Belmont Village Westwood

10475 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, 90024

Reviews of Belmont Village Westwood

Paul10 June 26, 2013

I have been here in Belmont Village of Westwood for three years now. I highly recommend this to others because this is a top notched place. The food is excellent, the staff is extremely capable.

Janellen April 16, 2013

My mother stayed at Belmont, Westwood for two years. The pals (caregivers) are wonderful and the support staff is, too. The activities were very positive.But I found the business office not responsive when I called. This is a money making business and one can tell.Mistakes were made on my monthly bill, I had to wait a to receive answers to my emails and my phone calls, and the prices of the monthly apartment, laundry and other items went up a few times during her stay.I'm glad she is moving to another facility.

Mischle December 12, 2012

The Belmont is a beautiful facility and the residents are as happy as could be given that many can not be in their own homes. The food is excellent. Since it is located on a major street and somewhat hilly area, walking in the neighborhood is less stimulating or feasible.

aaaaaron2246 November 07, 2012

The facility is quite nice. Everything is clean and modern and up to date. The staff leaves much to be desired. Oftentimes they drive him to doctor's appointments without consulting us first -- at a $90 fee. As I stated before we work very close to the building and would have no problem driving him to these appointments ourselves. Also, they frequently call us to refill prescriptions on medications that he has been taken off of already.

thebrother October 30, 2012

This facility really helped my aunt. We stopped going there because we couldn't afford it. I loved the landscaping there, as we used to take walks on the perimeter of the building. It is extremely clean and modern, which is essentials for elderly people.The staff is absolutely amazing, they had long talks with my aunt when she wasn't feeling well or was depressed, and they truly did a very good job at taking care of my aunt and restoring her confidence and her morale.The food was excellent at this facility. I once attended a concert here and we ate there. My aunt said that this was the regular food, and it was spectacular. I believe that they have a professional chef on site to cook a variety of very tasty dishes, without a specific schedule. There is a healthy menu, which is really important to many guests at this facility, which had salads and sometimes some lean meats.

thankyouverymuch October 12, 2012

I am a good friend of a resident who has been living at Belmont Village for the past year. I wanted to visit my friend and check in with her, as she is elderly. I wanted to make sure the assisted living facility was treating her right. I was also a little nervous because I had not ever visited such a place before, and I didn't know how to act around people or what to expect. I really was blown away by how much I liked it and how much my friend was being cared for. Belmont Village offers several different types of rooms and meal plans, depending on what you are there for. They have medical staff and care for people who are dealing with memory loss. Unlike other assisted living providers with reputations for being cold and clinical settings with detached staff, it is a warm and friendly place, a home-like environment. The architecture was done right: bright, open, with lots of windows. The residents have access to several big common rooms that encourage different activities and promote well-being. People make friends with each other easily here. I am so glad I went to visit my elderly friend and see how well she is doing. I would be comfortable if my own grandmother were here. Thank you, Belmont Village.

Edwin C Jackson September 13, 2012

My father lived there for two years. He thinks that this is the best place to relax and to feel like home. I'm very satisfied with the attention that they gave to him. The first day he was afraid to stay alone, but after a week he became very excited with activities of the place and made alot of friends in the process. The staff was very friends to us during our visit, also is well trained and professional and goes out of their way to help in any way needed, they also try to make it very interresting for the residents as they provide guided tours and acitvities and that kind of stuff. So I have no bad things to say, I highly recommed the facility to any person that really wants to be confortable and happy.

ds4961 August 21, 2012

This is one facility that is comfortable and well maintained. The staff is very professional and ready to help out at any moment. They offer many different activities for residents to enjoy and manage to create a very nice environment for residents. The apartments are fairly nice and appear to be a nice place to live. The facility provides a well equipped gym for member. I was once with a relative that I was very attached. It was so difficult for her to get accustomed in new place. But after one month she felt very happy. She made great friendship with one old lady from her age. They are now so close each other and I think that is cool. She is addicted to her and their friendship is getting bigger from one day to other. And now I really can be happy when my lovely mom is happy. I love her so much from bottom of my heart.

ds496 August 09, 2012

SammyK July 31, 2012

My friend's mother had bad experiences at another assisted living facility, so I was asked to tag along to help him find a good place for her. We went to many places that day, but the location we ended up deciding on was Belmont Village. Just the looks of this building was quite amazing. It was clean, decorated nicely, and just seemed like a place I'd enjoy if I was in the same position as her. The staff was very friends to us during our visit. There was not a single one in which we spoke to that I didn't like. They treated us with respect, and for that I was quite happy. The facility itself had some really nice things about it. The rooms are pretty good size and plenty of room to move around in for everyday activities. There is also a gym that I found to be quite nice. Overall I'm glad we found this facility. It is extremely nice and so far my friend's mother has enjoyed it to the fullest.

a1 July 11, 2012

The facility is very nice and well maintained. The staff is very professional and ready to help out at any moment. They offers many different activities for residents to enjoy and manage to create a very nice environment for residents. The apartments are fairly nice and appear to be a nice place to live. The facility provides a well equipped gym for member. The area surrounding the buildings is nice and very charming. Residents appear to be comfortable and happy with the environment which is always a good sign. Residents have said the staff is very good and ready to help out. One problem I have heard is the facility could be cleaner, though it seems that it is fairly well taken care of. Over all it appears to be a nice place and some residents appear to be happy there. It isn't the perfect place to be but from what I have heard it isn't too bad.

Viki1 July 10, 2012

My mother lives there for four years. She thinks that this is the most beautiful place to relax and to feel like home and so and I. I'm glad and very satisfied with the decision which we together we made it. In the first time she was very afraid to be alone, because after my father died she was living with me. She taught that she was interrupting my space so she made decision to live with out me. When she made her first step to this location I felt sadness in her eyes. She felt like a mother who lives her son. It was so difficult for her to get accustomed in new place. But after one month she felt very happy. She made great friendship with one old lady from her age. They are now so close each other and I think that is cool. She is addicted to her and their friendship is getting bigger from one day to other. And now I really can be happy when my lovely mom is happy. I love her so much from bottom of my heart.

lorilei July 27, 2011

Assisted Living Home. My mother has been living there for a year. I have been very happy with it. The people are friendly and uplifiting. My mother has moderate alzheimers. I actually think thru the socialization, she has stayed the same, not getting worse. They could have more activities, but other than that I have been happy and am pretty sure my mother has been.

GuiCyber June 30, 2011

I have been living in this living facility for 2 months, and let me tell you that I'm delighted to live here. When I came over, I was afraid that I was going to have a bad experience since I already had one. However, everything is better than I thought. I'm enjoying very much living here because I have a very comfortable room, I can work out in the gym it has, and the staff is really attentive and friendly. I don't regret about living here. In fact, I recommend this place to people who really want to enjoy living a great experience.

StoopVick June 12, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

The landscape there is nice and the facility is more or less clean. The staff is nice and cares very good for my grandma. They also try to make it very interresting for the residents as they provide guided tours and acitvities and that kind of stuff. We never worried that anything bad could happen to her as the staff seems to be very experienced and motivated. The only thing that bothers me is the smell that seems to hang in the air since ever. Also sometimes the floor was dirty as some residents (who were suffering form alzheimer or that kinda stuff) didnt remember where the toilet was. But all in all it is a very nice and proud facility.

From Belmont Village Westwood

Belmont Village of Westwood, California is situated in a lushly landscaped residential neighborhood in the heart of Westwood. Our senior living facility is located along Wilshire Boulevard's “Golden Mile.” Residents enjoy shopping at its best on Rodeo Drive, Century City and Westwood Village. Also convenient to the area are the UCLA Medical Center and its world-renowned physicians, the sunny beaches in Santa Monica, places of worship and excellent restaurants.

Just as spectacular as the amenities of the surrounding community are the care and services provided to residents of Belmont Village by well-trained staff. Upon arriving at Belmont Village of Westwood, a convenient valet service is on hand to help residents and their guests. The beautifully landscaped courtyard, terrace and grounds feature a variety of outdoor amenities including a swimming pool and walking paths. Inside, a concierge service is available to provide guests with assistance. While living at Belmont, residents can take advantage of our signature care programs, comfortable common areas, sun-filled library and computer center, as well as the multi-purpose theater. Plus, those with support needs benefit from a very responsive and knowledgeable assisted living team.

Experience the Belmont Village Difference
  • Dedicated Memory Care Residences
  • Assistance with daily living
  • Well-trained, dedicated staff
  • Chef-prepared, restaurant-style dining
  • Professionally supervised fitness center and wellness programs
  • Physical, occupational and speech therapies available on-site
  • Free scheduled transportation
  • Enrichment programs and social activities
  • Internet and email at the Center for Learning
  • Housekeeping and laundry
  • Private and companion apartments
  • Short-term stays available
Memory Care rate includes the following
(there is an additional fee for enhanced personal care.)
  • Basic Personal Care (activity reminders and stand-by assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and escorts)
  • Three delicious chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style daily in Josephine's Kitchen
  • Licensed Nurse on-site 24 hours a day
  • Regular monitoring of residents' wellness and periodic health assessments
  • Senior-focused social, recreational, educational and gardening activities
  • 24-hour emergency call response system
  • Daily scheduled transportation to nearby shops, physicians' offices or special events
  • Weekly housekeeping, laundering of bed linens and personal laundry
  • Daily trash removal and bed-making
  • All utilities except private telephone
  • Cable TV programming

This location is a project developed by Belmont Village and the UCLA Emeriti and Retirees Joint Housing Committee for a vibrant and engaging senior living community to support continued involvement with the university. The result is a beautiful building, thoughtfully planned and specifically designed to serve the interests and needs of West LA seniors and families.

Features of Belmont Village Westwood

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, W/D in apt.

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft