Wesley Manor | ASSISTED LIVING

5012 E. Manslick Road, Louisville, KY, 40219

Contact Now

Reviews of Wesley Manor | ASSISTED LIVING

Reese3 February 29, 2016

I made an appointment with Wesley manor, but when I got there nobody was available. It’s very secure. When we got in, it looked like all the residents were in one room, lined up, and I didn’t get to see anything. I liked the price, they offered extensive care for a reasonable price.

Don't know what happened with this tour, but sounds like there may have been a mix up. We strive to coordinate all tours with our staff in advance. The residents may have been doing a group activity or getting ready for a meal when you were here. Glad to reschedule your tour, if you wish. You can reach Cliff Whalin directly at 502-400-3228.

Loving sister3 February 23, 2016

Wesley Manor seem like a very pleasant place, the facility itself is beautiful, nicely laid out, and they have a very pleasant courtyard. It’s a small facility, they have 40 people or so. You can go from assisted-living, to rehab, and memory care without leaving home. The people who lived there has first-priority when there’s an opening.

Thanks so much for your kind remarks. Always appreciate the feedback!

Caring Daughter110572550 January 14, 2016

I put my mom into Wesley Manor. The food is wonderful. It is one of the first place that I have seen where they make sure that the food is hot for their patients. Another thing that I’ve noticed about them that I like is that they don’t let their patients lay in their beds. They want them up and moving to prevent bedsores, so they have many activities. The rooms are of a nice size, especially on the side where my mother is living. You have to pay for the TV services yourself, which I don’t like, but my mother is at the point where she doesn’t watch TV in the room anyway. They do have a TV outside that everyone can watch. They do get short-staffed sometimes, but I think it is one of the best, as far as dementia care goes.

Thanks so much for your kind remarks! Alzheimer's/dementia care is what we do best and we're always striving to improve. It is an honor to care for your mom and so many others. We're actually in process of upgrading out TV system, so that will be a nice amenity for residents as well.

Caring104169550 March 27, 2015

I visited Westley Manor. It was very nice. The apartments were fine. You could furnish them yourself. They had a number of activities.

jkr November 20, 2012

The staff at Wesley Manor was wonderful and very nice. They will accommodate anything.

From Wesley Manor

Wesley Manor was among the first retirement communities in our area to offer a licensed residential model for early-stage Alzheimer’s and dementia care. Because we know people who suffer memory loss require the most specialized attention, our Memory Care Center is a licensed “Personal Care” facility. This means a nurse is on site 24/7, who can administer medications when needed most—all in a secure community. Friends and family can visit anytime.

Our staff is personally involved in the day-to-day activities of each Memory Care Center resident. We offer comfort and peace of mind to residents and their families that few other Alzheimer’s/dementia facilities can give.

Key services include:
  • Medication management and administration
  • Reminders and assistance with dressing, bathing, personal hygiene, bathroom and bedtime routines.
  • Assistance with hearing aids, eyeglasses, dentures, ostomies and prosthetic limbs
  • Reminders and escorts to dining area
  • Daily housekeeping and personal laundry
  • Enclosed patio and garden area
  • Special activities and outings
  • Private and semi-private rooms available

The Hoskinson House Assisted Living Center at Wesley Manor offers personal comforts and independence of home, in a safe and secure community. This includes

• A full service dining room serving three meals daily
  • 24-hour emergency response system, plus…
  • Beauty salon
  • Free transportation
  • Woodworking shop
  • Sewing room
  • Extra personal storage

Nestled on 35 acres in southern Jefferson County, the Assisted Living Center has a country feel with walking paths and gardens—yet city convenience with a variety of shopping only a few minutes nearby. Assistance is available for bathing, dressing, medication reminders, personal hygiene, bedtime routines, whirlpool baths and personal laundry service.

A physician, psychiatrist and podiatrist are available. Regularly scheduled social and recreational activities are offered. We provide weekly housekeeping services and launder bed and bath linens. Nicely appointed common areas may be reserved for special family gatherings and celebrations.

When you compare the services at Wesley Manor to those of other retirement communities, we know you will see the difference – and the difference is personalized care.

Features of Wesley Manor

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Housing extra: Memory Care we offer private and semi private studios
  • Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 60

• Licenses: 20010605603

• Fee structure extra: Monthly rent is all inclusive except for phone and T.V,
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,270/month

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid