Keystone Commons

460 West Street, Ludlow, MA, 01056

Contact Now

Reviews of Keystone Commons

Donna P. March 29, 2014

There's a combination of reasons why we chose Keystone Commons for my father. I'm very impressed with the administrative staff as well as the direct care staff, the rating it received from the Internet search, the overall cleanliness, and the level of care that they're able to provide, in addition to its being a convenient location for my siblings and myself to maintain contact with my dad. In addition to the traditional assisted living, they have a secured memory care unit, which is something that my dad did need. Not all of the assisted living facilities have that or have placement available. They've been very good with my dad – on good days and bad days. Communication with family is never a problem, too. If we had more time to look around, there certainly are some facilities that are less expensive and newer, but this seemed the best choice at that time, and it's working well.

Chris39 February 15, 2014

Keystone Commons is a newer facility. It was only 5 minutes away from my dad's old house so he gets to see his neighbors and friends because it's so close. It was just a little more expensive. They're very, very clean, the entire facility was immaculate. The food was excellent, they're very heart healthy, conscious. Excellent facility and the people were very nice, very generous. I would recommend this facility as well. They offer a great deal.

Marian5 November 20, 2013

I liked the brightness of Keystone Commons and the availability of care and service. They were open about the amount of money it would cost and they were straightforward with what you got for your money. The staff was good, caring, thoughtful, and customer service focused.

Caring76821 May 01, 2013

We've put a deposit for my mother so she can move into Keystone Commons. It has all the amenities that we were looking for at a good price. It has an Alzheimer's back-up facility in it, which seemed good. It's got well-sized rooms, people seem well cared for, and it seems to have all the features that one would expect in a well-run senior assisted living facility.

From Keystone Commons

Our own personal histories, where we were born, what family we come from, our work occupations, and what we believe, all define who we are as a person. At Keystone Commons, knowing every single resident on that personal level is an essential part of professional, top-notch care-giving. Marketing Director, Maryann Burns says, “Getting to know every single resident and their legacy is not only fascinating but a very important part of Keystone.”

Keystone Commons is located in the town of Ludlow, Massachusetts. Ludlow is a small town with country flavor. The grounds consist of beautiful sculpted gardens, raised flower beds, and tables with umbrellas. Visitors are always welcome. There are no visiting hours and guest can stay overnight. “This is their home, not ours,” says Maryann. Guests are encouraged to share meals and participate in activities with their loved ones. There are many activities to keep busy and feel connected. Activities include pet therapy, musical entertainment, trips outside Keystone Commons, ice cream socials, bingo, cards, and various religious services. “It is truly the place you want your mom to be,” says Maryann. While visitors are welcome, security is still a top priority, especially in the memory care unit. If your loved one needs memory care, Keystone Commons offers top of the line professional care. Monitored 24 hours a day with highly trained staff, the unit is comprised of 12 studio apartments and is called The Cottage. In this secure unit, meals are served on site and there is a full time activity director. Activities are offered all day long and staff is trained by the Alzheimer’s Association to implement useful, proven tactics for the memory impaired. On site there is also a highly trained clinical neurophysiologist. “She is our go to gal,” says Maryanne.

Keystone Commons has the small and intimate feeling of family with a variety of activities and services to make every person feel included and welcome. Your loved one can truly feel part of this big, tight-knit family that calls Keystone Commons their home.

Features of Keystone Commons

• Internet in residents' rooms

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Monthly rent is all inclusive

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

Location of Keystone Commons