Summit Point

9633 Valley View Road, Macedonia, OH, 44056

Reviews of Summit Point

debramoore December 17, 2015

I review many area independent and assistant living facilities and by far Summit Point was an easy decision. My mother has been at Summit Point for over a year and I can not say enough great things about the managing and the extremely great caring staff that are always so helpful. The have many organized get togethers for the residents throughout the week to keep everyone busy as well as the residents helping each other out when in need. The living suites are updated and extremely clean.. The grand foyer is always decorated for all special accasions for the residents to enjoy. The Dining room is beautiful and their dining staff are very helpful to each resident for each of their needs as well as sweet and courteous to their residents and visiting guests. HIGHLEY RECOMMEND!!!

George B. September 21, 2015

The staff was outstanding. Janet, Tina, Lynn, and Yvonne were awesome! I recommend them.

1411 September 01, 2015

My mother has lived here for several years, and she is very pleased with the accommodations. The layout of the apartment is easy for my arthritic mother to navigate. The staff is friendly and helpful. The food is very good. She uses the services of the Hair & Nail Salon, and likes how she is taken care of. She is content, happy and feels safe.

mikea August 05, 2015

My mother-in-law has lived here for several years. We chose the facility because it was beautifully appointed and has many activities & amenities. The food is good & it is beautiful. However, we are less than pleased with the services of the staff: particularly these 3: the cleaning (very superficial), the resident assistants have a poor work ethic-doing the lowest common denominator level, and the mgt has a poor attitude; they do not want to hear suggestions or complaints. There is constant turn-over so training is never optimized. Although not life-threatening, many of the issues relating to Mom's care which are neglected have caused problems for us as a family. Requests are repeatedly ignored--there are always excuses & condescending remarks. It requires constant monitoring on our part to just have them do what they are being paid to do. The rates are high and continually escalating. Sadly, we hear from others with whom we discuss this issue that many AL places are experiencing similar problems, so moving may not be an option. Let the buyer beware.

Anonymous79277450 June 28, 2015

Summit Point has very friendly staff. The residents seem to enjoy the food. The apartments are very nice and well appointed. The majority of the staff are very willing to help. They have answered all the questions I have asked. They have a lot of musical events that my mother likes. They also have exercises classes which, according to her, are not enough.

Cathy86728850 July 31, 2014

Summit Point Living is beautiful. It is only about four or five years-old, so it is top-notch. It is state-of-the art. If they were a hotel, it would be a five-star -- very well appointed and up-to-date. The staff are great. They are very friendly and they seemed very well-trained. They may have a little bit of a turnover in their unskilled employees, but in their skilled nursing home, the same people had been there ever since my father was been there -- 3 ½ years -- and I look at that as a good thing. The food is exceptional. You order and then the waitress brings it to you. If you don't like what they have, they'll bring you something else. They have set times for breakfast, lunch, and supper, but they are very broad hours that span 2 ½ or 3 hours. I am sure that if you were out for a doctor appointment and you came home after lunch, they would make you something to eat. I am positive of that because the staff is always there. They have exercise programs, church services, crafts and music, and they have several libraries around the facility. He likes it there very much. He is on a first name basis with everyone. He is a very friendly guy, but he tends to be a little shy. Now that he has gotten to know everyone and they know him, it is a wonderful environment. It is a little pricier than some, but it is a very nice place. It doesn't have that old people feel.

Eve2 January 31, 2014

My friend stayed in Summit Point and it was beautiful. Everybody was very nice. The staff was helpful and friendly. The rooms were nice, spacious and clean. His room was big enough with a nice window and he had a private shower. They had a nice cafeteria. The food was good. They took them on bus trips. They could play bingo and they also had a workout room. He was satisfied and I would recommend them to others.

Marcellene June 12, 2013

We chose Summit Point Living because of the activities, the cleanliness of the place, and the size of the apartments. It's also close to her church. The staff are wonderful. My mom is staying in a one-bedroom apartment with a living room, a dining room and a kitchen. It also has a very nice large bathroom.

George Schmedley May 06, 2013

Our family feels this place has many nice physical features for our parents, overall. We do have serious concerns with the continual fee increases, hidden fees--once they're settled in, you hate to move them & we feel taken advantage of, that the fees were misrepresented. Some of the help is stellar, others leave much to be desired--they management doesn't seem to take criticism. well. Sadly it may be that way at other places as well--you really must be vigilant to visit often & unexpectedly to watch what's going on, if your loved one cannot.

Gwynne October 24, 2012

Summit Point is very high-end. It has a country club feel to it and it's very, very nice. Best fine dining, and just beautiful apartment. Mom is doing awesome.

Nancy 2 September 08, 2012

My friend's been in Summit Point for three years now. Her complaints were they made her wait a lot of time for things that she needed. She's paralyzed from the waist down. She's had MS for 35 years, so she's at their mercy basically. They're unfriendly, and if she complains about something nobody would respond to her call. When she talk to the staff, it seems to get worse.

From Summit Point

Reach a pinnacle in life at Summit Point, where thoughtfully designed floor plans and myriad recreational and social opportunities keep our residents happy and active. The Macedonia, Ohio, Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care community provides a relaxed atmosphere of warmth and caring that promotes companionship among residents and staff. Our convenient location between Cleveland and Akron affords residents a plethora of shopping, dining, entertainment and medical options all within reach. With one- and two-bedroom floor plans boasting walk-in closets and spacious bathrooms for comfort, our community also puts a high priority on safety with personal security systems and emergency call buttons in every apartment. Special nutritional counseling and medication reminders are among some of the many support services we provide depending on the level of care needed. We also feature a full calendar of activities and social programs, along with onsite church services, to offer residents a rewarding and enriching lifestyle.

Features of Summit Point