Sunrise of Lynnfield

55 Salem Street, Lynnfield, MA, 01940

Reviews of Sunrise of Lynnfield

Anonymous112433750 August 31, 2015

My second choice was Sunrise of Lynnfield. The intake officer, Christy, was also very nice and very positive, a very kind person to put my worries at ease, which is a really nice feeling when you walk in somewhere. The building itself was beautiful, the gardens were lovely and maintained, and the inside of the building looked like home; it doesn't look like an institution. The third floor or the secured floor for the dementia patients was really nicely laid out. I did not meet the caring staff, but I saw some aides with the patients, and it looked nice. Everyone was smiling, the patients were all dressed nicely, and they looked well-cared for and busy. The rooms were clean and lovely -- just the way it is at home. From what I have seen and what I have been told, it was great. They probably have the right people working there who actually care for the patients. They actually have a house cat and a house dog. This cat and this dog are allowed to travel up and down the floor from assisted living to the dementia unit and interact with the residents, and I find that very homely.

Pamela23 October 27, 2014

Sunrise of Lynnfield was a lot more private. It was more like a townhouse feel; it was very small, the rooms were smaller. It will almost give you the feeling like you were on top of each other because it was so small; you couldn’t really spread out, so that’s why she didn’t like it there. The staff did basically the same thing with the application, we are asking all the medical information, their daily routines, what they like, what they don’t like, how much privacy they like, how much help they need, and it was still a great staff. It was almost in the industrial commercial area and that was the other thing that my mother really didn’t like. They weren’t as many choices for the activities, but they seem to take good care of them. It still had a post office and hairdresser but I was afraid she gets bored there as there wasn’t enough to do.

Paula23 April 26, 2014

My mother is safe and well taken care of at Sunrise of Lynnfield. It's clean. They have nice meals every day, and they’re just very engaged with everybody. I’ve seen and heard of other places; I check out a lot. The people there were really good. They’re just very professional and very caring people. They really care about their residents. I’m happy that she’s there. I’m not happy about the situation of course, but I think she’s in the best place I could’ve had her go to. I was just so in love with it as soon as I saw it.

Debra20 December 23, 2013

I already found a place for my dad. I've already signed an agreement and we're all set. It is called Sunrise of Lynnfield. This was our choice because of its proximity. It is close and it is a very nice place. They have very beautiful accommodations. They also offer a shuttle for their residents.

Maralyn October 09, 2013

I thought Sunrise of Lynnfield was lovely. We went there unannounced and so we did not get to go beyond the second floor. We did not get to see the memory care unit which was more appropriate for my mom, since the first two floors were too busy for her. I told my husband that we could move in there if we didn't want to live in a house anymore. It was very busy and the residents seemed to have their own guests. It seemed like a nice hotel to stay for the rest of our lives as long as we were active. The activity level were more inclined to people my age around 70 years old on the first two floors.

Marjorie6 September 25, 2013

Sunrise of Lynnfield seemed a nice place. The people in charge were quite friendly. We looked at a couple of the rooms and we talked about prices. We looked at their activity schedule. The staff were very nice and knowledge, very informative. I would recommend the people to look at the place if they are interested.

nursemass April 13, 2012

Sunrise of Lynnfield is a large assisted living facility located in Lynnfield, MA. I visit the assisted living facility regularly to perform nursing care for several residents. I'm not employed by Sunrise assisted living. The facility is located in a quiet and safe neighborhood. The facility is well maintained with clean surroundings and well manicured gardens. The building is well secured. Visitors are required to sign in and out. Resident's private rooms are clean and spacious. Meals are served three times daily and snacks are also available. During my visits, staff members are always friendly and helpful. They assist residents with medication reminders, personal care, meals laundry and participation in recreation activities. 24 hr nursing care is also available. So far, my patients seem to like the services offered by Sunrise of Lynnfield. Sunrise of Lynnfield is located 5 minutes from Union Hospital.

evondahl September 30, 2011

I am a 22-year-old female and my grandmother was a resident of this facility for about 3 years while dealing with health problems and afflictions related to her diabetes and general poor health. She was wary at first of living away from the family but we realized we no longer had the space or capability to help her live her life to the fullest, so we shopped around and chose Sunrise. She was very happy with the service and care she was provided, and although she's not generally a very social person, she did find that she had a sense of community and friendship, not just the feeling of being a patient, like in a hospital, or treated like an invalid. Sunrise helped get my grandmother back on her feet and helped her feel slightly more independent. She did sometimes feel like she was being sentenced to a lifetime of assisted care, like she wasn't expected to ever recover or be able to have full recovery of her faculties again, which is the only reason that I probably would not give Sunrise a perfect review.

From Sunrise of Lynnfield

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Location of Sunrise of Lynnfield