Brookdale Stafford

1275 Route 72 West, Manahawkin, NJ, 08050

Reviews of Brookdale Stafford

Frank C. August 28, 2013

We love Emeritus. I like best the rooms, the privacy, the clubhouse, etc. I like everything in Emeritus. I also like the staff and the residents there. I have seen some other facilities in the past and this one of the better ones.

Caring from New Jersey August 27, 2013

We visited Emeritus for my parents. It is a beautiful facility. The staff is very nice, very friendly, and helpful. So far I didn't see anything that they need to improve on. It is an assisted living facility, but my parents' needs are too advanced to be put in there.

Celine 1 October 22, 2012

Emeritus is attractive. He has a private bath and he has one room that holds a single bed, a small half-sized refrigerator and a microwave. He doesn't really need care. He's a residential person and there are nurses on there. They do an assessment periodically and they weigh him every month, and stuff like that. They have games, they go out on a bus and go out for lunch periodically, go to stores. They do a really nice job, but it's ridiculously expensive. I would say charge a fairer price for somebody with a very small space and no daily services.

Kay4 July 30, 2012

We chose the facility for my sister for memory care. The staff was very caring and patient. They are focused on each resident's care. They keep their residents active and busy. The place have a safe environment for people who are in memory care. Emeritus is a very nice place

Caregiver65599 February 29, 2012

This is a beautiful facility. It looked like old country house. My 93 year old Aunt really likes it here. She loves Ashley and Kim is very nice.

But, It has been a horrific experience. She had moved a few times before. We came here because my husband and I work full time.

My Aunt is in pretty good health but we felt it would be safer for her in a fully staff assisted living facility.

My aunt was previously a night nurse. She is used to being up at night.

Her first full night there, She wandered around the facility confused a bit. And she got lost. Now wonder, All of the doors are green!

I asked, Why wouldn't you think to put something on her door to remind her which 'green door' is hers?!

Barbara the night nurse was the nastiest thing! She offered no resources, creative ideas, solutions.

She gave no options. Said only that they could not keep her. I was given an option to either pick her up or stay their full time.

My Aunt cried saying, "Why can't I stay? I'll be good.."

I was on the phone with practically everyone and their brother at that facility until 10pm...I work full time!

Ultimately, 36 hours after moving her in I had to take my aunt to my home with me where I have a sunken living room and stairs. An environment where she could potentially fall and break a hip!

It has been a series of issues with this property. My Aunt has fallen in the kitchen.. and even been SLAPPED by another resident.

All of which require visits to the ER and cost us more money.

The only thing that has kept me from not moving her out is that she is adjusting well and does not want to face the pain of moving again.

Thankfully there is a new director. But, I still would not comfortably recommend this facility to family or friends

martha2 November 28, 2011

My mother was staying there for a few months She had a very nice small apartment with a priv.ate bath and lots of companionship was satisfied with the meals and they made sure she got her medicine on time. the hospital was across the street when . We chose thisplace over many others we interviewed.

From Brookdale Stafford

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Stafford