The Villages at Marion

345 Marion Boulevard, Marion, IA, 52302

Reviews of The Villages at Marion

Jeanie4 June 21, 2015

I was very impressed with the friendly atmosphere. All areas were very clean We were greeted by Amber. She answered any questions we had. I am anxious to get ready to move into a one room apartment in the fall.

Caring108403350 June 18, 2015

I was able to visit the Villages Place, and the man I spoke with and interacted with was extremely helpful. It was an excellent community, I wouldn’t hesitate to put my mother there, and I was impressed with it. The staff was wonderful, and one of the things that I noticed was that if the staff walked to a room that even the residents spoke first to them; to me I just thought that was impressive. I feel like the residents were comfortable with the staff, and I thought the rooms were excellent too; many of them had large windows overlooking kind of a wooded area with a really nice patio space, fireplace, and a lot of things outside, just a really lovely outside area. That was one of the most impressive things I saw.

They had a large dining room gathering space; I would think it might accommodate up to 50 people, it was quite large, and yet one of the most impressive things to me was that they had a private dining room that a family could run for a family gathering that would hold up to 12 people, so like if somebody had a family member there, and they wanted to have their private birthday party, they had a really nice formal dining room with a large table and nice sitting around. Just a lovely atmosphere for a family get-together. They have two kitchens; one of those kitchens had a table and chairs setup so if you wanted to just come in from the outside and bring a sandwich or something and eat with a family member you could actually have your own space there too. They had bingo, a lot of religious things, lots of craft things, and music. The aesthetic value of the place really impresses me most. It was just lovely, and there were so many opportunities. They had a large recreation room with a fire place, a lot of furniture, and three or four game tables. It was a glass door locked unit, and they use wrist or leg band guards. The door was coded, and it was so aesthetically pleasing as there were some large windows.

Caring87198150 November 03, 2014

I picked The Villages as mainly she had to be in memory care, so I had to find a facility with memory care, and then it’s also close to where we live, so those were the main factors. As far as the care goes, I would rate it a 5. The communication is excellent, the only thing is they run their qualified nursing staff pretty well, and there is only probably one registered nurse on staff at the time. Most of the people providing the care are wonderful, but most of them are probably certified nurses’ aides so a lot of times they make a choice because my mother has Parkinson’s and she has fallen four times and probably three of the times she didn’t need to go to the hospital, but they sent her to the hospital and we will every single time at a thousand dollars. I am in close contact with her doctor who is also my family doctor, and he is on the board on two of the assisted living facilities. They are good about contacting me and letting me know, but I am not involved in the decision and they say that that’s their policy to send residents right away if they experience a fall which he said that’s not normal for all facilities, and that’s the only problem; everything else has been really positive.

Everybody is wonderful to my mother, and they have been very good about trying to push a little bit more. As far as the day to day care and how happy my mother is, it’s excellent, I couldn’t ask for better care for her. They keep it very clean, and during the time my mom has been a resident there, I have seen them update three of the main areas of the facility with carpet, paint, new tile and stuff like that so they stay on top of upkeeps, and it’s very clean.

Paul C. August 01, 2013

I have chosen The Villages at Marion for my dad to stay in because of its proximity to my house. My dad has everything that he needs. He has free cable TV as part of the rent. They have a meal plan and he gets two meals a day, Monday to Friday. They have trips to local stores in the area and grocery stores. They have card tournaments, they have puzzles and a library. My dad likes it a lot.

Jennifer20 July 26, 2013

We visited The Villages because I have a cousin who's there. The place was nice and I liked it that they repainted the place. The food is okay. But everything is carpeted and I am allergic to formaldehyde so I cannot live in a carpeted place.

From The Villages at Marion

Nestled in a quiet corner of Marion, adjacent to Thomas Park The Villages at Marion offer a peaceful atmosphere for residents.

Village Place, Independent Living Community, provides carefree living, including a variety of meal plans, housekeeping, transportation, social activities and a community of friends.

While at Village Ridge, Assisted Living Community, you will be able to maintain an independent lifestyle with services customized to meet your specific needs and preferences. Assisted Living Services include, medication administration, assistance with activities of daily living, housekeeping, transportation, and more. Our 20 unit memory offers a secure and caring atmosphere for those suffering from Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.

At The Villages at Marion we encourage you to continue to live your story and enjoy your lifestyle with the services you need among a community of friends.

Features of The Villages at Marion

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Hiking trails
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,631/month