The Villages at Marion Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

4.2

November 03, 2014

By Caring87198150

I picked The Villages as mainly she had to be in memory care, so I had to find a facility with memory care, and then it’s also close to where we live, so those were the main factors. As far as the care goes, I would rate it a 5. The communication is excellent, the only thing is they run their qualified nursing staff pretty well, and there is only probably one registered nurse on staff at the time. Most of the people providing the care are wonderful, but most of them are probably certified nurses’ aides so a lot of times they make a choice because my mother has Parkinson’s and she has fallen four times and probably three of the times she didn’t need to go to the hospital, but they sent her to the hospital and we will every single time at a thousand dollars. I am in close contact with her doctor who is also my family doctor, and he is on the board on two of the assisted living facilities. They are good about contacting me and letting me know, but I am not involved in the decision and they say that that’s their policy to send residents right away if they experience a fall which he said that’s not normal for all facilities, and that’s the only problem; everything else has been really positive. Everybody is wonderful to my mother, and they have been very good about trying to push a little bit more. As far as the day to day care and how happy my mother is, it’s excellent, I couldn’t ask for better care for her. They keep it very clean, and during the time my mom has been a resident there, I have seen them update three of the main areas of the facility with carpet, paint, new tile and stuff like that so they stay on top of upkeeps, and it’s very clean.

August 01, 2013

By Paul C.

I have chosen The Villages at Marion for my dad to stay in because of its proximity to my house. My dad has everything that he needs. He has free cable TV as part of the rent. They have a meal plan and he gets two meals a day, Monday to Friday. They have trips to local stores in the area and grocery stores. They have card tournaments, they have puzzles and a library. My dad likes it a lot.

July 26, 2013

By Jennifer20

We visited The Villages because I have a cousin who's there. The place was nice and I liked it that they repainted the place. The food is okay. But everything is carpeted and I am allergic to formaldehyde so I cannot live in a carpeted place.

Let Us Search For You

• Hiking Trails

• Staff Patient Ratio: 5:1 In Memory Care, 12:1 In Al

• Licenses: Iowa Department of Inspection Appeals Assisted Living

About The Villages at Marion

Nestled in a quiet corner of Marion, adjacent to Thomas Park The Villages at Marion offer a peaceful atmosphere for residents.

Village Place, Independent Living Community, provides carefree living, including a variety of meal plans, housekeeping, transportation, social activities and a community of friends.

While at Village Ridge, Assisted Living Community, you will be able to maintain an independent lifestyle with services customized to meet your specific needs and preferences. Assisted Living Services include, medication administration, assistance with activities of daily living, housekeeping, transportation, and more. Our 20 unit memory offers a secure and caring atmosphere for those suffering from Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.

At The Villages at Marion we encourage you to continue to live your story and enjoy your lifestyle with the services you need among a community of friends.

Map of The Villages at Marion