Heritage Green Assisted Living and Memory Care

200-201 Lillian Lane, Lynchburg, VA, 24502

Reviews of Heritage Green Assisted Living and Memory Care

Linda R.1 January 13, 2016

We visited Heritage Green for my mother-in-law. It was OK, but the room was too small for what they charged. The services seemed to be the same as other places but a little bit higher priced.

Thank you for visiting Heritage Green. As you know, there are many factors that go into the rates of any Assisted Living community. At Heritage Green, residents are encouraged to be part of the community ~ participating in activities and enjoying the newly remodeled common areas. Our staff, many of which have been on our team for 5+ years, become second family. Most importantly, the quality of the care and services that we provided is unmatched in the Lynchburg area. It is difficult to see things like that during a visit, but if you haven’t made a final decision yet for your Mother-in-Law, I encourage you to return and talk with some of our residents and their families. They are our biggest fans and will help you to understand the value that Heritage Green offers.

Caring113230050 September 30, 2015

Heritage Green is wonderful and they had been very helpful. The place is nice and everything is great. My mother has been there about two-and-a-half weeks now and she is just not happy. But it’s not the Heritage Green. They are wonderful and I have not one bad thing to say about it. But she is just not adjusting well. I thought she would like the activities and be around people. She hasn’t been outside since she has been there.

They have a lovely porch. They have trips to a restaurant at lunch time and I can see where she wouldn’t want to go. They’ll sometimes take them to dollar stores just to get out.

The place itself is very nice and clean. The dining room had a linen table cloth. The staff is very friendly and competent. Anytime I call they would call me back. They had been great. The rooms were adequate, neat, clean and nice.

Anonymous110353950 July 04, 2015

I think Heritage Green Assisted Living and Memory Care provided the higher quality of care for assisted living. One of the main drawbacks to me was that they only had rooms with bathrooms. It was not apartment living. The staff was very courteous, professional, and caring. They treated the residents like family. The rooms were spacious. They had a high quality memory unit.

Caring103950850 June 26, 2015

The staff in Heritage Green was really nice during my visit there. They told me everything I needed to know. They had good communication with the residents, and they were very friendly too. Some of the rooms we saw were smaller than the others. Some rooms were shared with two people. However, the private rooms were really nice and spacious.

Linda105409350 April 25, 2015

I liked Heritage Green a lot. They were very friendly and seemed to be a very caring facility. The staff seemed to be totally interested in their clients. The apartments were wonderful. Other people may be looking for other things, but for my mother, I liked it, and it would be an appropriate place for her, if she would go.

Kay'sDaughter March 14, 2015

We had my 91 year old mother with vascular dementia in a facility nearby. It had not gone well for different reasons. We moved mother to Heritage Green DayBreak, November, 2014. The difference has been amazing. The care she is getting is superior, the staff is well trained and the activities stimulate her mind. I must also say the care I have received has helped me so much. The staff is always helpful and understanding. I have no worries about whether mother will be taken care of. She has recurring UTI and has recently started a new medication that is helping. I don't think she could be in a better place. Linda Edwards

CWEandMWE January 19, 2015

After observing a change in personality where my Mother was not participating, skipping meals, and not feeling well much of the time we felt a move was necessary to hopefully break the cycle. Moving to Heritage Green’s one-floor facility with a smaller community has proven to be beneficial as she is receiving more personalized attention. Staff members encourage participation and the medical team responds efficiently to questions and concerns. The overall cheerfulness and happy feel of the facility is welcoming to Mom and makes her feel proud of her home.

From Heritage Green Assisted Living and Memory Care

Heritage Green of Lynchburg has apartments for Assisted Living and Memory Care. It is conveniently located at 200-201 Lillian Lane, in Lynchburg, VA.

Heritage Green was officially opened in 1999 as a community for assisted living and memory care residents. Heritage Green also provides short-term respite care for recovering seniors or to provide family caregivers a break—whether to tend to other family matters or go on vacation.

We strive to create a culture of support and compassion, through interactions with residents, staff and families that are consistently positive and respectful. We will challenge and inspire the best people, recognizing their importance to our residents and families. Through these efforts, residents can enjoy a longer period of independence and a greater sense of usefulness and purpose.

We have two buildings on our campus, one building is for assisted living, the other is for memory care. Both buildings are all on one level, making it very easy for residents to navigate. We take pride in keeping our residents active and engaged and keeping a home-like atmosphere.

Features of Heritage Green Assisted Living and Memory Care

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,145/month

• Pets: No pets allowed
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Heritage Green Assisted Living and Memory Care