Reviews of Sunshine Gardens | Marion, IL
Brenda005152 October 13, 2016
I am a friend or relative of a current/past resident
We used Sunshine Gardens for about 5 days. It was very nice. My loved one enjoyed his stay. The facility was very clean. He said the food was good, but I never tried the food. The dining area was nice. It wasn’t like an institution. It looked like a restaurant. He found other men there to sit with, and he enjoyed it. The staff was friendly and helpful. They had a bingo room. He had a sliding door that would go outside to a secured place like a little courtyard where he can sit outside, and there were other men and a place to sit and talk with them. I would recommend this place; I could stay there myself.
From Sunshine Gardens
Welcome to Sunshine Gardens Senior Living
Sunshine Gardens is one of the largest independently owned assisted living facilities in Southern Illinois offering full spectrum of services at an affordable fee. We recognize that each individual has his or her own personal needs and we focus on them and develop individualized care program based on the individual needs of each of our residents.
Our residents are provided with a balance of independence along with the appropriate level of care and services they require within a very supportive environment. This means that our residents get to choose what they want to do, when they want to do it and to receive daily assistance only as needed.
Our apartment homes are designed for people who need a little more space. We have the most spacious floor plans in the area and every room has a scenic view. Each home was carefully designed to create a comfortable carefree living space.
- Kitchenette with microwave & refrigerator
- Bathroom with Walk-In Shower and Grab Bars
- State of the Art Emergency Response System
- Individually Controlled Heat and Cooling System
- Spacious Floor Plan and Wide Door Openings
- Generous Closet Space
- Beautiful, Scenic Views
Sunshine Gardens is an All-Inclusive Community, which means your monthly rent includes:
- Three Chef-Prepared Meals Daily
- Utilities: Heat/AC, Electric, Water, Sewer, Trash Disposal, Basic Cable Television and Internet (at a substantial discount)
- Apartments are Telephone-Ready
- Planned Transportation for Personal Business, Shopping and Medical Appointments
- Private Mail Boxes
- Social Activities and Outings, Both Inside and Outside of the Community
- Use of Private Dining Area for Entertaining Family and Friends
- In-House Store for Convenience Items
- Everything is under one roof including a beauty/barber shop, mini-convenience store, movie theater and activities.
- Handrails along all inner walls, wide doorways and open floor plans create an ease of mobility regardless of physical limitations.
- Residents can enjoy the tranquility of the inside gardens regardless of the weather outside.
Thank you for your interest at the Sunshine Gardens Senior Living. Come experience Sunshine Gardens where every day is full of relaxation. You’ll learn to laugh again, socialize, learn a new skill, make new friends and invite old friends in for a visit. It’s a great place to celebrate life! Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.
What Makes Us Special
Sunshine Gardens provides a balance of independent living along with personal help with Activities of Daily Living (ADL). We are committed to providing a safe and peaceful community where residents can experience an enriched quality of life. Sunshine Gardens is one of the largest independently-owned senior communities in the area that offers a full spectrum of services including nutritious meals, socialization and programs to stimulate the mind and body.
Features of Sunshine Gardens
Technology and entertainment
- Cable TV in resident's rooms
- Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas
- Medication Management
- Physical therapy
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- 2-bedroom apartments
- Studio apartments
- Housing extra: Shared living
- Beauty/Barber shop
- General store
- TV room
- Gardens/outside patio
- Parking for residents
- 24-hour security gate
- Transportation for residents (shuttle bus or similar)
- Coffee shop
- Shared space where residents can host parties
- Some residents have in-room kitchenettes
- Meals in a shared dining room
- Arts, woodworking, craft
- Organized offsite activities (outings, etc)
- Religious services
- Lectures and discussions
- Book clubs
- Guests can attend meals
- Ample parking for guests
- Laundry service for clothes
- Laundry service for linens
- Pets: Small pets allowed
- We help families understand VA benefits
- We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
- State License(s): 5105215
- Minimum rate: $2,600/month
Location of Sunshine Gardens
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities