Brookdale Long Cove Pointe

5535 Irwin Simpson Road, Mason, OH, 45040

Reviews of Brookdale Long Cove Pointe

Caring91151450 July 31, 2014

Everything at Emeritus was nice. It just wasn't a good fit for my uncle. They didn't offer a lot of activities. They had a lot of people who were Alzheimer's patients. He's very sharp and he needed more stimulation.

Both the staff and the rooms were very nice. They were very good for what they are. They were very nice and clean. It was just they specialize more in people with Alzheimer's and those who have that kind of condition.

Nancy72372050 January 30, 2014

Mom is at Emeritus at Long Cove Pointe for almost a year now. We chose this facility because it’s the only one available that I could get her into and it’s close to her house. The facility is very nice. She needs to have dialysis so she doesn’t participate in a lot of activities. The staff seemed to be very attentive to her and talk to her a lot. If you call them up or talk to them on the phone, they will answer your questions. If they can't, they will find out and call you back and call you back. I am really pleased with place. I would definitely recommend this place.

Keith8 December 13, 2013

We visited Emeritus at Long Cove Pointe and that was very nice. The people were very nice. The staff that toured us around the place were also very friendly, knowledgeable, and they did a good job.

billmonroe November 26, 2013

large rooms, vary full menu, lots of activities, very clean and quiet, friendly staff

Caring68486450 November 21, 2013

Emeritus was very nice and I like it a lot. It was also very clean. Everything was pretty good there. It looked like it had everything that we needed. Their rooms were a little bit small, but their staff was very professional and very nice. They were very helpful in answering my questions. I was very pleased with everything they have to offer especially with regards to activities.

Mr. & Mrs. Smith August 13, 2013

Emeritus is excellent and it's a very nice facility. It's clean and the staff are very nice. As far as the surroundings, the equipment, and in many other ways it is excellently done. However, we were very much turned off about one aspect. At the entrance foyer, there were maybe 6 or 7 residents in wheelchairs that were staring into space. In some places we've been, the foyer doesn't have the residents as visible. The dear residents at the entrance foyer could have meant that they were waiting for relatives coming in, I don't know. I think it would be better if they have a gathering place instead, and not having them at the main foyer because it kind of put us off. The first impression wasn't good. If it wasn't for the entrance hall, I would put it up at 4.5. Really, it would be not what we saw, but who we saw; that's the problem.

Debra11 August 01, 2013

Emeritus at Long Cove Pointe was a newer facility. It looked very well kept and very clean. The rooms were newer and clean. They had a wide range of activities.

Bob34 July 25, 2013

We moved my mother at Emeritus at Long Cove Pointe and everything is going well. The place is very, very nice and clean. The dining room is great and the food is fair. Her room is very nice. The staff are very attentive and helpful. They go very far with the level of care that they offer. I was concerned that my mother would not be a candidate given that she has some variety of issues, but they evaluated her and they said she could move in and we are very happy with the care. She is also very happy there. They have variety of activities, but she does not participate too much right now.

Lovingdaughter8 July 24, 2013

When we visited Emeritus I looked at the place that the people were served, I didn't think the food looked that good. I didn't have any complaints about the staff but I didn't like the grounds. It didn't have the park setting that the other facility had. We looked at the studio room and it didn't have a full kitchen.

Terri6 June 12, 2013

Emeritus at Long Cove Pointe was very nice, very clean, and it was new. I think the rooms were a bit smaller than what I was looking for. They were full that time I visited. I am not sure about what activities they had, but I know they did have activities. I know they have a library, a TV viewing area, and a dementia unit.

kylet112 August 28, 2012

After searching all over the Mason area for a great assisted living facility for my grandmother, I was quite dismayed at the quality some establishments had. However, after coming across the Emeritus at Long Cove Pointe, I found it to be the perfect establishment for my grandmother. My grandmother and I were incredibly impressed by the facilities of the Emeritus at Long Cove Pointe. They have everything that is needed to make a comfortable stay. The Emeritus offers a great deal of activities to keep people busy and not just stuck in their beds. The staff could not have been more helpful. If any question or issue arose, the staff was more than happy to please. This place has a fantastic atmosphere which feels exactly like a home and I believe that's why my grandmother and I were drawn to it. Great food, excellent staff and beautiful facilities, I can not recommend the Emeritus at Long Cove Pointe enough.

Sterwell February 28, 2012

Every one who was a resident there looked so happy, and were well taken care of. Everything was clean, and nice as well. They also have plenty of activities for the residents to do, so they don't just sit around doing nothing but watching TV. I would recommend it for any one who is worried of sending their loved ones to a home.

StaceyRucker January 20, 2012

The Emeritus is a great place my great grandmother is a resident there and we love it there for her and she loves it as well. We go there on the weekends with the kids to see her and there is so much for us to do with her there. It is a little ways out form where we stay but it is a lot better than most of the nursing homes around in our area. The staff is also so very nice and friendly and always trying to help in some kind of way. You never have to go looking for someone like at some nursing homes where the staff is never around and it is very clean and well kept up. They also do a very good job at making you feel like your at home. They are constantly out of their beds doing daily activities so they are not cramped up in their beds all day I would recommend this nursing home to my friends and their families.

Ellie's Daughter October 07, 2011

I watched this facility being built as it is very close to my work location. I was thrilled to finally hear of their philosophy, amenities and pricing structure; as Mom was trapped in a SNF for the past three years. We were nervous as the facility was awaiting accrediation and about being the 'first few' in. BUT, I have to tell you that the EMERITIS STAFF has exceeded my expectations in just a few short weeks! There were some bumps in the road, initally - which I can't even remember, since we have become a FAMILY, and they are taking EXCELLENT care of Mom! This has been a huge help to me as a sole caregiver, and Mom is actually HAPPY there; said the food is even much better than the other place! I could not have accomplished my goals without Chris, Debby, Rene, Kevin and the entire EMERITUS team; especially her CONCIERGE/AIDES and RNs (too many to list all names)! You have truly fulfilled your promises - a wonderful thing in todays day and age! THANK YOU for this facility and staff! We are so happy we found you!

From Brookdale Long Cove Pointe

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Long Cove Pointe