Keystone Commons

460 West Street, Ludlow, MA, 01056

Reviews of Keystone Commons

July 30, 2014

By Carol8304

I thought Keystone Commons was dark. It was right on a main street; there was nothing anywhere. You can't walk to a store or to a park or anything. If you want to walk someplace just to go out for coffee or something, you can't do it. It was nowhere; you'd be trapped. The rooms were a good size for one person. All of their showers were walk-in showers, and they actually had seats. The place was dreary and dark. It was on a long hallway kind of thing. It looked like they were saving on the lights because it was dark. I didn't like it. The dining area was small. It was at the end of a hallway, and it didn't seem well-lit to me. I didn't notice that it smelled or anything. I am sure that they are doing a wonderful job. It was for very much older people, too, and I was looking for something a little younger, but maybe for somebody who was 75 or 80 years old that would be all right. I went in at 5 or 6 o'clock in the evening, so maybe during the day it is a lot livelier. It seems that if I would be going back there with the family, I would have them look at it during the day.

Thank you for your feedback. It sounds as if you visited during dinner time. While you may not be in the market for senior housing, you are more than welcome to visit with us again to discover the active community we are. We offer a comprehensive life enriching activity program, overseen by a full time activity director. Our full calendar of monthly activities also includes transportation to area shopping and recreational events. So give us a call or stop in and we'll provide you with an activity calendar. Then you can choose from one of our many daily activities according to your particular interests. We'd love to have you join us.

March 29, 2014

By Donna P.

There's a combination of reasons why we chose Keystone Commons for my father. I'm very impressed with the administrative staff as well as the direct care staff, the rating it received from the Internet search, the overall cleanliness, and the level of care that they're able to provide, in addition to its being a convenient location for my siblings and myself to maintain contact with my dad. In addition to the traditional assisted living, they have a secured memory care unit, which is something that my dad did need. Not all of the assisted living facilities have that or have placement available. They've been very good with my dad – on good days and bad days. Communication with family is never a problem, too. If we had more time to look around, there certainly are some facilities that are less expensive and newer, but this seemed the best choice at that time, and it's working well.

February 15, 2014

By Chris39

Keystone Commons is a newer facility. It was only 5 minutes away from my dad's old house so he gets to see his neighbors and friends because it's so close. It was just a little more expensive. They're very, very clean, the entire facility was immaculate. The food was excellent, they're very heart healthy, conscious. Excellent facility and the people were very nice, very generous. I would recommend this facility as well. They offer a great deal.

November 20, 2013

By Marian5

I liked the brightness of Keystone Commons and the availability of care and service. They were open about the amount of money it would cost and they were straightforward with what you got for your money. The staff was good, caring, thoughtful, and customer service focused.

May 01, 2013

We've put a deposit for my mother so she can move into Keystone Commons. It has all the amenities that we were looking for at a good price. It has an Alzheimer's back-up facility in it, which seemed good. It's got well-sized rooms, people seem well cared for, and it seems to have all the features that one would expect in a well-run senior assisted living facility.

Photos of Keystone Commons

Services & Amenities of Keystone Commons

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Home Sale Assistance

About Keystone Commons

Our own personal histories, where we were born, what family we come from, our work occupations, and what we believe, all define who we are as a person. At Keystone Commons, knowing every single resident on that personal level is an essential part of professional, top-notch care-giving. Marketing Director, Maryann Burns says, “Getting to know every single resident and their legacy is not only fascinating but a very important part of Keystone.”

Keystone Commons is located in the town of Ludlow, Massachusetts. Ludlow is a small town with country flavor. The grounds consist of beautiful sculpted gardens, raised flower beds, and tables with umbrellas. Visitors are always welcome. There are no visiting hours and guest can stay overnight. “This is their home, not ours,” says Maryann. Guests are encouraged to share meals and participate in activities with their loved ones. There are many activities to keep busy and feel connected. Activities include pet therapy, musical entertainment, trips outside Keystone Commons, ice cream socials, bingo, cards, and various religious services. “It is truly the place you want your mom to be,” says Maryann. While visitors are welcome, security is still a top priority, especially in the memory care unit. If your loved one needs memory care, Keystone Commons offers top of the line professional care. Monitored 24 hours a day with highly trained staff, the unit is comprised of 12 studio apartments and is called The Cottage. In this secure unit, meals are served on site and there is a full time activity director. Activities are offered all day long and staff is trained by the Alzheimer’s Association to implement useful, proven tactics for the memory impaired. On site there is also a highly trained clinical neurophysiologist. “She is our go to gal,” says Maryanne.

Keystone Commons has the small and intimate feeling of family with a variety of activities and services to make every person feel included and welcome. Your loved one can truly feel part of this big, tight-knit family that calls Keystone Commons their home.

Map of Keystone Commons