Hollenbeck Palms

573 S. Boyle Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, 90033

Reviews of Hollenbeck Palms

August 21, 2015

By Laurence3

Everything was good. I was impressed with Hollenbeck Palms. The rooms were very nice, and the food was OK. I didn't see many of the people; it was only during the lunch I had, but not in the facility. The staff was very nice, pleasant, polite, and caring, and they all sounded very good.

July 28, 2015

By HappyMomHappyMe

I cannot say enough good things about Hollenbeck Palms. Although they have been in operation for 125 years, they have kept the place immaculately groomed & up to date. The staff are well trained, friendly, & helpful. Everyone there goes above & beyond to make sure everyone is healthy, happy & comfortable. With 24 hour gated security, my mom feels safe . It was important for her to know she won't have to move again. If she ever needs assisted living, or even long term medical care, they will help devise an individual plan that will best fit her needs. There is a 24 hr nursing staff that help with screenings, or friendly reminders for daily medications to constant care. A doctor is always available. What made my mom feel most special was the way they helped her design & decorate her room exactly how she wanted it. They even had carpet & tile & paint samples to choose from. She wanted the ability to cook for herself sometimes, so they actually ordered & installed an entire kitchenette in her space. Living here has been like being in an oasis right in the middle of the city. She enjoys the day trips as well as fitness classes, movie night & many new friends. She wanted to keep her car, but has come to enjoy the weekly shopping trips on the Hollenbeck van. They even go to her favorite stores She has tried things she never imagined! We could not have imagined the new life she has found here. From everyone I've met, the experience has been better than expected. A bit expensive. But the peace of mind is well worth any sacrifice we made.

April 07, 2015

By Mary104178650

We visited Hollenbeck Palms. The staff was very good, very knowledgeable, and very helpful. The apartments were very nice. When you walked in, there was a bathroom to your left, and I believe it had railings and stuff to hold on. They had emergency buttons to press. It was a studio that we looked at. The dining room was very nice. The food was good. We ate at the bistro, and it was really good. The grounds were beautiful, and we saw a group of people walking.

February 25, 2015

Hollenbeck Palms is one of the best places around. The cost is a little bit steep, but I think it’s worth it. The staff was excellent, it’s clean, and it has a wonderful atmosphere. They have a lot of activities like dancing, music, bingo nights, movie nights, and outings. They have a computer room, and they even have an ice cream parlor. The grounds were beautiful, there were flowers and plants. It’s a very sunny, beautiful place. It was excellent, and it was one of the best I have ever seen.

January 20, 2015

By Shirley81689750

The staff at Hollenbeck Palms was wonderful. The dining area is very elegant, the facility was very large, and the rooms were spacious and well-appointed. The security was very good; we drove in, and there was a guard at the gate.

January 13, 2015

By Roberto2

We have moved my wife’s parents in Hollenbeck Palms this week. I like it for the fact that it is continuing care. They have three facilities, and I like them. It is gorgeous. It is very well-staffed. The caregivers and every aspect of the staff that we have encountered were great. We have tasted the food, and it was excellent. They have multiple choices in every meal. They have 3 or 4 different activities every day like memory work, tai chi classes, walking club, music events, movies, and ice cream parlor. They have a chapel, and they have Christian and Catholic services.

July 01, 2014

By Shlee

Very welcoming with options for care and plans for buy in. We will be taking mom for the complimentary lunch visit. I liked it for myself, will be leaving directives for my children to follow should I be in need.

May 10, 2014

Hollenbeck Palms was nice. The one who took us around, she was very nice, helpful, and informative. The rooms there were nice and clean. They had a therapy room, like a mini gymnasium, they had a chapel, and they also had a room like a library kind of thing where they can do handicrafts or just sit there and read a book.

February 28, 2014

Hollenbeck Palms was clean. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. The rooms were very clean and very nice. That's why I decided to it would be good to settle then. The dining room was very large and clean with lots of tables. They had a lot of different activities there that a lot of people could relate to. There's a lot of music, a lot of interactive games like Sudoku, which I really love doing.

July 31, 2013

By Elizabeth20

Hollenbeck Palms is phenomenal. The facility and staff are outstanding. The environment and the meals are beyond incredible. The apartments are phenomenally well cared for. The activities are numerous. They are in wide variety and flexible topics. They have card games, movie and music activities. They have field trips to concerts, operas and theaters. They make arrangements for people to come to their facility as well as for the residents to go out to local venues. I am so pleased and lucky that my mom is there.

January 28, 2012

By RIPOPA

My grandfather moved to Hollenbeck Home once he started having trouble walking. At first he was very apprehensive but grew to love it. The Facility itself is gorgeous and offers many different activity's for the elderly. He was able to take an assortment of classes which kept him active and the nurses that handled his personal care were all very friendly and professional. He had countless options to fill his days and was also encouraged to try things I never thought he would ie. Karaoke and to my surprise table tennis. His personal living quarters were surprisingly roomy and had all the necessary safety and support implements. The have a game room, library, gym, pool hall, even a putting green plus many more amenities. His favorite was the ice creme parlor. Hollenbeck Homes allowed my grandfather to live the rest of his years in comfort and enjoyment and I thank them for that. I would recommend this care home to anyone.

November 07, 2011

By Caringsenior

I think Hollenbeck assisted living facility is a beautiful facility. While there, I witnessed the staff members taking care of the residences like they are their own family members. They place looks well taken care off, clean and organzied. They also have relaxation activities and the whole environment looks very welcoming. In general, I would rank this facility five out of five stars.

Photos of Hollenbeck Palms

• Minimum Age: Minimum Age: 65

• Licenses: RCFE
  • State Licenses: 191800001

About Hollenbeck Palms

Hollenbeck Palms is Southern California’s preeminent retirement community. Located on a gated 8 acre park-like campus with stunning views of Downtown Los Angeles and surrounding hills, Hollenbeck Palms provides the ideal mix of enjoyment, comfort and convenience along with Residential, Assisted Living and 24-Hour Nursing Care options all in one location. In its 124th year of sound management, Hollenbeck Palms is a MUST SEE, award winning community.

For more than a century, older adults have enjoyed Hollenbeck's vibrant lifestyle and amenities including stimulating and rewarding activities, delicious meals, transportation to medical appointments, shopping, travel destinations and cultural outings to world class venues throughout the Greater Los Angeles area. Hollenbeck Palms is a community where friendships grow as personal interests are pursued.

As a Continuing Care Retirement Community, Hollenbeck Palms provides residential living, assisted residential living and skilled nursing services in one location.

As a Continuing Care Retirement Community, Hollenbeck Palms provides residential living, assisted residential living and skilled nursing services at one locations.

Map of Hollenbeck Palms