Brookdale Mansfield

1841 Middle Bellville Rd., Mansfield, OH, 44904

Reviews of Brookdale Mansfield

anonymous115511250 November 05, 2015

I toured Brookdale and thought it had declined significantly since I'd last seen it. It smelled of urine and feces, the residents in wheelchairs were lined up against a wall, and I saw very few interactions between staff and the residents sitting out in the living room area. I would never put my parents there. No one even greeted us when we walked in.

We apologize that your tour of Brookdale Mansfield did not meet all of your expectations. Please be assured our staff is continuously committed to providing the highest-quality service and care for each resident and we will share your feedback with our management team.

Caring105189650 June 23, 2015

I like that Brookdale Mansfield (Formerly Sterling House of Mansfield) had a nurse on-staff. I also like the setting of the apartment buildings and the individual rooms. The staff was pleasant. They had a little patio where you could take little walks, and they did have some type of outings.

Caring99272850 September 23, 2014

We were quite familiar with Sterling House of Mansfield. My mother-in-law was there and I also knew several people in the facility. It's very nice and clean. The staff were very friendly and always attentive to the visitors and to the residents. We have eaten there a couple of times and the food is good. It’s always lovely to visit in the sun room where we sometimes take a little snack and we eat there and visit with our friends.

Kathleen27 June 27, 2014

The rooms at Sterling House of Mansfield seem very nice, but they are definitely not handicapped accessible, not for people in wheelchairs. Even if my dad could have afforded it, he couldn’t have moved in there because he could not maneuver in the bathrooms. It's a very nice place, but for people who are in a wheelchair, I would never recommend this facility.

Mary Alice2 April 12, 2014

Sterling House of Mansfield was one of the facilities I've toured, and this place is very nice and the price is right. The staff are very friendly and organized. The food is good. All in all, I thought it's excellent. They have a nurse on call all the time. They also do your laundry and they do it very well. The place that I saw that I would live in is very clean and very adequate.

lilacs March 22, 2014

this is based on a visit only. the rooms are somewhat small but adequate for someone whose meals, recreation, etc. are taken care of out sided the room. I liked the way it is laid out around an open courtyard. This way the clients can get exercise and fresh air without leaving the building area. Another plus is the small sitting areas along the halls. A resident can break up his/her walk with an easy resting place. The cost schedule is less clear than some establishments. base costs are clear but not extra care costs. I did wonder if there is enough staff, but couldn't tell from the visit. The staff we met were friendly and knowledgeable.

Regine1 August 01, 2013

My stepmom has Alzheimer's and she is at Sterling House at Mansfield. The facility is fairly nice and plain. The lady who works with us to get her in there is very helpful. The room is pretty small, but is has a little living room, a sink, a small refrigerator and a microwave.

Barbara27 April 30, 2013

The rooms at Sterling House seemed fine and their staff seemed nice. The real problem was my mother was under the impression that the prices of these facilities were all bad. We have to deal with the financing and sell our property if we were to put her in there. But we've decided not to put mom in any facility right now.

csever10 May 19, 2012

Initially, when my grandmother moved into this facility it was ran very professionally and delivered superior care. After a few years, ownership and management changed several times. In the past few years the new resident's care needs exceeded the staff's abilities. Originally, residents were required to be able to walk to dinner on their own or with the help of one staff members. New residents, now routinely require additional staff help, which has spread the staff very thin. Select staff members were very helpful and dedicated, but the current staff did not meet the needs of the residents. This is not the staff's fault,as sterling house opened as an assisted living facility and not a nursing home. The newer management has contributed to moving away from what the facility was designed, causing unsatisfactory care for the residents.

From Brookdale Mansfield

Brookdale Mansfield provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Mansfield