and can't say enough about The director and the caregivers..however if you are wanting to meet the criteria before entering their home make sure you make the assessment nurse, who has your loved ones fate in her hands, also has the correct and current diagnosis before submitting the paperwork... Unfortunately the outcome was/is a loss for everyone... Perhaps she needs to remember that every submission is not just routine paperwork but a determination for someone's loved one! Makes one question the workload for this individual or her thoroughness of her assessments... This occurrence did not make a good representation of this unique and loving environment...

Caring75808450 December 30, 2013

Fox Point is my mother's choice of facility. She is very comfortable and happy there. She loves it! She also enjoys the fact that it is close to her one daughter. She likes the residential area that it is in. It isn't in the city, so she has a lot of woods and farmland views to look out on. The facility itself is most definitely clean. They have independent, assisted and memory care. Regarding activities, they pretty much have the same activities as the other facility does. They have musical group coming in, they have games, bingo and card games, they go out shopping, etc. I would most definitely recommend this facility.

Judith17 November 28, 2013

Fox Point was a beautiful place. The rooms were spacious and beautiful. However, it was a little bit expensive than the other two I visited. But I would recommend it to others.

Caring1997 September 27, 2013

The location of Fox Point & Fox Point Manor was close to my kids. The place and the food was good. The people were very nice and very professional. It was a very nice place. If we go to one, this would be one of the places that I would consider. The apartments were very nice, has a very decent size, and very clean. I like the atmosphere of the place. When we walked around the facility, we felt very comfortable.

charlie t August 30, 2012

My mother lived at foxpoint manor for four months until we had to move her. She was diagnosed with early on-set Alzheimer's and was in the mod to severe stage, and her,herself new this place was horrible. She left Fox point 10 times worse than before she arrived. She is now thriving at her new facility and is getting the attention she needed in the first place. I HATE that my mother lost four months of her life there,with this type of desease, every day counts. I would NEVER recomend sending a loved one to this place.

gbal23 August 28, 2012

The building itself is very nice. It look slike its a new building because the maintain it so well. One thing i don't like its its kinda confusing getting around because the whole building looks the same. The staff if very nice and they take care of you even though you are a visitor. The food there is acually all not that food. I grew up hating cafeteria food and places like theses in hospitals. But ever time i come there I look forward to the food and great hospitality. All of my grandpa friends have nothing but nice things about the treatment they get for the care takers. They always have nice things to say about the facility.

Mrs. Nicka May 08, 2012

Caregivers at facility are very patient and caring. Really take time with each patient. Make the setting a wonderful choice when "home" is no longer considerred safe.I really highly recommned this facility.

zeus July 28, 2011

My father-in-law, who has alzheimers, stayed at Fox Point while my husband and I took a week or two of vacation. He has visted a once year the past three years and always seems clam and content. The staff is extra caring and has always made dad feel at home. My family would recommend this for others looking for respite care.

From Fox Point & Fox Point Manor

Senior assisted living at Fox Point & Fox Point Manor offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Fox Point & Fox Point Manor, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in McHenry has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Fox Point & Fox Point Manor, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • Emergency Response System
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team, served 3 times a day
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Beauty & Barber Shop
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • Walk-in Shower
  • All utilities included except telephone and cable

Features of Fox Point & Fox Point Manor