Mansfield Place ASSISTED LIVING OHIO

Overview of Ratings

3.9

June 27, 2014

By Kathleen27

The rooms at Sterling House of Mansfield seem very nice, but they are definitely not handicapped accessible, not for people in wheelchairs. Even if my dad could have afforded it, he couldn’t have moved in there because he could not maneuver in the bathrooms. It's a very nice place, but for people who are in a wheelchair, I would never recommend this facility.

April 12, 2014

By Mary Alice2

Sterling House of Mansfield was one of the facilities I've toured, and this place is very nice and the price is right. The staff are very friendly and organized. The food is good. All in all, I thought it's excellent. They have a nurse on call all the time. They also do your laundry and they do it very well. The place that I saw that I would live in is very clean and very adequate.

March 22, 2014

By lilacs

this is based on a visit only. the rooms are somewhat small but adequate for someone whose meals, recreation, etc. are taken care of out sided the room. I liked the way it is laid out around an open courtyard. This way the clients can get exercise and fresh air without leaving the building area. Another plus is the small sitting areas along the halls. A resident can break up his/her walk with an easy resting place. The cost schedule is less clear than some establishments. base costs are clear but not extra care costs. I did wonder if there is enough staff, but couldn't tell from the visit. The staff we met were friendly and knowledgeable.

August 01, 2013

By Regine1

My stepmom has Alzheimer's and she is at Sterling House at Mansfield. The facility is fairly nice and plain. The lady who works with us to get her in there is very helpful. The room is pretty small, but is has a little living room, a sink, a small refrigerator and a microwave.

April 30, 2013

By Barbara27

The rooms at Sterling House seemed fine and their staff seemed nice. The real problem was my mother was under the impression that the prices of these facilities were all bad. We have to deal with the financing and sell our property if we were to put her in there. But we've decided not to put mom in any facility right now.

May 19, 2012

By csever10

Initially, when my grandmother moved into this facility it was ran very professionally and delivered superior care. After a few years, ownership and management changed several times. In the past few years the new resident's care needs exceeded the staff's abilities. Originally, residents were required to be able to walk to dinner on their own or with the help of one staff members. New residents, now routinely require additional staff help, which has spread the staff very thin. Select staff members were very helpful and dedicated, but the current staff did not meet the needs of the residents. This is not the staff's fault,as sterling house opened as an assisted living facility and not a nursing home. The newer management has contributed to moving away from what the facility was designed, causing unsatisfactory care for the residents.

Photos of Mansfield Place

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: 10 To 1

• Licenses: Ohio/ Assisted Living

About Mansfield Place

Brookdale Mansfield provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Mansfield Place