The Hearth at Tuxis Pond

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of The Hearth at Tuxis Pond

June 21, 2012

By Adam1

My grandmother belongs to the hearth after the hard decision to move her out of her home. She suffers from Alzheimer's and her memory is rapidly degrading. When we were looking for places that she would like, we came across "The Hearth" in Madison, CT. It's a nice facility that has some outstanding nurses and nice people that facilitate most of the needs of the people that live there. The food is pretty good (I've been there and stayed for dinner a few times), and the living spaces are pretty large compared to other places I've seen. Some of the people there are affected much more by the dementia than my grandmother as she is still very physically active and likes to talk to people. She had trouble adjusting to The Hearth at first, but after a few months they made her feel right at home and she actually prefers to be there. Our only complaint is that my grandma is quite stubborn and refuses to take showers, and the nurses and aids at The Hearth don't really make her take them. Part of their job is to make sure that the people living there are hygienic. In turn, my mother has to go down to Madison and convince my grandmother to take a shower (which is a difficult task.)

December 20, 2011

By Private Care Manager

Along with its sister facility in Branford, this is the best assisted living facility along the shoreline. Hands down. Everything is well-run and professional. The residents are treated as unique individuals and are cared for and monitored accordingly. I highly recommend this facility.

Photos of The Hearth at Tuxis Pond

Services & Amenities of The Hearth at Tuxis Pond

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental, Refundable Security Deposit

• Housing Extra: One Bedroom With Den

• Coffee Shop
  • Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Tai Chi

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 8

• Licenses: DPH Assisted Living Services Agency,

About The Hearth at Tuxis Pond

At The Hearth at Tuxis Pond, we believe that you should live life to the fullest. We have designed residences to meet the physical and emotional needs of our residents, all set on the scenic shoreline of our Madison, CT community. We believe that The Hearth at Tuxis Pond is the not only the best option for independent living, assisted living and memory care in the Madison, CT area, it's also the friendliest and most engaging community. We laugh. We learn. Members and staff mingle as friends. We focus on the details that are truly the most important: our health, our minds, our spirit and purpose, friends and family.

Our senior living community is designed to offer you a maintenance-free lifestyle so you can pursue your interests. If you require a helping hand, it's there, almost before you knew you needed it. If a little more assistance is needed, an easy transition to Assisted Living is possible, without ever needing to change apartments.

Through our warm and welcoming, purposefully designed environment, as well as a full range of services, amenities and activities, residents have countless opportunities to pursue their passions, find purpose and fulfillment, and feel proud to call The Hearth

Map of The Hearth at Tuxis Pond