Brookdale Manteca

430 North Union Road, Manteca, CA, 95337

Reviews of Brookdale Manteca

Tim39 December 17, 2015

My mother-in-law moved into Brookdale Manteca (formerly Emeritus at Manteca). Everyone was very friendly and helpful. She has Parkinson's, and she is starting to have dementia problems, so they determined that she couldn't go into the assisted living. She went up to the memory care. They were very helpful with all the paperwork and processing everything. They were very cooperative. The facility seemed to be nice, clean, and well run. There was never an issue with them. We had one meal there. The food was fine, and my in-laws also liked the food. She has been there a little over a month. It's very well kept up, but it definitely was an older layout.

Anonymous113466150 October 28, 2015

Our initial experience at Brookdale Manteca wasn’t extremely well, but they were without a manager in the memory care facility for the first four weeks that she was there. We had a few hiccups that arose but as soon as the manager came in, things have been 100% better. She is on the top of the staff and addressing issues immediately with resolution. Things right now are going extremely well.

I like that their memory care unit is kind of a smaller size residents versus some of the larger and newer community. They have 16 residents in their memory care unit versus 26 to 35. They have a lot better ratio of residents to a caregiver and that was the primary thing that we were looking for, to make sure that she was getting attention that she needed. But one thing they can improve on would be better communication between the administrative staff and the caregivers.

Anonymous111034550 July 21, 2015

The staff was good at Brookdale Manteca (Emeritus at Manteca), but the place was kind of dreary and dark, and they were more expensive. I was not impressed. It looked old and run-down.

Anonymous108961650 April 07, 2015

The staff was very friendly at the Emeritus at Manteca, and that was why we chose it. It was clean. It met our needs, and it was affordable. They had activities like bingo, and they did have some therapy that they do with the residents.

Caring95076950 September 30, 2014

Emeritus at Manteca was a bigger place and there were more people there. It was very nice. Their dining room was the same as the other one. They had a good menu with good choices, and if you want something different, they will cook it for you too. They had the same activities as the other one. What I like best about this one was the location and their staff.

Stefanie1 May 30, 2014

My dad moved into Emeritus at Manteca. We chose it because we like the facility and we like the staff. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My dad ended up in a small studio, which is not what we were looking for originally, but there were some complications before he moved in. They do have bigger rooms, but my father has Parkinson's and eventually he is going to end up in the memory care ward. One of the reasons also that we chose for him to stay there is because he will be able to stay there as his disease progresses. He won't have to move to a different facility. They have a lot of available activities. They have a calendar of events, and they have several things going on every day. They have exercise classes, bingo several times a week, they have trips to the casino, malls, and local stores. They have entrainment come. They have monthly birthday parties for whoever has a birthday that month; they celebrate it once a month. However, my dad doesn't participate much in the activities. He stays in his room a lot. They do encourage him to go out as much as possible. He really hasn't yet taken advantage of activities. They have very good food in the dining room. They have lots of it, and a variety with multiple well-balanced meal choices. They have three entrée choices for lunch and dinner every day. Every day they have a soup and salad bar available. Plus, they have a regular menu that is available every day, if you don't like the choices.

Phil11 May 20, 2014

We located Emeritus, and my dad has not moved in as of yet. We still have a few things to sort out financially, and the type of room wasn't available at that time, so we're on a wait list. It was about 20 minutes from where I lived. All the staff is friendly and very helpful. That left me with impression enough to bring my father back, along with the rest of my family. They explained everything thoroughly and toured the whole facility. All in all, it was a good experience.

There were three floor plans that we looked at. One in particular that was I looking at for my father was the larger studio. It was a nice floor plan with kitchen and bathroom. They did give some monthly calendar of activities, which I found is good to keep them busy. That was another reason that I found the place favorable. Another reason I like it is that they had the dining room that Dad could go down to whenever he needed. He didn't have to cook for himself because he is unable to do so. The grounds that I was walking in were very clean. It didn’t look like a modern facility. It was nice, upkept, and clean. I was impressed.

Caring83900550 May 11, 2014

We went to Emeritus at Manteca, and the staff are very good. I think they might be a little understaffed from what I saw looking around, but they said they don’t think they are. The people are nice there, and this facility would probably be our first choice because of the affordability. It's between maybe $200-$400 a month less than some others. The rooms were OK. I think they have exercise and maybe some arts and crafts time. They have a garden area, and that is really huge and very nice with a waterfall and fishes. I would recommend this facility.

caring77625050 January 24, 2014

Emeritus at Manteca was a nice facility. It was clean and inviting. I liked it. The tour guide was very helpful and very pleasant, had a lot of information, and the tour was nice. We got to see the whole place. It seemed like a comfortable place.

Caring57860050 March 21, 2013

Merrill Gardens was close, clean, relatively nice, and they gave me a price that I can work with. The rooms and the staff were very nice. The food was decent and my grandfather didn't mind because he doesn't have a very particular taste. He moved in there, but he's back in his own place now because he doesn't want to be in such a facility.

From Brookdale Manteca

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Manteca

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Pharmacy

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 60

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits