Brookdale Margate

5600 Lakeside Drive North, Margate, FL, 33063

Promotion ends in 5 days!

NOTHING SAYS SUMMER LIKE SAVINGS. Move into a Brookdale community by June 30, and receive a $1,000 rent credit! *Eligible new residents will receive a one-time $1,000 credit to the Basic Service Rate/Monthly Fee following the first 90 days of residency.

Reviews of Brookdale Margate

February 29, 2016

By S.O.

My grandparents were at Brookdale Margate. Three-quarters of the things they promised was not true. They weren’t assisting my grandfather like they were supposed to do. He had a stroke and apparently they did not notice. Also they were not transferring people properly. They weren’t very good. They did have serviceable apartments, but they were not as nice as those from the other facility. The food was OK, but the fact that the residents had a specific time that they could come in and eat was not good. If they missed it, they missed it. They also had specifically assigned eating, I understand why they do that, but it was not well managed.

February 23, 2016

By Gloria120291750

Brookdale Margate was much cleaner and had a much better layout with larger apartments than in other places, and had screened-in patios. I liked the way the dining room worked with different menus every day, plus the standard menu. If you don’t feel like going down at meal time, they’ll bring your meal to you. There was also a room to get snacks. I all just seemed friendlier and warmer.

December 10, 2015

By Julie F

Brookdale Margate is very nice and very clean. They just remodeled it and are still undergoing renovation. It smells very clean. Everybody is very friendly, even the manager is good. It was very convenient for my mother-in-law to move there because she lives in Margate. The staff is very helpful and takes good care of us. We don't have any problems at all. Every day they have a different kind of activity going on for the residents, like happy hour, music, and all kinds of things. They have two different dining areas. The apartments are of very good sizes and very clean. We are happy with it.

November 16, 2015

Brookdale Margate was a very nice facility but not as clean as the other facility I visited; however, they were going through renovations. The staff was very nice. The amenities were about the same as they were at the other facility. It was a sister location, but the location of the other facility was better for my client. I looked at a couple of rooms that were nice. They were spacious for one bedroom, but they were going through renovations in a lot of rooms.

August 21, 2015

By Diane112393850

The lady was very friendly. For someone who is looking in that area, Brookdale Margate (Formerly Emeritus at Regency Residence) would probably be a facility we would consider. The common area, the dining area, and the rooms where the residents stayed were nice. The staff was very informative. I saw people dining, and we went to the different rooms. They had a room where they celebrate birthdays and special affairs for the people there, and the grounds were pretty big.

July 17, 2015

By LibbyLou62

My husband has been in Brookdale Margate for several years. With the change of Directors, I find that the quality of the environment has deteriorated. The place doesn't look clean. According to my husband, the food quality has really gone down, too. The staff is great and seem very kind and caring. I have had a problem with smelling cigarette smoke in his apartment from another resident smoking and it was supposed to be taken care of but has not.

May 24, 2015

By Joy28

Mom went to Brookdale Margate last February. The staff was very nice, and they try hard to please you, but they don’t always live up to what they say they are going to do. She has her own private apartment, and it is nice. She has a little kitchenette area that they promised to upgrade, but they haven’t done it yet. They keep saying that they are going to, and there is always some kind of reason why they haven’t. They have a lot of activities, but my mom is not an activity goer. She went to an ice cream social one time. Their grounds are pretty well kept. They have a pool area. I was able to eat there, and I like their food.

May 22, 2015

By Renae2

We liked Brookdale, but my father-in-law was only there maybe two weeks. The food was decent to good, and everybody there was really lovely. They had shows, movies every night, happy hour, music at least two to three times a week, and they had everything that could have been great. The only negative with this place is it is very large, and if the person is not able to get around or not willing to, that’s difficult. It is not brand new, but each room was terrific. Every room has a kitchenette, full-sized refrigerator, and living room. They update everything. We have to pay more money to get a bigger room for him because we knew he would never go to the dining room or anywhere. The people were lovely, I went with him to happy hour, and he was amazed at how nice it was. They were helpful; we didn’t have furniture but someone was selling it, as somebody passed away. The sales person, Sandra, was very nice.

March 31, 2015

I visited Brookdale, and I was very disappointed in them. What I was told when I went there and by the time I signed the papers, it was another story. I didn't appreciate that. The place is nice, and the rooms are nice. I can't tell what goes on there because my mother wasn't there. It is a nice apartment, and there is nothing wrong with it. The entire place is very nice. I don't have any problem with the place because it is a nice environment. The patients looked very happy to me. My problem is what they told me before I got in there is not what they were giving me after I got in there. I was not happy with that behavior.

We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 to discuss them in greater detail.

March 25, 2015

Brookdale Margate was OK. I think the place just needs some updating. It was an older building. My mother wasn't in memory care there, so she was more on her own, and she didn't participate in any activities. Everyone seemed very caring.

March 20, 2015

I like Brookdale Margate, but it was so expensive. The rooms are OK and spacious.

February 11, 2015

By Spencer3

The staff is good and nice. I can't find any fault with the staff. I didn't try to eat there. I just went in to look around and see how things were in Brookdale Margate. The units that I looked at were clean. I didn't look at the whole place. I looked at a couple of apartments and stuff like that, and they are good. I didn't inquire about the activities. I wasn't in a hurry, but at the same time I just wanted to be in and out. I didn't want to spend an excessive amount of time in there. I didn't see any problem with the place. It's just that I didn't see what I wanted, and apparently the price is a little bit over my head so I never considered it. Another thing, I'm not sure if I'm going to be in Florida or living in Georgia, so I'm not prepared to make a decision at the moment.

January 13, 2015

By Allison5

We did several visits at the Brookdale Margate ,and we saw each type of apartment that they have from the smallest to the largest. Each individual apartment has their own cable, and the larger apartments have a full kitchen so if they wish to cook themselves, they can. They all have screened in patios, and they also allow small pets. The staff was really nice, and the woman who was in charge of making sure that everything keeps running was amazing. Everybody was willing to go the extra step to answer any question you needed, and it was really their selling point because it was so clean and they were just very efficient. Everybody was really friendly. We ate lunch there to see what it was like, and the food was very good. They have a regular menu if you choose not to have the meal of the day. They have an entertainment area with a grand piano where they have entertainers come in, and then they have a separate room where they play cards or bingo. They also have a TV room where they can all sit and watch movies together.

November 07, 2014

By Janet96432650

Emeritus at Regency Residence is the one that I like a little better, but they didn't have memory care. I did try eating there, and the food was good. They showed us a room and that was it. It's a bedroom, and that was it. It was clean though.

October 05, 2014

Emeritus at Regency is the one I picked and I've moved in. It includes three meals a day and there are activities every day. I have a one-bedroom apartment, completely independent, so I come and go as I please. I looked at several places and their prices were too high, but this one was within my budget, so this is what I picked.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. Your feedback is always appreciated!

September 23, 2014

Emeritus at Regency is less than three hours away from me, and it is where my mom is. They offer a number of activities that vary from month to month, outings for the residents to get together on a regular basis, and Friday night social hour, and they also do a lot with veterans. Staffing was a little on the thin side, as were the food service times that they had and their wait staff.

July 30, 2014

By Lore

We have decided on a facility. It is called Emeritus at Regency. First of all, we like the price, it is really what we could afford and also the facility was very nice. It was very clean. The people who are running it were very nice. The residents seemed friendly. My mother was able to get a one-bedroom apartment. The apartment has a bedroom, a living room, a kitchen and a bathroom. The facility has a very nice atmosphere. It has a pool and it is across the street from the lake, so it was very nice. They have a lot of activities. I don't know how many my mother will be wanting to do or able to do, but their calendar is very full. They do actually have a bus that takes them on shopping trips and entertainments and things like that. They are very good about wanting to get the residents out of their apartments and participate in activities. We had a couple of meals there and the food was passable. It wasn't great. Maybe the food can always be a little better. Food could be presented a little nicer. Also the servers were kind of a little put-off. However, the staff was very friendly, every one we came in contact with.

June 26, 2014

By Robyn5854

The neighborhood was fine at Emeritus. Their grounds looked fine. I thought the rooms were lovely. The staff was very nice. They gave me the activity list. However, it was just a little disconcerting that the independent and the assisted were in the same building. As you walked in, you would see all these people in wheelchairs, and it sort of felt like a nursing home and that just turned me off. It did not give a good first impression. It was like a nursing home, and I was looking for independent.

May 30, 2014

By Lisa85830050

I was able to visit Emeritus at Regency Residence. The staff were very friendly during the visit. The rooms were very clean and very nice. Their dining room is very clean. Their residents looked happy.

March 27, 2014

By Diane80682150

We chose Emeritus at Regency because it was near me and it was a very nice place. We had very limited interaction with anybody there, but everybody seemed very nice. The rooms were nice, and it had a kitchen. They offered activities, but he didn't participate in any because, though I had signed him up and paid the rent, he refused to go. So, he didn't spend a night nor a day there.

January 31, 2014

My friend wanted Emeritus at Regency Residence because they had a pool. All in all the facility was okay. I was able to visit there one time and the staff were good. Their dining room is also nice.

December 28, 2013

I did not like Emeritus at Regency Residence. It was old and tired looking. It also didn’t smell well. The flooring and the furniture needed replacement. I didn’t care for it at all.

December 17, 2013

By caring73978750

The facilities of Emeritus at Regency Residence were very nice. It was just a very nice place. It was very impressive. The social director was terrific. The place seemed to be very well run. The apartments were very nice, and the people seemed happy there.

October 18, 2013

By Joe22

I have no qualms about Emeritus at Regency Residence. I live in an apartment with a living room, a bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, and a patio.

September 21, 2013

By Joe20

I'm 90 years old and I've been living in my own home for 35 years. The thought that if anything happens to me and if I'm all by myself, well, it is not a good feeling. I chose Emeritus at Regency Residence because there are many things I like about this place. I have a lot better accommodation. The apartment I have is 800-square feet. It has a kitchen, a living room, a bathroom, a bedroom, a walk-in closet and a balcony. I have a king-sized bed in my bedroom. I have a lounge chair, a couch, a table, and a TV in my living room. I have a complete kitchen with stove, refrigerator and garbage disposal. We are provided three meals a day and I don't usually like what they serve but I'm getting used to it. Besides I can cook for myself. We also have better facilities here like a library, a coffee room, and another room for entertainment. I like best the swimming pool we have here. We have activities like entertainment two or three times a week and movies every night. They have a bus that takes us out for something like going to casino or having dinner outside. On Wednesdays, we have free ice cream and on Fridays, we have happy hour. The staff is accommodating. There are few that I don't want to be bothered with; however, the majority are all okay. I visited a lot of other places and they don't measure up to Emeritus. I have everything here.

September 21, 2013

By Ronnie1

Emeritus at Regency Residence was more assisted living than independent living. It was a much older community. The facility itself looked okay; however, it wasn't as bright and inviting as I expected it to be. Actually it looked a little bit depressing for me. The dining room was just an open space. It was clean but it also didn't look inviting. They could improve on the look of this place. It was completely different from the other independent living facilities that we have seen.

August 05, 2013

By Amanda175

I went there with my mother at I was looking for an ALF for her. We were very turned off by this place. It was worn out looking - the carpeting was dirty throughout the place, the furniture was worn out looking, & the halls smelled. I was looking for a fresh, cheerful place for my mother. This was definitely not it. Also, we had dinner there & the food was just very mediocre.

June 29, 2013

By Kathy39

I was not impressed with them at all. The facility was kind of old.

April 17, 2013

Emeritus was the best one to take care for mom. The place was very nice and the people were helpful. My mom was in a nice 2-bedroom shared apartment. It had everything in it that she needed. There was nobody else in the apartment at the time so that was good. If she needed help, the staff came right up to her so there was no problem. The facility offered many different things to do. The scenery was very nice because the facility was by a lake. The food was good, but they needed more help in the dining area because they were short-staffed.

April 17, 2013

By Dyana

We chose Emeritus at Regency Residence for my mother-in-law because it was in the price range and it suits her needs. They give you your money's worth compared to the other places. The rooms are larger, compared to the other ones. At newer places, the rooms are very small, which is more like a hotel room. This place offered a full one bedroom apartment with a screened in porch. They have entertainment, card games, pool exercises and movies. They allow pets. So far we like everything, the staff seemed to be very caring and patient. The place looks old so it can be a little bit cleaner, the hallways need new carpeting and elevators could be a little bit odorless. There's a little bit of a urine smell in the elevators. But we have already recommended this facility to others.

April 08, 2013

By Skyrider

My mother moved in here about a month ago. We were told lots of wonderful things before she moved in, but not so impressed now. The day she moved in no one even acknowledged her or acted like they knew she was coming. She was promised a "guardian angel" for the first month. Still waiting for that. We were told the staff would bring her down to meals as it is a long walk from her room. First their excuse was that she did not have a wheel chair. (We were not told she needed one) So we got a wheel chair. The staff comes when they feel like it to take her down, then she has to worry about getting back to her room. They are supposed to bring her meds to her. Half the time she has to go get them, and it is a very long walk for someone in her condition. They promised they would make her bed every day, that doesn't happen. THe place looks nice on the surface, but looking closer, the carpets are dirty, the windows are dirty, the staff does not seem friendly, really not happy but it's close to my house. Beware of their promises!

March 28, 2013

By caring5032

The outside of the Emeritus building was very nice. The staff was also very nice and welcoming. However, the inside of the building was dirty and not maintained very well. They need to replace the carpet. The whole building needs to be repainted.

April 07, 2012

By commercesd

While in Margate, we stopped in at the Emeritus at Regency Residence while looking at possible places for my friend's mother to live. The front and backyards featured many places for seniors to enjoy around the grounds safely. The property also had plenty of park-like space with tranquil, large trees and nicely manicured lawns. The interior décor was quite nice and fresh. Each room had nice views with calming, refreshing air and light. Community rooms were nice and pleasant, with plenty of space to engage in a number of social activities like games, reading, TV and crafts. The residents may also host private social events. All of the rooms were spacious enough to include ample seating and tables. The seniors appeared to be very active - but they can accommodate all levels of ambulation. The variety of activities offered was impressive. Just about any hobby can be accommodated. The staff goes out of its way to suggest stimulating things to do - from gardening, to reading, playing games and outings in the community. The restaurant style dining area offers many delicious choices. The lunch looked like what you might find in an upscale diner. We could see that my friend's mother would appreciate their menu options - since she's always enjoyed really good food. They also had a private dining room for friends and family to enjoy. All of the seniors looked very well cared for and seemed quite content living within this environment - where they had plenty of freedom, in a safe and sensible place.

Photos of Brookdale Margate

Services & Amenities of Brookdale Margate

• Coffee Shop
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Activity Room, Shuffleboard Court, Private Family Dining Room

• Activities Extra: Card Games, Bingo, Scrabble

About Brookdale Margate

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #7694