Azalea Manor Marietta, GA

557 Waterman Street SE, Marietta, GA, 30060

Reviews of Azalea Manor | Marietta, GA

July 08, 2013

By medical

I visited a number of facilities in Cobb County. My father was almost bed bound from tuberculosis and my Mom has dementia. It is difficult to find a facility that would take Dad even with physical therapy because he could not "stand and pivot" to the toilet without assistance. If they would take Dad it seemed they would not take Mom - the combination of their ailments was proving difficult to place them both in one facility. Azalea Manor took them and Dad recovered. Now Mom is worse but they are still together and loved by the staff. They are kind and gentle and southern and they try to work with all kinds of older folks that can no longer care for themselves.

October 29, 2012

By jamestelectric

Other

I called the location in Marietta to inquire about setting a appointment to view the facility for my mother. The call seemed like it went to guys cell phone number (Mark). He answered the phone rudely and was very short and defensive with just basic questions. If they answer the phones and treat potential future customers they way I was treated... I would think twice about leaving a loved one in their care. (I don't know maybe I caught them on a bad day).

August 19, 2011

By A Concerned Social Worker

This facility, which offers assisted living, memory care, day healthcare and short term care, is very quaint and cute, with a nice porch. But inside, it looks like an old nursing home that has been modified into assisted living, with the plastic floor tiles still remaining. It's located in a busy area, where many buildings are being refurbished, close to the town square that has shops and boutiques and restaurants for residents and visitors. But one concern is that the building is not locked or secured. It is small"”with a total of 18 rooms, some of them shared. About 75% of the residents are in wheelchairs; about half have memory care issues. Because it is small and privately owned, there may be a better chance of resolving issues more quickly than in a place owned by a large chain. In the memory care unit, there is a wing with more nurses' aides, with a better ratio to residents, but no more safety features or specialized activities. Residents don't seem appropriately stimulated or engaged. No engaging activities are offered for those in assisted living, either. The staff schedule is posted daily, so residents know what to expect. The one dining room is crammed with wheelchairs during meals. The food there is served is "southern style," featuring a lot of fried and boiled selections. There is one cook for the whole place, serving three meals a day. The cook is there while they eat"”which is a benefit. While some residents complain the cost is too high, a number of services such as help with bathing and hygiene, medication management, housekeeping and laundry is included in the basic price.

June 30, 2011

By GuiCyber

Azalea Manor is a licensed facility, and one of the things that makes me feel very safe about my aunt living there is the fact that WellStar Kennestone Hospital is less than two miles away. Should any major health issue arise, I know that my aunt is very close to a major hospital. Azalea Manor has a great health care system in itself, but it gives me an extra peace of mind to know that if there is any emergency that my aunt is so close to the hospital, just in case. I really enjoy the southern hospitality and the generous way that people respond to my aunt at Azalea, and the way that they speak to her an interact with her. They speak to her with respect, and do not speak to her like she is a child. Although some people may need to be spoken to in a simpler manner of speech, my aunt is quite sharp in her mind and can quickly catch on to people who are patronizing her and speaking down to her. She is a very spirited lady, she just needs help with everyday tasks, cooking, cleaning, and her diabetes treatments. One huge reason that my aunt was open to being cared for at Azalea is because they have a great day care, or respite program. We started using Azalea when I had to travel out of town for work, and my auntie was able to spend three days and two nights at Azalea. After that, we got really involved in the program because she enjoyed the socialization. Whether your family will need long term care or maybe just some assistance after a surgery, or care during the day, Azalea is a really great place. While their care is serious and professional, they deliver it in a lighthearted, fun way. It does not feel like nursing home or "the end of the road." My aunt does not feel trapped or unhappy at Azalea, and that is worth gold. The people who run this facility do it with an open heart and we are blessed to be able to give my aunt this type of care.

Photos of Azalea Manor

Features of Azalea Manor

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.
  • Housing Extra: Private And Semi Private Rooms

• Telephone Connections in all Rooms
  • Pet Therapy, Regular Religious Services, and Other Activities
  • Much More!

Outside Services Available To Residents

Azalea Manor residents are provided many services from outside agencies including on-call pharmacist, medication evaluations and on-site physician visits, on-site rehabilitation therapies, on-site medical and nursing care, and more.

Residents Are Assisted With.....

• Bathing & Personal Hygiene
  • Incontinence Care
  • Dressing
  • Ambulation
  • Medications and Insulin
  • Eating and Nutrition
  • Daily Housekeeping, Laundry & Linens
  • Much More!

We are a family owned and operated business, with a combined 25 years of experience within the medical, healthcare, and hospitality industries.

Map of Azalea Manor