Brookdale Mandeville

1414 N. Causeway Blvd, Mandeville, LA, 70471

Reviews of Brookdale Mandeville

October 29, 2015

By Carol115298850

Brookdale is a very nice, clean, very well-decorated, and pleasing to the eyes facility. My friend has short-term memory loss, and they have to have her where she is watched and cannot leave. She has a room, which is very nice. It is rather large. They get them up, get them dressed, and bring them into a community room where they gather and watch TV. I have another friend there whose father-in-law goes there after surgery, and they are very pleased.

September 08, 2015

I visited Brookdale Mandeville for my parents. The lady I met with was wonderful. She answered all my questions. She gave me basically all the information I needed to know. The facility itself was really nice. It was very homey feeling. It didn't feel like a nursing home even though they can offer that care. It was very clean and really big. They have a library and a computer room and all those different stuff for the residents to use. Overall, I really like it. The rooms were really nice. There was room for a fridge and a microwave, there was a nice big handicap-accessible bathroom, and there was nice furniture. The dining facility was nice and big, and it felt like a restaurant. It was really nice. They have different menus and different diets available. They have lots of activities too. They have a monthly calendar that showed the activity that they did. They also provide transportation to and from doctor's appointments and to the stores, so there were lots of opportunities to get out and do stuff. The thing that impressed me most was that all of the people who work there seemed to know everybody, and that’s really important that they have a personal relationship with them and they genuinely care about them. The lady who was giving me the tour knew every single resident that she passed by and knew their stories. One of them needed help getting back to his room, and she knew right away that he needed his wheelchair; that impressed me because personal relationship is the most important thing to me.

September 07, 2015

The staff is incredibly professional. All of the people who care for her are all so nice, and I have been pleasantly surprised with the whole experience. The rooms are really nice. They are upgrading some while some they have not upgraded yet, but they are really nice. It reminds me of a hotel room. The dining experience has been wonderful. It is set up like a restaurant, they get a menu everyday, they choose from different choices, and servers serve. They have got all kinds of things; they take outings to the lakeside, and they also go to the different stores. They go to Walmart, Target, or the Dollar General, and they put whoever wants to go on a bus. They also, once a month, go out to a nice restaurant around town. I don't have any other thing to compare it to, so for me and my mother-in-law, Brookdale Mandeville has been a five.

June 11, 2015

By Patricia93324650

We chose Emeritus Mandeville (Brookdale Mandeville) for my father-in-law, but he passed away before he could move in. It was a nice, clean place. The staff was very caring and involved with their patients or clients. They seemed to know all the patients. They conversed with them about things. It was inviting, and the staff was very knowledgeable and ready to answer any question that we had.

May 13, 2015

Brookdale Mandeville was recommended by the social worker at the nursing home where my father was doing rehabilitation after a stroke. We went and visited there, it’s lovely, and they served us lunch. We have to meet with some of the other residents, and they were very happy there. We then made arrangements for my father to move there, and it has been a wonderful experience. The staff was pleasant, helpful, and available. They have activities all throughout the day; they have exercise classes, bingo, live concerts, cooking demonstrations, birthday parties, arts and crafts, and gardening. The room is lovely and very nice.

May 12, 2015

By Durel

Brookdale Mandeville (Emeritus at Mandeville) is an excellent place. The prices are a little bit less. The service is comparable, and the food looks good.

April 13, 2015

By Fawn Bowen

We moved my Mom in to the Alzheimer's unit just last week so my review is based on the process of moving and acclimating her to the facility. Our loved ones behavior is very difficult to manage at this stage and the staff encourages us everyday with the positive progress she is making. We love her room and how they gave us 100% control over decor. The staff at all levels are caring, informative and make us feel they truly care about how this transition affects the whole family. Mom is still adjusting and definitely giving them a run for their money but they are doing all they can to engage her and protect her dignity. We are so pleased with the facility and management that my father is looking at moving to the front part - assisted living of the facility. I never thought he'd want to leave his home! After experiencing the worst care possible at another facility and a move after just a few weeks, I was leery but we could not be more pleased!

June 16, 2014

By Terri John

My father was in this facility in memory care. The caregivers were very kind to him and did the best they could under the conditions they had. My father's room was not cleaned well, sheets were not washed and replaced regularly, and other areas of the unit were smelly and unclean. Serious incidents were not reported and communication was often a problem - I was not informed about what was happening with my father. I would not recommend. Period.

February 28, 2014

By Bob79524550

We had a friend that had a parent at Emeritus at Mandeville and they recommended the facility to us so we had mom in there. The facility is very pretty and the rooms were fine. It's a nice size room and they provide the furniture for us because we were just there for a short time. Mom had a fall and she broke her ankle in the bathroom so she needed to go to the hospital. I didn’t feel like they are able to provide the care that mom needs so I would rate them low. They would probably be fine for a senior who just needs basic care. Their food is fine and I think mom enjoys it.

October 11, 2013

By concerned family member 1

My mother was at Emeritus for over a year, The care she received was terrible. Complaints were made on numerous occasions without resolve. The management is not considerate to the needs of the patients only the bottom dollar. When our room flooded with rain water and we had to move her no consideration was given by management. Try and call corporate with complaint and see if you get a phone call back, you won't.

August 10, 2013

By Keith5

It is like being in a cruise ship without leaving the dock that's how nice Emeritus at Mandeville is. I am very happy that my mom is there. The staff is great. They take good care of her. They have daily activities and the food is good. I am very confident and comfortable that my mom is there.

November 07, 2012

By Benjamin Smith

Everything was clean and orderly, all of the employees seemed to be busy and the residents seemed to be happy, or at least content. I visited with several of the residents and i must say that they all gave wonderful reviews of what it was like to live there. The spoke of how well they were treated, like they were friends with their caretakers. Upon speaking with the caretakers, and I only spoke with two or three, I thought to myself that I would recommend Emeritus to my aunt, who is not happy where she is at. The place seemed to have a sense of elegance about it, like i was visiting a grand hotel where everyone was happy to see me. It kind of made me wish that I could live there myself. There was no feeling of discomfort there whatsoever. It just seems like a good place to be. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who was in need of such a facility.

May 30, 2012

By Robin7

We chose Emeritus of Mandeville because the place is beautiful. It's very clean like a hotel. They also have memory care unit for my mother. She has a very spacious room and private one. One thing that needs to improve is their laundry, they should be very careful with the delicate ones. But she's doing really great and they treat her very well. From the time she moved in to Emeritus she actually gained weight and she must really like the food. I will surely recommend Emeritus to others.

July 31, 2011

By gmasnewhome

Facility was clean, organized, and the staff was friendly. Menu items are versatile and nutritious, as well and varied. The rooms appeared comfortable and of an adequate size, and the furnishings appeared in new condition. The location is easily accessible from many southern parts of the state by the Causeway Bridge, and visits and visitors are encouraged. I had a pleasant experience overall with this facility, and I would recommend it to anyone that needed to find a safe and reliable place to live.

Photos of Brookdale Mandeville

Services & Amenities of Brookdale Mandeville

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Features Extra: Library

• Minimum Age: None

About Brookdale Mandeville

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Mandeville