Atria Tanglewood

125 Ocean Avenue, Lynbrook, NY, 11563

Reviews of Atria Tanglewood

January 25, 2015

I am currently at Atria Tanglewood as I was placed here by my children. The facility is very pleasant and very clean. Everybody does their job, and it's very nice. The staff is excellent.

December 07, 2012

By Kate9

Mom was very happy when she walked into Atria Tanglewood. The staff was phenomenal. They were very caring, very forthcoming, and very good to all the people who live there. It's a very nice, quiet, and clean place. The food is very good, too. My mother has her own living room, a little kitchenette, and a bathroom. She's very happy there.

May 29, 2011

By Zippo44

Friend or relative of resident

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this incredible assisted living facility, Atria Tanglewood located in Lynbrook. About five years ago my family and I decided that it was time to put our mother in an assisted facility since she was still active but getting on in years. Our father had passed away 2 years prior and she was living all alone in a big house. So we did a lot of research and went on many tours of different facilities. Finally we decided to apply to Atria Tanglewood because we were truly impressed with the overall facilities and the large clean apartments that they offer. Within two weeks we were informed that our mother would be able to move in as soon as she would like. We were all so elated, that the process took a very short time. I grew up in Lynbrook and still reside here so I was so happy to know that my mother would be a stone's throw away from me. She was very nervous at first because she did not know what to expect, this has been the first time in 50 years that she would not be living in her house that she and my father bought. The staff at Atria could not have been more wonderful and helpful they are available 24 hours a day and cannot do enough for her. They were very sensitive to my mom and made her feel so special and made her transition a flawless one. I have not seen my mother this happy in such a long time, there are so many activities and events for her to do plus she made so many new wonderful friends. I go there every couple of days and we sit in the cafe there and socialize for hours with her friends. I am so grateful for Atria of Tanglewood!

May 27, 2011

By Zippo4

Friend or relative of resident

Photos of Atria Tanglewood

Services & Amenities of Atria Tanglewood

About Atria Tanglewood

At Atria Tanglewood, you'll find an abundance of opportunities to stay active and enjoy life. Join the knitting group, which donates hats to cancer survivors at nearby South Nassau Hospital, stay abreast of current events with our News and Views club or relax with friends in the sunroom. Atria Tanglewood is adjacent to the Tanglewood Preserve and near shopping, restaurants, the beach and places of worship, so staying connected to the community you love is easy.

Atria Tanglewood provides the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Café
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance
  • Personal care services
  • Scheduled transportation

Have 3 religious services weekly. Built on 12 acre nature preserve. Companion suites have own bathroom.

Map of Atria Tanglewood