Indigo Palms at Maitland

740 N. Wymore Rd, Maitland, FL, 32751

Reviews of Indigo Palms at Maitland

July 28, 2016

By E.Q.

I liked Indigo Palms. I had a nice tour, and the person who greeted me was helpful and informative. The rooms were good. It would be a place that I would consider. The activities were acceptable to me. I liked the place.

July 27, 2016

By David145732

I visited Indigo Palms. The people were very nice. It was small and kind of broken up. My mom’s mobility is a huge issue there. At Indigo, they had elevators but it was spread out. It was an older place, so it had different buildings, and that’s the big negative. Also, they had assigned seating, and my mom likes to be social and move around. They said that they could do that, but she has to request that. The staff was excellent. Each hallway had their own dining room, and they’re very, very small, so you only mix with the people in there.

October 06, 2015

By Wendy W

My grandmother lived at Indigo Palms for three years and loved it, as did we. The staff were attentive and genuinely caring, the food was delicious, various activities and music programs (which she loved), and the managers truly care.

August 28, 2015

By #pleased

My Mother has been at Indigo Palms ALF since 2011 and recently has moved next door to the Memory Care building. I am pleased with the affordability and level of care as compared to my Mother in Law, now at a larger chain ALF. I have come to personally know the director's family, front office and nursing staff and their families who have kindly sustained us through several medical and personal issues. Although not perfect, these angels keep my Mother clean, offer interesting activities, respond to maitenance requests, are Doctors, hair stylists and seem to coordinate well with Hospice. The personal touch is the HUGE plus to a smaller family-feel facility.

August 25, 2015

By Scarlott

My father was at this facility for over 2 1/2 years in the Memory Support Building. The staff was always very kind to my father and myself. I was able to decorate his room for his personality and to help him hopefully remember people, places, etc. The staff communicated very well with me regarding my father. They kept my father clean at all times and always made sure he ate (which he never had a problem in doing). His room was neat and clean. If I requested anything special, the staff accommodated my requests. Hospice (Vitas) was with my father for over a year and all members of Indigo and Vitas communicated very well with each other for the well being of my father. Even though my father has passed away, I still keep in touch with some of the staff members that took care of my Dad....we were family and continue to be a family. Much love, support, understanding, and kindness was always given to my father. Thank you.

August 25, 2015

By mcnearnyb

For approximately five years, my parents have resided at Indigo Palms at Maitland. My sister and I looked at several ALFs before deciding on Indigo. Five years ago, it was a fairly nice ALF. Mangement was wonderful, wasn't a large turnover in employees, food was pretty good, and they allowed us to decorate our parents' room to their liking. My parents have the larger room. However, of late, there has been turnover after turnover in staffing and new management. The quality of the food is sub-par, at best, on a good day. Management let the original chef go. Now Indigo has a new "cook." Indigo moved the nursing station, which used to be upstairs, in the ALF wing over the the Memory Care Unit, consequently, it is difficult to get a nurse to come by the room when needed. To be fair, there are a few staff members and nurses that are wonderful. And I do say a "FEW." If I or my parents could afford another ALF, we would move them in a heartbeat. It might look nice at first blush, but it's like judging a book by its cover.

May 05, 2015

I contacted several different places, and they suggested Indigo Palms. We almost had my ex-husband in there twice, but at the last minute the nursing staff said no because he could not transfer on his own. They could not accept him I guess because of Florida State rules. He can't go into assisted living unless he can transfer or stand to bear his weight, and he couldn't do those things. The sales person was very helpful and very sympathetic with the whole thing. She said they would take him in a heartbeat, but the nursing staff did not accept him. They had just bare rooms, and it looked like they could do some redecorating because it had very 80's decorations. They had a dining room on each level and on each wing. They are more affordable than some of the other places, but they need to spruce the place up a little bit.

March 16, 2015

By Diane103592350

It was easy to get her into Indigo Palms, and they do have a nice variety of activities. The food seems to be good. I have seen several of the rooms, and they are nice and appeared to be well-maintained. We got the opportunity to talk with the residents, and they were very glad that they were there.

June 26, 2014

My dad is at Indigo Palms. It is a little bit of home. It is very friendly and comfortable. There is a nursing facility next door to this facility. My dad has a private room. We chose them because they allowed us to decorate and do anything we wanted to with regards to his room. His room is one of the larger ones we looked at. The staff is fine. There is turnover, which we understand. However, they're not highly trained by any means. They need to bring in more experienced help. Their chef is phenomenal, though. The dining area is fine. They actually sat my dad with other men and made a point of pairing up people who have similar interests.

March 27, 2014

By Elizabeth33

I also visited Indigo Palms, and the people there were very nice. The facility is very clean, but it wasn’t as elegant as the other facilities. The sales manager went out of her way. They were so wonderful.

August 05, 2013

By happytobe123

My experience with this community has been nothing but wonderful! Not only was I shocked at the fact that the Administrator gave out his personal phone number but the Dept. heads did as well..... you really feel like your part of a family here! They even have family nights where you can meet other family members, I've become very close to a daughter of another resident and she feels the same way. The staff are truly angels in my eyes, the activity girls even got Mom to play cards again. If your searching for a place stop your search and bring your loved one here. I cannot thank them enough for everything they do.

Photos of Indigo Palms at Maitland

• Features Extra: Ice Cream Parlor, Pub

• Activities Extra: Women's Group, Men's Group

• Licenses: Limited Nursing Services

About Indigo Palms at Maitland

Indigo Palms at Maitland is an Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Support community located in beautiful Maitland. Delicious meals, a variety of health and wellness programs, a women's group and a men's group, there is truly something for everyone all rolled up into one, all-inclusive rate. Stop in today or call and schedule a visit. You'll be glad you did!

Three care levels (independent, assisted, and Alzheimer's/dementia) on one property, longevity and caring staff, purposeful activities and wellness programs, and amazing food.

Map of Indigo Palms at Maitland