Atria Tanglewood

125 Ocean Avenue, Lynbrook, NY, 11563

Reviews of Atria Tanglewood

Zippo44 May 29, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this incredible assisted living facility, Atria Tanglewood located in Lynbrook.

About five years ago my family and I decided that it was time to put our mother in an assisted facility since she was still active but getting on in years. Our father had passed away 2 years prior and she was living all alone in a big house.

So we did a lot of research and went on many tours of different facilities. Finally we decided to apply to Atria Tanglewood because we were truly impressed with the overall facilities and the large clean apartments that they offer. Within two weeks we were informed that our mother would be able to move in as soon as she would like. We were all so elated, that the process took a very short time.

I grew up in Lynbrook and still reside here so I was so happy to know that my mother would be a stone's throw away from me.

She was very nervous at first because she did not know what to expect, this has been the first time in 50 years that she would not be living in her house that she and my father bought. The staff at Atria could not have been more wonderful and helpful they are available 24 hours a day and cannot do enough for her. They were very sensitive to my mom and made her feel so special and made her transition a flawless one.

I have not seen my mother this happy in such a long time, there are so many activities and events for her to do plus she made so many new wonderful friends. I go there every couple of days and we sit in the cafe there and socialize for hours with her friends. I am so grateful for Atria of Tanglewood!

Zippo4 May 27, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

From Atria Tanglewood

At Atria Tanglewood, you'll find an abundance of opportunities to stay active and enjoy life. Join the knitting group, which donates hats to cancer survivors at nearby South Nassau Hospital, stay abreast of current events with our News and Views club or relax with friends in the sunroom. Atria Tanglewood is adjacent to the Tanglewood Preserve and near shopping, restaurants, the beach and places of worship, so staying connected to the community you love is easy.

Atria Tanglewood provides the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime CafĂ©
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance
  • Personal care services
  • Scheduled transportation

Features of Atria Tanglewood

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Hiking trails
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Staff patient ratio: 1 to 4
  • Minimum age: 55

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Atria Tanglewood