Sterling Estates Senior Living Community

4220 Lower Roswell Road, Marietta, GA, 30068

Reviews of Sterling Estates Senior Living Community

westpoint November 13, 2014

My husband and I moved to Sterling Estates over two years ago when they were partially completed. With uniquely designed floor plans and a vast array of amenities we decided a cottage suited our needs the best. We are both involved in water aerobics twice a week, weekly lunch outings, games, crafts, happy hour, and just a few mentioned- we stay busy! We select our daily menus which include: healthy choices, creative food, homemade soups and desserts with all meals. Location also influenced our move as we had lived in Cobb County for over 30 years. Best decision we could make in our “Golden Years” at Sterling Estates.

A Sterling Home November 12, 2014

My thoughts on The Sterling Estates Marietta, Georgia FACILITY The architecture of this new residence has the feel and appearance of a grand home. The public areas are decorated and furnished just like home.. The terrace and porches Provide a comfortable place to sun and view the wonderful landscaping. The wellness Center (gym and pool) and activities center are first class. There are apartment accommodations to satisfy one’s different needs. ACTIVITES The activities really keep us going, from bingo, brain games, arts and crafts to restaurant outings and shopping trips. The wellness program offers us group exercise programs in the gym and the pool as well as individual sessions. STAFF The companion care givers are a great help to me and all others. Each companion knows every resident by name and is familiar with their individual needs.. They are cheerful and warm. Their quality of care is the hallmark of this residence. The management staff works very hard to keep us all alive and living. Their many programs keep us active and moving. They know the way to ones heart is through their stomach so they set a fine table. Having never lived in a senior community before my wife and I were surprised at the genuine level of attention that comes from the staff here.

Mots November 12, 2014

After the death of my husband and a series of accidents my three sons and I looked for a place in Georgia for me that would help me recover. Sterling Estates was our choice, and I was on my way to recovery. The wellness program is the place for me. I always enjoyed exercise and competed in many sports. I am doing well and making progress everyday with the help of an excellent staff. The care team and the staff has become family to me. This is a wonderful place, and I smile each day because I am here.

moveitorlooseit November 12, 2014

Very impressed with the Wellness Center at Sterling Estates. They get residents out of their rooms and get them moving either in the workout room or in the therapeutic pool. Lots of energy and a happy atmosphere at Sterling Estates.

Maple Joe November 06, 2014

My mother is an original member of the Sterling Community. When we moved her here from out of state we were relieved to find a superb Senior Living Community close to our home. All facilities are first rate and the staff is caring and attentive. Dining, recreational and wellness activities, coupled with the establishment of good friends has made her experience and ours very positive. In particular, a heated pool, well equipped fitness center, physical therapy and massages have been critical to combat physical and mobility declines. These were real differentiators over other facilities we considered.

Miles1 May 11, 2014

The staff is very nice at Sterling Estates. A lady, I think named Sharon, is the director and is very good. I had lunch there. My daughter also lives right near there, which is a good thing. It's all nice, and the facilities are good. They had swimming pool and activities like dancing and movies. It's new, it's fresh, it's good as new, and it's good looking.

Gamblinmom October 11, 2013

Sterling Estates has been a God send. My mom who is 91 fell in January and broke her hip. After surgery and rehab, mom was not able to return home. I looked at all of the senior facilities in East Cobb and new immediately Sterling Estates was the right fit. Other facilities had no formal exercise room nor heated swimming pool much less a dedicated staff member who CARES about every resident's health and encourages them to exercise. My mom hadn't been in a swimsuit since she was 20 years old. Now she's in the pool twice a week and getting stronger from week to week. From the kitchen staff who always prepare delicious food and offer variety to their menu to the nursing staff and care givers to the management team and owners, Sterling Estates offers the best senior care in East Cobb. Mom is in a safe loving environment with lots of good friends. They have become her second family! Thank you, Sterling Estates for the peace of mind you have given me!

Czexplorer September 12, 2013

owner operated, caring professional staff. My father is 100 and went into Sterling with a broken hip. In 6 months he barely need a walker. Need I say more.

janehorton September 11, 2013

I came to Sterling Estates with the hope of reestablishing an independent lifestyle. When I arrived I could not walk for more than five minutes. Suffering from a heart condition had greatly limited what I could do. I truly felt trapped. I wanted to feel better. I wanted to be the person I once was.

I met with the Sterling Estate staff and a wellness plan was custom made for me. It included exercise and diet. I began personal training with gentle resistance three days a week, as well as, closely monitored water therapy two days a week. I set what seemed like a lofty goal of running up the large hill on the front of the property. I am proud to say on August 1, 2013, less than a year later, I ran up that hill!

Sterling Estates has more than changed my life. I have reached goals I never thought possible.

babsflowerlady August 19, 2013

My husband and I were now in our 80s. We were starting to see signs that our bodies and minds were getting up in years. Mat fell out of bed, thankfully not damaging his pacemaker. I also had a fall. It was becoming apparent that we needed more help to get by. I visited a local Assisted Living facility and was very depressed by what I saw. People sat staring out the window and the place smelled very bad. This was not the dream I had for my, "golden years." Fortunately, I had an office visit with a physical therapist and she told me about a new senior residence which was under construction in Marietta. I was curious enough to go and take a look. Even though the property was just being developed, a strong feeling came over me that, "this is it." I had not had such a feeling since decades earlier when I had the urge to open my own sandwich shop. The idea of a place dedicated to wellness was just what I wanted to see. Having a heated indoor swimming pool, plus healthy meals, in a beautiful environment, were my hopes for a better future. I met Sharon and Marshall at Sterling Estates and was very pleased with their friendliness and courtesy. I knew that the biggest challenge I faced was to get my husband convinced it was time for us to move. Since he liked the buffalo burgers at Ted's Montana Grill, I suggested that we go for a ride. While we were there, I casually suggested that, “just for fun,” we go take a look at a new retirement place down the street. He was equally impressed. I told him that I was concerned if we could afford something that nice. He told me that since we had been paying into a long-term disability fund for many years, we could. We decided that the least we could do was give it a short-term trial and see if it was a good fit. We moved in August of 2012. It was wonderful to be in a community of caring people who showed deep personal concern for all of our needs. This became especially important as my husband’s health deteriorated. We do not know how we would have managed without a team of experts to help us through the difficult time of concluding his life. I am so blessed today to enjoy the luxury and comfort of pristine surroundings, including a flower-filled courtyard, complete with a fountain and rubber ducks! Additionally, after many years of hoping and wishing, I have finally found a close personal friend with whom I can share activities. Our only regret about Sterling Estates is that we could not have moved here sooner. Since we were some of the first residents to arrive, we have had the benefit of enjoying this wonderful place as much as possible.

catmom April 24, 2013

Unfortunately, my stay at Sterling was only a temporary one. I was there until I could sell my previous home and purchase a new one. I was welcomed, literally, with open arms from the owners, management, and all staff. It is a perfectly beautiful and safe place, which has the feeling of one big family. Everyone goes above and beyond when accommodating residents there. I was one of the independents, but saw first-hand the loving care and attention shown to assisted living residents as well. The companions do a wonderful job in all areas and are utmost professionals. I simply cannot speak highly enough of Sterling Estates, and would recommend it to anyone in need of a facility of this nature.

NBennett April 24, 2013

We visited a large number of communities before deciding to place my dad at Sterling Estates. The people and the facility are far above anything else in the East Cobb area. From our first visit, the staff their demonstrated that they valued my dad - and all of us - as members of a community that they are serious about making a welcoming, safe place.

From Sterling Estates Senior Living Community

Sterling Estates Senior Living Community is East Cobb's / Marietta's newest Assisted and Independent Living Community situated on 10 acres located on Lower Roswell Rd just off of Johnson Ferry Road. We have 90 private suites with a choice of nine floor plans from studios to 2 bedroom/2 bath suites in the main assisted living residence. Surrounding the main residence are 6 custom-built duplex cottage homes with three different floor plans ranging from 2,000 to 2,400 square ft.

In partnership with you and your loved ones our commitment is to encourage and empower each resident to stay active and independent by focusing on wellness activities that promote physical and mental stimulation so that each resident's lifestyle and well being is enhanced.

• Indoor, heated salt water aerobic pool
  • Situated on 10 landscaped acres
  • $1million, 5,000sf Wellness Center w Specialized Staff trained in Geriatrics
  • Licensed professional nurse on staff w 24 hr. access to care staff
  • Emergency notification system w personal pendants and pull cords
  • Restaurant style dining options and Casual Cafe
  • Maintenance Free and Stress Free Living
  • Medication monitoring as well as assistance with other activities of daily living provided as needed

Sterling Estates was designed, developed and is managed by four local partners with over 75 years of combined senior living experience. Sterling Estates was built with their own families and friends in mind. No other senior community can compare to the lifestyle, features, amenities and outstanding value that Sterling Estates offers each resident. We invite you to come and experience the Sterling Way.

Features of Sterling Estates Senior Living Community