Brookdale Remington Park

5301 66th Street, Lubbock, TX, 79424

Reviews of Brookdale Remington Park

Worried family member October 29, 2015

Be very careful when choosing this place. My family member was told they will no longer meet the needs for special needs residents. Since the buy out to Brookdale, this place has gone down hill. We keep hoping things will get better but after one of the cooperate people made this comment to my family member, we are going to start looking elsewhere. The management they have working is a joke too. Be ready to be told what you want to hear but nothing ever gets done. And then the head nurse needs a reality check too. When residents need something, that doesn't mean to be rude and put them off, which she does a lot. Very disappointed now with the new hands.

Connie106817450 May 07, 2015

Brookdale Remington Park (Emeritus at Elmbrook Estates) seems just fine. It seems very nice, and mother is happy there. It has enough room for her, and there are several rooms that have couples in them. They’re not large, but they’re accommodating. She has a lot of furniture in hers, but that’s the way she always liked to live.

Caring100050850 December 26, 2014

We visited Emeritus at Elmbrook Estates, the place smelt, and we had heard that they just changed hands. They seemed a little rundown. I think the employees were kind of in a shell shock. They didn't know if they were going to get to stick around. They tried to put on a happy face.

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet all of your expectations. We want to thank you for taking the time to visit and for providing feedback. Please know it will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

Caring87716850 June 26, 2014

Elmbrook was where I wanted to live. I had lunch there and enjoyed it very much, and that afternoon they had a huge birthday cake for somebody's birthday. The cake was really delicious, and the coffee was delicious. I saw very few people who looked like they were much older than I was.

We were in the second floor room, and they had done two large rooms. It's quite beautiful, rich colors. The whole place is just beautiful. The only thing it lacked is outdoors. I never did see a place for outdoor lounging. They have a 1-story wing in the back. They have hospice there.

lilhasher June 10, 2014

My mother lived here for nearly 2 years until we had to move her. It was a great place for her and the staff was friendly and always helpful. I liked that her laundry was done the same day every week and that her bathing was done on the same days every week. They are very organized there and the med room staff does a great job of managing medications. I ate with my mom several times there and the food was always good! I saw several occasions where the carpets were steam cleaned on a regular basis and the facility overall is very clean. It never had anything but a pleasant smell. I would recommend this place to anyone. I only hope there is a place like this available when it is my time to go there.

Caring72039450 December 01, 2013

I especially love that the nursing staff of the Emeritus at Elmbrook Estate is attentive. They are informed and effective. The care providers are good communicators with me. The place is very clean and the apartments are a good size. It's an outdated community, but the colors, the walls, and the carpeting are certainly not the most important parts. We went there because of the medical care and that's what our parents need. I am really very happy with the community and they provide everything that we need.

Leaf19 September 29, 2013

My father-in-law has had a leak from the air conditioner in his room for a while and he complained about it last weekend. The staff at Emeritus responds slowly to maintenance problems at times. But he's happy there for the most part. The rooms are a little larger and they have a refrigerator and just a little more room.

Janna4 August 15, 2013

My parents are in Emeritus at Elmbrook Estates. It is a nice and clean place. It is in a nice area. They treat residents well. They inform me before they do things. They have bingo, music and other things. I just think they are understaffed.

commercesd January 14, 2012

The Emeritus at Elmbrook Estates was on our list to check out for our aunt. We liked the exterior - which looked well-tended and cared for. Plenty of nice shrubbery around.

The private rooms are cozy, warm and easy to navigate. The communal rooms were adequate -- with enough room for the seniors to get around and enjoy themselves alone or with help.

The dining rooms were very nice --with a casual one near the kitchen and a more formal one with lots of nice natural light. The food looked really delicious and they offer a full variety of snacks all day long.

The list of activities was impressive -- with many visits to local events as well as a full schedule of on-site items. The residents may also suggest places to go and things to do, as well.

The community and exercise rooms featured plenty of nice furniture, exercise facilities and assistance. They also have regular exercise classes for the residents, who are encouraged to exercise daily.

The staff was very attentive and kind to all of the residents that we saw.

From Brookdale Remington Park

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Remington Park