Atria Lynbrook Assisted Living

Reviews of Atria Lynbrook | Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

3.9

October 06, 2014

The apartments in Atria were absolutely beautiful. They were immaculately clean. Some of them are on the small side, but not much more than what they need. The staff was very, very nice and accommodating. They gave us tours. They explained everything. They sat down and gave us some financial breakdown. The amenities that were there were wonderful. They had bingo. They had music therapy. They had day trips to the malls, parks, and the movies.

August 01, 2014

I thought the Atria Lynbrook was a nice place, but it is not. It is not the accouterments of the building itself; they are fine. They take anybody with any kind of malady. Most of them require personalized care, and that is not me, so I am in the wrong place. Food is horrible. The room is very, very adequate. Sanitation is fine. The staff is adequate. The residents are not very interesting, and most of them are boring. They take anybody who has a checkbook; they take money and they don't care. The admittance policy is seriously flawed. As a matter of fact, the executive director is so much of a ghost, you never see him.

We apologize and are concerned that you're feeling out of place at our Lynbrook community. Your comments will be shared with Rocco Bertini, our Executive Director. However, we encourage you to reach out to Rocco directly. He is very visible and active in the community and will ensure your concerns are addressed, whether it's a culinary issue or a social issue with other community residents. As an organization, we pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality service in safe and warm environment. We would like the opportunity to hear suggestions of how you feel we can improve your dining experience at our "Food for Thought" meetings which occur monthly. As always, you can email us directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com, including “Atria Lynbrook” in your subject line so we may quickly include the right people in the correspondence. We are here to help.

March 26, 2014

We've been to a number of facilities and one of them is Atria Lynbrook. The facility is very nice and I have been very satisfied with the tour. The staff are very pleasant, polite, very welcoming. They were very willing to help. I saw a studio room and it was alright. With their activities, I think they have a full schedule of things going on. They have movies, card games, and the residents are taken to places several times a week if they want to go. They also provide three meals a day.

March 26, 2014

By Joe31

Atria Lynbrook was a very good facility. The staff were very helpful and very compassionate. For that small amount of time and for a visit of two hours, I can say that they are very good. I think they offer activities for the residents. I would not mind living at this facility someday.

March 21, 2014

By Andrew12

My mom had more therapy in a nursing home, and then she was able to rehab herself to the ability where she could walk, especially to be able to care for herself in an assisted living. We were directed to Atria Lynbrook by some people in the nursing home and we toured it. It's absolutely fabulous. The food was very good, the accommodations are good and my mom seems very happy. She was living in her own home by herself. So here, there's a nice sense of community. There's socialization, activities, and all those things we feel will be life extending for my mother. But they could improve administratively and be a little more clearer about charges and the billing. We had some misunderstanding when the bill was due and how to pay.

October 15, 2013

Atria is very nice but beyond what I could afford. The building was lovely and the outside was as well. The area where you would eat was very nice. But the people I saw there seemed very old and not too lively. They were just sitting and didn't seem to be talking to each other which was a negative.

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you found our community to be pleasant, and I apologize that you did not get to see our residents during their active social activities. We have more than 200 events each month, including exercise classes at least five days per week, gatherings to discuss history and current events, concerts, Sunday socials, themed parties, and special outings. Our residents seem to enjoy all of the get-togethers, but we also respect their need for downtime when they would rather rest or have some time to themselves. We are happy to provide a monthly calendar any time, and I hope that you will visit us again soon and perhaps join us for one of our great events! If we can be of any assistance to you at any time, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

May 03, 2012

By respect4elderly

I honestly believe that Atria Senior Living provides excellent care for the elderly. The staff is very helpful and really seemed to care about the individual needs of each patient. We were seated outside for the majority of my visits and one of the staff members went out of her way to wheel my grandma outside. She even was considerate enough to make sure she got a spot in the shade, because she knows my grandma dislikes too much heat/sun. I did not sample the food, but I've only heard good things about the quality/variety that they offer. Overall the facility is very large and they have a nice garden. It is conveniently located near a pond/wildlife so there is no reason for the members to be cooped up inside all day, unless it is very cold. I really care about my grandma and I trust that she is being well taken care of in the Atria Senior Living in Lynbrook. The only downside is that I feel assisted living is expensive and I'm not sure how the average elderly person could afford it.

Photos of Atria Lynbrook

Features of Atria Lynbrook

• Coffee Shop
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

About Atria Lynbrook

Enjoy the ease of Long Island living plus the excitement of nearby New York City at Atria Lynbrook. Our common areas are perfect for entertaining family and friends, and you'll love having a physical therapy center right on site. Atria Lynbrook is close to several beaches as well as museums, theaters, wineries and fine dining at nearby Rockville Center.

Atria Lynbrook provides the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Café
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance
  • Scheduled transportation

Our community offers a uniquely circular design. This encourage residents in our community to participate in our numerous activities.

Map of Atria Lynbrook