Brookdale Manlius

Overview of Ratings

4.2

March 28, 2013

By Tina8

Wynwood of Manlius was a very nice, beautiful, clean, and cheerful facility. It had little apartment-type rooms. If my mother was able to be alone in a room, I definitely would've placed her there. I just couldn't bear to see her alone in a room where the door had to be shut. Everything about the food was first class. The staff was very warm, engaging and reassuring. They definitely knew their residents very well.

December 12, 2012

By MARW

I WOULD RATE THEM OK, BUT NOT GREAT. ALOT OF OVERTURN OF HELP. CLEANING, FOOD, ACTIVITIES NEED IMPROVEMENT.

One year later I am proud to say our associate retention has improved. Our new licensing offers us a larger pool of qualified candidates to chose from, allowing a better long term fit to Wynwood. We are also utilizing new Brookdale cycle menus, which the residents appear to enjoy quite a bit. In addition, our Dining Services Manager holds monthly Food Chat Meetings with any interested residents. They make suggestions for the menus and offer recommendations to improve customer service. Our monthly Resident Council meeting is also a venue for sharing comments and ideas for improvements. Likewise, we hold monthly Resident Programming Meetings – several Resident driven programs have been added to our monthly calendar of events. Unfortunately September 15, 2012 through December 15, 2012 our Life Enrichment Coordinator was enjoying 12 weeks maternity leave. Although the activities were occurring, the enthusiasm she usually provided was missed by all. We also hired a new Resident Program Assistant, who compliments and expands our activities programming. Month after month at Resident Council there has been no concerns regarding housekeeping or cleanliness of our community. Our resident satisfaction with our two long term housekeepers remains high.

Marchia J. Manca, Executive Director, Wynwood Manlius

October 24, 2012

By James13

I was quite impressed with Wynwood. One of my neighbors lived there and I was impressed with the way they care for their residents. In fact when I was there visiting my neighbor, staff were dropping in and asking if we need anything or do we need any help or asked for dinner plans. She had 2 apartments with an open space in between. She and her husband moved there and when her husband died, she kept the 2 apartments. It was really big. I like the little corner in the sitting area along the corridors. I think it was very pleasant in the outside grounds. She had a calendar of the activities going on yet she wasn't participating in many of them. When she got very sick and died there, they were still very attentive till the end. The facility is well matained and very attractive. There are numerous acctivities during the day to both stimulate and entertain their clients. I would highly recommend this facility mainly for the consideration that is given to each and every client.

June 19, 2012

By Dawn2

May 10, 2012

By kmiller1

This is an excellent facility staffed with compassionate and caring employees. The facility is well matained and very attractive. There are numerous acctivities during the day to both stimulate and entertain their clients. I would highly recommend this facility mainly for the consideration that is given to each and every client.

Features of Brookdale Manlius

About Brookdale Manlius

Brookdale Manlius provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Manlius