Atrium Senior Living of Matawan

40 Freneau Avenue, Matawan, NJ, 07747

Reviews of Atrium Senior Living of Matawan

November 28, 2012

By CherylR1

Victoria House Assisted Living & Health Care Center is very nice and very helpful. I can't really say for sure if I have any complaints right now because my father has only been there for a month. They're doing the best they can given my father's condition.

January 20, 2012

By Brenda Bomar

In June 2011 I received a call at the Senior Housing where my Mom had been living for over 15 years. They told me that after her latest surgery and being sent home from a different "rehab - nursing home" facility she was not doring well. I live in California and my Mom was in NJ. I made several inquiries on the internet to find out who would take a Medicare patient and I was given the name of two facilities in Monmouth County. I called the next day - Victoria House and the explained everything to me. The following day the went with a nurse to visit my Mom at her apartment and told me under no circumstances could she take care of her self - and they picked her up that day. This was one of the scariest things I had ever done - since I did not know these people or about their facility. As it turns out - it was a great place for my mom. I went back to NJ to close my mom's apartment and get her ready for maybe some day to move to the assisted living side. Victoria House and their staff help me arrange everything. I had one week to accomplish this. To make a very long story shorter - Mom eventually move to the assisted living section - but it was short lived - another fracture in her crumbling spine and another surgery. She never went back to the Assisted living section again. I would call my Mom daily, talk to the nurse's station daily and they were always willing to accommdate my many questions and phone calls. My Mom had a church daughter that checked on her regularly and told me that the care was incredible. Mom enjoyed the care she was getting and the nurses and staff that took care of her. During the last week of her life, they made it very confortable for my Mom - playing her favorite music, attending to her heel wound and doing everything to make my MOM cofortable in her journey to her new home. I will also be eternally grateful knowing that they truly cared for my Mom - she wasn't just another patient - she wasn't just another paycheck - but a humane being that deserved to be treated with compassion and dignity. This is a "home" that you can be comfortable with your family member. Thank you Victoria House for making my MOM's journey a peaceful one. With much Admiration - Brenda Bomar

July 30, 2011

By Flower2Me

This facility is very clean and the staff is helpful and friendly. They make great attempts to keep the residents active by providing on site events and activities. They also have a shuttle to bring residents places because most cannot drive on their own. Their building also offers ample room sizes; even the studio suites are spacious and offer a reasonable kitchenette. Additionally, there are a significant number of common areas for residents to meet with visitors. There is a front desk receptionist that welcomes and signs in visitors. There is also a complementary coffee station in the lobby. The location is also convenient to major routes, which makes it very easy to get to. There are on-site medical facilities and in the one case when my relative needed emergency care they managed the process very well. They made contact with the family quickly and they relayed the particulars of the situation carefully and accurately. The facility has gotten better over time and will continue to do so in the future.

Photos of Atrium Senior Living of Matawan

Services & Amenities of Atrium Senior Living of Matawan

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 55a006

About Atrium Senior Living of Matawan

At Atrium Senior Living of Matawan (Formerly Victoria House) you will have the comforts of a spacious, secure apartment plus a host of convenient amenities and hospitality services. You’ll enjoy delicious meals in a restaurant-style dining room, energizing fitness and wellness programs, and a diverse range of cultural and social activities. We also offer concierge service, weekly housekeeping services, courtesy van transportation, and much more.

Restaurant-style dining room, energizing fitness and wellness programs, and a diverse range of cultural and social activities. We also offer concierge service, weekly housekeeping services, courtesy van transportation, and much more.

Map of Atrium Senior Living of Matawan