Elmcroft of Lorain

3290 Cooper Foster Park Road, Lorain, OH, 44053

Reviews of Elmcroft of Lorain

January 30, 2016

By BVM

Elmcroft has very nice people. They talked to me and gave me the whole lowdown on how they run the facility. They said that they will not accept, Vicky, my wife. We had a good meeting, almost like an interview, about what Vicky needs. When I told them that she had a feeding tube they said they're sorry they can't accept her because they don't handle feeding tubes. It looked like a nice facility at the time. I know they're pretty clean. When the interview was done, I understood their reasoning.

September 29, 2015

I liked Elmcroft of Lorain a lot, but the apartments were too small. Everybody seemed very nice, and from what I saw, there would be no problem. However, after we saw the size of the rooms, we didn't go into any more detail. The location was good, and the amenities that they offered were good. The only complaint I have was the size of the apartments. Also, they allow pets, but the problem is come winter with the snow and everything, neither my husband nor I would be able to take the dog outside for a walk or even on a leash. They had no place that you could just let the dog out where it could be fenced in.

January 31, 2014

We're very, very happy with Elmcroft of Lorain for my mom. It’s a wonderful facility. The room is neat and clean. Mom finds the people there very friendly. The staff are very, very professional and very reassuring that they will take care of mom. Every single person that takes care of her from the therapist; PT, OT would call us and tell us how mom is feeling or progressing and that is a load off in my back. They accommodate the family any way that they possibly can. The food is very good and she loves it. She has been going to exercise class every day. If she does not like to eat breakfast in their dining room, they would bring her breakfast to her. She's going to lunch and dinner in the dining and she socializes. They set her with four awesome women who are very social. They also offer an open bar where they serve wine, beer, and dinner to the family and entertainment once a month and that is so cool.

September 10, 2013

By Jeff10

Elmcroft is a great place for assisted living only but as mom needed more advance care, there was no step up. They have a couple different patio areas and inside common areas. The chef area was very nice and they had a library, beauty parlor and a lot of different things.

October 31, 2011

By Superman

I can't say I agree with the other comment regarding the management. I have a loved one who lives here. I couldn't ask for a more dedicated, loving, management. If something isn't to your expectation, they respond immediately. They have always been kind to me and my family. Many of the nurses and aides have been there since the community opened in 2000, now nothing speaks louder then that. I'm sure they are only keeping quality people for their team. I would recommend this community for your loved ones.

October 12, 2011

By mister11

The aides for the most part are wonderful the mangement needs to be changed they are friendly to your face as they stab you in the back they get rid of good aides and keep bad ones

Photos of Elmcroft of Lorain

• Features Extra: Library, Therapy Department

• Licenses: yes
  • State Licenses: #2301R

About Elmcroft of Lorain

Residents of Elmcroft of Lorain are proud of the independence they maintain and enjoy the security of 24-hour personalized assistance. While we offer a helping hand with day-to-day tasks such as dressing, bathing and medication monitoring, they are treated as the accomplished individuals they are. They enjoy the freedom of choosing their own agenda and activities, while feeling secure in knowing that we are always there to provide support should they need it.

Map of Elmcroft of Lorain