The Forum at Brookside

200 Brookside Drive, Louisville, KY, 40243

Reviews of The Forum at Brookside

Michele23 November 22, 2014

My dad is in a facility in Louisville near my sister called The Forum. It’s clean, it feels like a home, it has excellent care, and the staff is very helpful. They have a garden area, and they can watch the ducks. They have a separate group that has an office but it is separate from the phone call helping hands, so we use that group a lot of times to make sure he gets to different place because his Alzheimer is getting worse.

My sister has tried the food, and she has been very happy with the food. It’s in a really nice suburb area, and it’s kind of like a close gated community. There is a guard check when you come in, and then it sort of like a lot of woody grounds on paths that you can you on hiking.

Janet85782250 July 31, 2014

The Forum is 2 blocks from where I live. The staff is very wonderful. The food is good. They provide transportation, 3 meals a day. They have coupons so if my parents don't eat there one night, we can go another night and eat with them free. They have the largest floor space of any facility in Louisville on their apartments. The apartments are very nice-sized so they don't feel cramped. My parents love it. They're very happy.

The rooms are extremely large. They're in an apartment but they also have villas. It's more like an apartment building than an institution. Their bathroom has safety bars and emergency cords. The activities are just wonderful. There is always something going on. The best features are the space, the rooms, the square footage of the apartments and the amenities. They have an indoor swimming pool. It's just very nice.

Caring8590 May 11, 2014

The Forum at Brookside was recommended by Caring.com. I visited the place, since I was looking in the area for a facility for my mom. The staff were very nice to me. I liked the fact that there were independent homes and apartments. I saw both the rooms in the house and the apartments. The rooms were adequate, and definitely nice and clean. Although, I thought it needed to be updated. The dining room was very pretty; unfortunately, I was not able to sample the food. I thought a lot of the activities were centered around the meal times. The residents appeared content and happy. However, there was no progression in the event that her needs of care progressed. And that was one of the things I wanted available. Nonetheless, I really liked the independent apartment homes, and I would definitely recommend the facility to other people.

Maria17 July 25, 2013

The place is wonderful, as a matter of fact, it's everything I would ever want because of the way they do things and . The residents don't just sit in the wheelchair and I wouldn't want my mom just seated in the wheelchair. I like the way the staff treat the people that lived there. They have a section where they have people that can get around; an assisted living area, and then there is a section for dementia and Alzheimer's. The staff were more than helpful and more than caring. The staff that showed us around is very detail-oriented. They showed us around the facility and the activities they do on certain days a week. They have different room setups like a sewing room and for the men they have a tool room and a workshop room. We had breakfast there and the food was wonderful. The facility is clean. The whole place was just fresh, warm, and caring. They give one on one level of care. Depending on what your situation is they have specialist that worked with you on that particular group. The rooms have handicapped showers and handicapped bed. It's just so nice. The residents in the dementia unit were monitored. I felt comfortable with the staff.

jt40014 July 28, 2011

This facility has all facets of care from Independent Living to 24 hour Nursing Care. My only complaint is the level of service and follow through in the Nursing facility. Well meaning people, however, not up to date on the needed care of our patient.

From The Forum at Brookside

The Forum at Brookside offers compassionate senior care in Louisville, KY. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at The Forum at Brookside shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Louisville, KY.

Features of The Forum at Brookside

• Detached homes
  • Housing extra: Cottages
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

• Spanish

• Hiking trails
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Lovely 40 acre campus, W/D in apt.

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)
  • Dining extra: Room Service Complimentary

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class, Choir/Creative Writing

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive

• Minimum age: 55

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of The Forum at Brookside