The Bristal at Massapequa Assisted Living

400 County Line Road, Massapequa, NY, 11758

Reviews of The Bristal at Massapequa Assisted Living

October 31, 2015

By Neckol

The Bristal at Massapequa was a very nice place -- newer, updated, very classy-looking -- and it looked expensive. They allowed me to eat lunch, and the food was very good. The staff was friendly and well-informed. They led me in the right direction. They knew what to say, and they knew what I wanted. They didn't make me feel slow, and they were very attentive. They have a way of doing security in an anonymous way. They allowed me to walk around, but everywhere I went, someone always would walk up to me.

October 10, 2015

By 22AB22

After my mother's brain injury we realized she could no longer live on her own and she wanted to be independent. We visited many different assisted living facilities before placing her at The Bristal at Massapequa. It was the best decision for her. The staff is amazing, they are caring and supportive. Everyone from the housekeeping and maintenance staff to the medical staff to the dining staff to the hospitality staff to the administration knows my mother and are aware of her needs. Even in difficult situations they are calm and loving. When my mother needed more care due to the deterioration of her mental state, the staff helped her and our family deal with the change. I never would have thought it was possible but the staff in Reflections is even more supportive. The staff keeps my mother active and busy and she is included in all activities. The staff at the Bristal are a Godsend to our family. We know our mother, grandmother and great grandmother is safe and cared for by some extraordinary people.

October 02, 2015

By Anita's Friend

Remember the line from "Cheers" - everyone knows your name? Well the entire staff at the Massapequa Bristal not only knows everyone's name, but so much more about each resident! The quality of individual care and concern they naturally show each is just amazing. And like a grand hotel, there are wonderful meals, lovely accommodations, beautiful areas to chat and relax, a variety of activities and weekly trips, on staff medical facilities, a Beauty Salon, a cinema, an exercise room, a computer center, a library... I know my friend is well taken care of as she has reached her 90th year. Thank you everyone at the Bristal of Massapequa!

October 01, 2015

By paulg37

My family moved our mom and dad to The Bristal at Massapequa in Feb 2013 once we realized they were no longer able to maintain a house and neither were fit to drive a car anymore.   The Bristal is a wonderful place, with very friendly and helpful staff members, excellent food and diversified menu at every meal, and loads of activities throughout the day.   Having them at The Bristal provided us with the comfort of knowing that mom and dad were in a good place and eliminated the worry of what became of their living situation prior.   Dad has since passed away but mom is still living at The Bristal and agrees that it's the best place for her now. I would recommend The Bristal to anyone looking to move elderly parents to a place where they will be under excellent care and supervision.

June 12, 2015

By chirisi

After looking for a independent but supervised lifestyle for my mom we stumbled onto to this gem. Mom was lost after losing my Dad. Not eating correctly and being overwhelmed in a big home. After much coaxing we convinced her into giving the Bristal a try. What a difference! Within six months of arriving at the Bristal Mom is back to a healthy weight. The restaurant is beautiful and the staff is open to suggestions from the food committee made up of residents. The activities team has a great schedule from off site trips to in house entertainment. The service crew are so friendly yet respectful, and my Mom's apartment shines. She loves the ladies who come help in the morning. I can't say how relieved I am that Mom is taken care of while still having her independence.

August 30, 2014

By Dan27

When we visited The Bristal at Massapequa, we saw people playing games. Everything we ask, the staff were able to answer all of them. The rooms were okay, but it just wouldn’t work for my mother in law. The facility wasn’t set up for blind people and so it would not fit for her since she's legally blind, but it's a good place and some of her friends are there and they like it.

July 31, 2014

By MomsAdvocate1

Mom moved into the Bristal after rehab this past March. The staff members were nice and helped to the best of their abilities. There are activities to keep the residents engaged, including a large "movie theater" area in which the residents can watch television or enjoy a snack. The wellness staff is excellent and addresses concerns quickly. Unfortunately my Mom deteriorated to the point that she needed a higher level of care than the Bristal provides, so she recently moved to a skilled nursing facility.

April 13, 2014

By Tom81156950

I really liked the Bristal, they have lots of attendants there and the rooms were beautiful. They reminded me of a cruise ship, they have a big common area where you can get coffee and cookies all day, people were socializing, and they were setting up for lunch when I left. It was just really nice. They had a salon, physical therapy and a gym. They organized trips a couple of days a week, and they have buses that took them to shopping malls and several areas of interest. I would move in there myself.

March 26, 2014

By Caring73720550

I was very impressed with my visit at The Bristal. It's like a 5-star hotel and it's gorgeous. The staff who assisted me during the tour was very professional and very helpful. She showed us around and she was also very pleasant to talk with. I was very impressed with everything. They had a full calendar of events. They have bingo area, a theatre area, and a fitness gym area. Like I said, I want to stay there. Their dining room is beautiful although I was not able to taste any of the food.

January 31, 2014

By Kristen9

Everything in The Bristal including the rooms was great. I liked the cleanliness of the place and the activities. They had a lot of activities to choose from and it seemed like they were very busy. I liked the outdoor patio on the first level and the outdoor balcony on the second level. They had physical therapy area, which was very spacious. My brother-in-law was in wheeler or a walker and we found out that the exit and entrance was very open and wide. It was accessible and easy to get in to. So, it would be a hassle to get him out of there for the day or any time. The people who work there knew the residents' name and the residents knew them, also. We had a nice experience.

November 22, 2013

The Bristal at Massapequa Assisted Living was beautiful and new. They had a fantastic gourmet menu but it was more expensive than the other facility we visited. They had many activities and the rooms were nice. I would recommend this place if they could afford it.

August 01, 2012

By Prototype

Our family is disappointed with lack of professionalism and organizational skills by the management of the Bristal. There is no tracking or scheduling of resident's needed care and therefore resident is often only attended to when they are called or when they are adequately staffed. We also have concerns with the lack of control over resident's medication and of the expertise needed to dispense medication.

We appreciate and value your feedback greatly. At the Bristal, we utilize all observations as teachable moments for our staff and organization, helping us reinforce what is working well and address any area not satisfying our demanding standards of excellence. We would like to speak with you directly so we can better understand and address the concerns that you describe in your recent post. We take every review seriously, and any isolated issue that we can identify will be swiftly and definitively corrected. Please call our corporate office at 631-580-6420 and you will be directed to Maryellen McKeon, Senior Vice President of Operations.

Thank you again for your helpful note.

July 15, 2012

By Ottothomasvogt

Well what can't I say about how great the staff was and how lovely the place was. I am a very picky man and I loved the place. The ladies I met were very kind to me and they allowed me to talk with some of the guys who already live there. I have a apartment now but really like the idea of not having to cook, make my bed or go to grocery store. They have trips to stores if you wanna go. They even go out to restaurants. I really liked the movie theatre, it's like seeing the movie in town. After reviewing my bills it may even be cheaper than what I pay now cause it includes cable and food. I have to talk it over with my kids but I liked what I saw.

May 15, 2012

By absurdny

I love this facility. It is a beautiful place and the staff is very nice there. They take good care of the residents

March 27, 2012

By Ivy Salvador

I can still remember the first time I visited this facility where my friend's mom was currently confined. There were a lot of great things to commend about the staff, the place itself and the services given to their patients. When we arrived, we were immediately greeted by the friendly staffs and were asked who are we going to visit. I immediately notice how tidy the place was compare to the other facilities that I've been with. The room was really neat and clean, and not just when a visitor is there but it is kept that way everytime. Also, based on what I have observed they were treating their patients with genuine care because my friend's mom was really happy with their service and she was an easy to please person so that's saying something. She was all praise when it comes to the treatment of the staffs and even mentioned that she quite enjoyed her stay.

June 02, 2011

By FletAnd

Visited this facility

My tour of the Bristol Assisted Living in Massapequa started with entry into a well decorated spacious lobby, with a pleasant receptionist who was able to provide details of the facility. Just past the lobby was a beauiful dining room where the residents where able to sit and enjoy there meals in a dining room like setting. There was also various sitting rooms and alcoves throughout the building where residents where able to sit and enjoy some alone time to read or relax. The patients rooms where spacious and private. The staff was courteous and professional. There where also postings for outings, movies and crafts. The facility was of the highest standard.

Photos of The Bristal at Massapequa Assisted Living

Services & Amenities of The Bristal at Massapequa Assisted Living

• Minimum Memory Cost: $7400/month

• Pharma

About The Bristal at Massapequa Assisted Living

The Bristal Assisted Living at Massapequa is dedicated to enhancing the lives of seniors by encouraging them to enjoy and express their independence in a luxurious setting. We boast gourmet dining, beautiful surroundings, weekly laundry and housekeeping services, cablevision and scheduled transportation to shopping, community activities and group outings.

At The Bristal, individuals will find that help is always available, if needed, for personal care, medication management, meals, housekeeping, laundry, recreation and 24-hour per day supervision with our high staff-to-resident ratio, compassionate, and expertly-trained staff. Residents have a choice of friendship suites, studios, one and 2 bedroom apartments, replete with roomy kitchens and generous bathrooms. In addition, each Bristal houses a special area call Reflections for those adults who have early to mid-stage Alzheimer's and other memory related cognitive disorders.

The Bristal at Massapequa could not be more conveniently situated. Endless shopping, dining, banking and more lies literally in every direction, and because it is so near to the Route 110 corridor, these options multiply tenfold. It's easy to visit with your loved ones at The Bristal, because it's located on Sunrise HIghway right on the border of Nassau and Suffolk Counties. Countless places of worship, entertainment and culture abound, not to mention plentiful South Shore recreation.

Map of The Bristal at Massapequa Assisted Living