Brookdale Mankato

100 Teton Lane, Mankato, MN, 56001

Reviews of Brookdale Mankato

Linda90730850 August 28, 2014

I had a tour at Sterling House of Mankato. It was very pleasant. I believed because it was a small facility, it had more of a home type feeling. You just had a good feeling the minute you walked in the door. The building looked very nice and the upkeep looked very good. The staff and the residents that were there were nice. The gal, I believed her name was Jerry, she was so nice and so kind. She made me feel welcome and did her best to show me everything I would have been interested in. She even called like a week later just to see how things were doing. However, they didn't have an opening.

Sherri7 March 27, 2014

Sterling House Mankato was very nice. That would have been my choice. They're very polite, congenial, and even tried to give me suggestions on how I might try getting some help through the VA. The lady who gave me the tour, the administrator, she wasn't particularly warm. She just came in the latter part. She was very sober. She just laid the numbers out in front of me, everything they charge extra for. By the time they got to tell all the extras, it was just right under $5,000 a month.

It's homey. Their visitation room or their living room is kind of small. If you want to just talk in privacy, you'd better stay in the patient's room. They did show me the room that was available, and to me it was very small. I guess some of the rooms are bigger. The activity director was a lovely person, and everybody acted very professional.

I love their eating arrangement. If you're not comfortable sitting at a table with other people, you can just go up and sit at the counter. The cook is right on the other side. You have choices. You're not just saddled with eating only one thing. I found the environment lovely. I wouldn't mind being there at all myself. It was a small facility. That's very appealing.

Caring75947650 February 28, 2014

Sterling House of Mankato was really clean and the people were very friendly. The staff seemed to really care about the people. The rooms were very clean, nice and fairly large. However, the place itself was not what I was looking for. I wanted an apartment and they just have rooms.

From Brookdale Mankato

Brookdale Mankato provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Small Home Like Environment with healthy home cooked meals and a variety of activites 7 days per week. Healthcare services come to us, including physician and nurse practioner visits, therapies, lab technicians, skilled nursing, hospice, and x-ray.

Features of Brookdale Mankato