City View

515 N. La Brea Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, 90036

Reviews of City View

bquincy November 20, 2012

I enjoyed the facilities surrounding environment and internal environment. The rooms were very clean and the staff was nice. I did have a few issues with the facility and the first thing was the security. It was no problem for me to walk into the facility and then start walking around until I got to my grandmother's room. I had not been to the facility before, so no one new my face and this concerned me. Also, in the activities room, there was no supervisor in the room or close by and many of the residents were very ill, so I would assume someone would watch them during activity time. Again the staff was nice and the facility was clean, but some rules should be implemented to make the environment more safe. If my grandmother on my mother's side would be going into an assisted living facility in the future, then I would definitely talk to the staff about safety procedures before she moves in.

Robert9 August 21, 2012

I visited this facility, My great uncle moved to the facility because he was in need of daily care after being permanently confined to a wheelchair (due to a serious vascular disease). His family did a lot of research and finally decided on City View Villa. Not only did they assist my uncle with his daily routine (like grooming, bathing, dressing, and going to the bathroom) but they were a great help with his medication management. Our family never had any problems with the support staff, they were always eager to service his needs and made every effort to stay on top of his care. His suite was pretty spacious (especially in comparison to the rooms at the other facility I had visited a while ago, which seemed to have much more of a restricted space for tenants). The rest of the facility is the same with wide open spaces (which makes for easier access for wheelchair bound tenants). There's an intercom system in all the suites which was really great. It made communicating with the staff a lot easier for my uncle.There is a ton of stuff to do for tenants (arts, crafts, classes, entertainment, etc.) and the facilty has extra rooms for tenant's families (great for us, who were visiting from out of town). I was fairly impressed. I almost forgot it was an assisted living facility for seniors.

ec111 July 06, 2012

Cityview Villa was an incredible place and did not have a feel of a senior citizen facility. It seemed like a home that was a welcoming embrace, and my grandmother's smile was a genuine one. Her face lit up at the attention she was receiving from attendants and other seniors that began to have conversations with her. The staff was courteous and welcoming, they did not speak to my grandmother as if she was a little girl, but a person who was still an adult and just needed aid. While I was still cautious, my grandmother jumped at the chance to belong at this facility, after seeing her lose so much of herself, it was incredible to see her interact with others. Fantastic facility!

mschoey May 16, 2012

mahwish1 April 19, 2012

Well, I wanted to admit my aunty to a living facility where she can live easily as she was old and could not keep good care of her. Before admitting her, I visited the facility. I was amazed to see the facility. The facility was beautifully constructed. The staff was very cooperating. I rooms were truly neat and clean and decorated very beautifully, with lush pillows and nice paintings lining the wall.The food was very delicious and was in varieties. The dining area was beautifully decorated and gave a very sense of relaxation. The prayer room was great. There was a medical staff 24 hours available to assist. The environment of the facility was just like home. Someone cannot feel alone and bore there. I have visited some other living facilities, but I have never seen such and beautiful and peaceful facility. I drove my aunty to this facility, and she love it. Now she is living there happily and I also do not have any tension about her.

Guitarplayer March 27, 2012

My wife's grandmother is staying at this facility. She was placed her by her father after she was diagnosed with alziemers and started to progress with the disese and she couldent live alone or take care of herself. I just recetly visited again during the christmas season and she was doing well. I think the care at this faciltiy is overall really good. The building was in nice condition and the rooms had a homley vibe and I didnt feel as if I was in a hospital, which I think was good. They treat the patients really nice here and they have nice dinners for them too. I think this is a great place to put your family member that need assistance living but don't want to put them somewhere that feels very "medical". the only thing I thought this place could have is some more medical eqiupment like if there is an emergancy and they need to take care of the patients until help arrives. Its not that they don't have any medical care equipment, they just didn't seem to be stuff redialy availible. I think overall this place is really good though espicialy if your loved one is in general good health and justs needs help with care and everyday tasks. My grandmother inlaw looked like she was doing great and seemend like she was being taken care of really well. I would recommened this place to anyone. also, the people that work here all seemend really friendly and they seemend like they really treat their patients with love and care.

Sandy Henderson November 18, 2011

CityViewVilla Assisted Living is located in LA with architecture, landmarks and attractions surrounding the facility. I recently traveled here to take a tour and I must say, this place is one of a kind. It is my personal favorite in the Los Angeles area. Your loved one can live here independently without a care in the world. The staff are very kind and provide all of the care needed. If I had to choose my personal favorite feature about CityViewVilla would be the rooftop view of this beautiful city and lives up to its name. CityViewVilla is confident that you will like what you see, and second that. The residents are very happy and have nothing to complain about. CityViewVilla is underrated and deserves more recognition. I highly suggest you take a tour. I would also like to mention the rooms here. Once I walked into one I did not want to leave, I felt like I were taking a lovely vacation inside a 5 star hotel.

Michael F. November 07, 2011

I was very impressed by CityViewVilla's facility. They had an awesome area on the roof where me and my client spent most of our time, overlooking the city. It is very close to Hollywood and right on a main bus line at La Brea - making for an easy commute to the store and back 24/7.

The rooms were very neat also. My client's room in particular was decorated very fancy, with lush pillows and nice paintings lining the wall. He had no complaints whatsoever about the place or about the staff when I asked. He also said that the "food was very good" here and I got to see the dining area, which was like a European-style fancy restaurant.

From City View

Independent Living

Our spacious Suites, along with engaging activities, opportunities for socialization and group participation enhance the daily life of one looking for an independent lifestyle. Whatever your preference, you’ll enjoy a wide variety of fitness, recreational and cultural programs including discussion groups, theater outings and shopping excursions. Enhance your current interests as well as discover new ones!

Assisted Living

Before a resident moves in, we meet with each resident and family to assess their own preferences and needs establishing whether there is a need for support or additional assistance with their lifestyle. Wellness and health assessments are conducted on a regular basis as needed. You will be pleased to know that City View offers an extensive range of assisted living services and amenities that include an exceptional personal care program of varying levels. These services may include medication management, bathing, grooming, dressing assistance, incontinency care, escorting and reminding services, wheelchair transfer and assistance, and much more.

At City View, attention to your personal needs is delivered by our loving staff with dignity and a genuine spirit of caring. We offer the highest level of service, value, and quality ~ everything you are looking for in an assisted living community.

Our Memory Care Court

Welcome to The Court at City View, where we provide the finest care for individuals with Alzheimer's and other related forms of memory loss. This separate intimate area of our assisted living community provides memory-challenged residents with the extra help they need as a result of dementia, Alzheimer's disease, or short term memory loss.

Your loved one is ensured of a safe and cheerful environment designed for their comfort. Tenderness and compassion, along with specialized assistance and supervision are provided twenty-four hours a day by out sensitive, professional staff in secure, supportive surroundings.

Residents can relax and also spend time in our outdoor living space while enjoying a breath of fresh air and sunshine.

Our beautifully decorated community is located in Los Angeles and is nestled between historic Hancock Park, Hollywood and West Hollywood. Enjoy living in one of the most desirable areas in all of Southern California amid an abundance of classic Los Angeles architecture, landmarks and attractions.

Features of City View