Atria Stony Brook

3451 South Hurstbourne Parkway, Louisville, KY, 40299

Reviews of Atria Stony Brook

Janice101918250 January 29, 2015

I got my friend in a facility named Atria Stony Brook. They are wonderful. The staff is wonderful and caring. They help with my friend because I couldn't get her in a facility in Indiana. She escaped from a facility there, but has not tried to escape from here. The rooms are very clean and comfortable looking. It's a place that I wouldn't mind living. I'd like to have somebody fix my meals and do my laundry. I'm very pleased with them, and they are reasonably priced. They have a great activities director that keeps them busy all the time. They are always singing or playing bingo. They have a happy hour thing once a week. They just keep them busy all the time. They have an excellent chef there as well that caters to what the residents want.

Robert82162450 December 15, 2014

I had my brother at Atria Stony Brook primarily because its location is convenient for me and our other relatives. I am very happy with the facility and the care that he is receiving in the memory care unit. The staff had been very cooperative, and they have done a good job keeping me informed.

Eileen16 October 25, 2014

Atria was very nice, very pleasant, warm, and very welcoming. I guess the location is close to where I live right now, but this would be my second choice.

Cheryl29 May 28, 2014

My parents are in Atria largely because it offered a 30-day respite care as an entry. The room is fine, but it’s just the adjustment from the size of their home to a one-bedroom apartment, but it is functional. The staff has been the best part of a community living situation, as well as socialization with other seniors. The staff is caring, positive, encouraging, and seem to have a genuine concern for my parents. There is no covered entry to the building, and they can improve on this.

Sandra46 February 28, 2014

We have my mom in Atria Stony Brook. It's more of a memory care and assisted living facility. A friend of mine told me about it. It's wonderful! It's very clean and the people are just very friendly and very caring. They're very prompt if you ask something of them. They're amazing in everything that they do for their residents. They have fun activities. I would recommend this place.

BlackCrowe January 23, 2014

The Memory Care unit I would not leave my dog in. Dirty, worse than any day care I have EVER been in. Understaffed and not properly trained for any dementia

Your comments regarding our memory care unit are very concerning to us. We would like to discuss this matter with you in greater detail to get a better understanding of the situation. Please call (516) 829-4100 or email us directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com, including Atria Stony Brook in the subject line.

fabfivenana December 24, 2013

The Atria facility is clean & bright and the apartments are designed to allow for both safety and comfort. My mother has been a resident for 6 weeks and has adjusted much better than we anticipated. She is 90 years old and not very sociable. The staff and residents have made her feel at home with their smiles and good humor. Staff knows every resident by their first name. Even my mother was impressed. The staff also made sure our mother integrated into the daily routine by finding other residents for her to dine with. She wouldn't miss a meal without her new friends. ..no small feat when someone is trying to please my mother. It's lovely to see our mother enjoying her new home at this point in her life.

Jeanie1 September 30, 2013

Atria was a very nice and clean facility. The rooms were very nice. Their studio type apartment has a little kitchenette with a refrigerator and it had a nice bathroom. The staff was very friendly. They seemed to have very good care for Alzheimer's. However, they were having a bit of staffing problem and they seemed to be in a middle of personnel change at that time.

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. I'm so glad that you found our location to be welcoming, and I apologize for any confusion while we have been transitioning to a new Life Guidance director in our memory care neighborhood. The new director is now on board and is learning the routines of our community and its residents very quickly. Additionally, our executive director has returned from a brief medical leave, so our community should not be experiencing any further issues in the near future. I encourage you to come visit us again soon, and if we can answer any questions, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

June0192 September 14, 2013

My father was at Atria Stony Brook. The accommodations were fine. There were a lot of maintenance items that were not taken cared of. The staff turnover was very high. I paid $100/month for my dad's laundry and they folded and put it in a basket and put it in the front door of his room. He couln't put it away. They had activities like singing, piano playing, performers came in to perform among others. Overall, they kept things clean.

We appreciate your feedback about our community, and I apologize for any inconveniences your family experienced while your father stayed with us. We strive to make sure that all maintenance requests are taken care of in a timely fashion and that our care team is providing all of the services our residents expect. Your review is being shared with the appropriate directors to make sure they are aware of these issues. If we can ever be of further assistance to your family, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

ThinBin June 01, 2011

Visited this facility

I volunteered multiple times at the Atria Stony Brook and felt at home every time I walked through the front doors. The amazing staff made it their mission to ensure that every resident be treated with the utmost respect, giving their full attention and concern to anyone who requested assistance. They had extremely positive attitudes and went out of their way to make sure individuals felt comfortable and secure in their home. Aside from the staff, the facilities of Atria Stony Brook were some of the cleanest I have ever seen. The detail the custodians put into their work was obvious throughout the entire building. The amenities were also wonderful. The building is designed in a way that residents should not ever feel compartmentalized and packed in. Each room is spacious and spread out so that neighbors are close but not intrusive or overbearing. The corridors and common areas are inviting, bright, clean, and elaborately decorated, making everyone feel at home whether they live there or are simply visiting. The grounds outside are very well kept and are perfect for taking a refreshing walk outside or enjoying a beautiful sunshiny day. My most surprising observation was how happy and upbeat most of the residents were. Everybody that I met seemed to have a smile on their face and really enjoyed living there. I think anyone considering assisted living should stop in and visit the Atria Stony Brook because I imagine they would probably love it as much as I did.

From Atria Stony Brook

At Atria Stony Brook, you'll enjoy superior services and support in a great location with easy access to Louisville's east end. Our services provide the ideal balance of support and independence for our assisted living residents. Join in our wide range of activities, or enjoy nearby shopping and entertainment.

Atria Stony Brook provides the following services:

• Staff available 24-hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Cafe
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance