Heritage Green Assisted Living and Memory Care

200-201 Lillian Lane, Lynchburg, VA, 24502

Reviews of Heritage Green Assisted Living and Memory Care

SharonUNRZH May 21, 2016

Heritage Green was a nice, small place. It was too expensive for my parents. The rooms were nice, medium sized, and had a nice bathroom in there with a seat and handles built into the wall where they could sit and take a shower. I liked that the bathroom was accessible. The closet was huge, and you can get a chest drawer, or one or two beds in the bedroom. I didn't like the physical therapy room that much because it was kind of small. There should be more rooms for activities because I think they do everything in the dining area. They had a movie theater room with a big-screen TV. I was expecting it to be a little bigger considering the prices.

Anonymous Visitor13 February 27, 2016

Heritage Green is very clean, smells nice, and very modern looking; not like some old place. It has two different buildings; one is the memory building for people with Alzheimer’s, and then it has another building that is more assisted-living. I was impressed. They have a movie room where people can come in to sit down; so it’s probably got end-seats where you can watch movies on a big screen. In fact the one thing that I was so impressed about it was they want as many families to come by, and they said that you can visit 24-hours a day. So it’s not just open in the day time, and if you choose to come by at night. If that’s what your family wants or if they’re one that sleeps in the day, and stays awake at night; then you can do that. I thought it would be like a nursing home where people were in bed and there’s a sense of smell around the place, but it’s not. This is for assisted-living or it’s for people who can actually pretty much move around themselves. So you can’t be bedridden, and that’s the only downfall for us.

Thanks so much for visiting Heritage Green and giving us a 5-Star Rating! We are thrilled that you liked everything that you saw ~ from the environment to the activities. I wanted to clarify your comment about caring for residents who are ‘bedridden.’ While Heritage Green is definitely NOT a nursing home, we do care for residents who are on hospice and in some cases, may be bedridden. Because of our staff’s longevity and training, we are able to care for residents needing a high level of care.

Linda R.1 January 13, 2016

We visited Heritage Green for my mother-in-law. It was OK, but the room was too small for what they charged. The services seemed to be the same as other places but a little bit higher priced.

Thank you for visiting Heritage Green. As you know, there are many factors that go into the rates of any Assisted Living community. At Heritage Green, residents are encouraged to be part of the community ~ participating in activities and enjoying the newly remodeled common areas. Our staff, many of which have been on our team for 5+ years, become second family. Most importantly, the quality of the care and services that we provided is unmatched in the Lynchburg area. It is difficult to see things like that during a visit, but if you haven’t made a final decision yet for your Mother-in-Law, I encourage you to return and talk with some of our residents and their families. They are our biggest fans and will help you to understand the value that Heritage Green offers.

Caring113230050 September 30, 2015

Heritage Green is wonderful and they had been very helpful. The place is nice and everything is great. My mother has been there about two-and-a-half weeks now and she is just not happy. But it’s not the Heritage Green. They are wonderful and I have not one bad thing to say about it. But she is just not adjusting well. I thought she would like the activities and be around people. She hasn’t been outside since she has been there.

They have a lovely porch. They have trips to a restaurant at lunch time and I can see where she wouldn’t want to go. They’ll sometimes take them to dollar stores just to get out.

The place itself is very nice and clean. The dining room had a linen table cloth. The staff is very friendly and competent. Anytime I call they would call me back. They had been great. The rooms were adequate, neat, clean and nice.

Anonymous110353950 July 04, 2015

I think Heritage Green Assisted Living and Memory Care provided the higher quality of care for assisted living. One of the main drawbacks to me was that they only had rooms with bathrooms. It was not apartment living. The staff was very courteous, professional, and caring. They treated the residents like family. The rooms were spacious. They had a high quality memory unit.

Caring103950850 June 26, 2015

The staff in Heritage Green was really nice during my visit there. They told me everything I needed to know. They had good communication with the residents, and they were very friendly too. Some of the rooms we saw were smaller than the others. Some rooms were shared with two people. However, the private rooms were really nice and spacious.

Linda105409350 April 25, 2015

I liked Heritage Green a lot. They were very friendly and seemed to be a very caring facility. The staff seemed to be totally interested in their clients. The apartments were wonderful. Other people may be looking for other things, but for my mother, I liked it, and it would be an appropriate place for her, if she would go.

Kay'sDaughter March 14, 2015

We had my 91 year old mother with vascular dementia in a facility nearby. It had not gone well for different reasons. We moved mother to Heritage Green DayBreak, November, 2014. The difference has been amazing. The care she is getting is superior, the staff is well trained and the activities stimulate her mind. I must also say the care I have received has helped me so much. The staff is always helpful and understanding. I have no worries about whether mother will be taken care of. She has recurring UTI and has recently started a new medication that is helping. I don't think she could be in a better place. Linda Edwards

CWEandMWE January 19, 2015

After observing a change in personality where my Mother was not participating, skipping meals, and not feeling well much of the time we felt a move was necessary to hopefully break the cycle. Moving to Heritage Green’s one-floor facility with a smaller community has proven to be beneficial as she is receiving more personalized attention. Staff members encourage participation and the medical team responds efficiently to questions and concerns. The overall cheerfulness and happy feel of the facility is welcoming to Mom and makes her feel proud of her home.

From Heritage Green Assisted Living and Memory Care

Heritage Green of Lynchburg has apartments for Assisted Living and Memory Care. It is conveniently located at 200-201 Lillian Lane, in Lynchburg, VA.

Heritage Green was officially opened in 1999 as a community for assisted living and memory care residents. Heritage Green also provides short-term respite care for recovering seniors or to provide family caregivers a break—whether to tend to other family matters or go on vacation.

We strive to create a culture of support and compassion, through interactions with residents, staff and families that are consistently positive and respectful. We will challenge and inspire the best people, recognizing their importance to our residents and families. Through these efforts, residents can enjoy a longer period of independence and a greater sense of usefulness and purpose.

We have two buildings on our campus, one building is for assisted living, the other is for memory care. Both buildings are all on one level, making it very easy for residents to navigate. We take pride in keeping our residents active and engaged and keepi

Features of Heritage Green Assisted Living and Memory Care