Starting At: $3030

Payment Options

Contact for details

Accepting inquiries

About Elmcroft of Lorain

Residents of Elmcroft of Lorain are proud of the independence they maintain and enjoy the security of 24-hour personalized assistance. While we offer a helping hand with day-to-day tasks such as dressing, bathing and medication monitoring, they are treated as the accomplished individuals they are. They enjoy the freedom of choosing their own agenda and activities, while feeling secure in knowing that we are always there to provide support should they need it.

Reviews of Elmcroft of Lorain

Average Rating: 4.0 4.0 out of 5 stars based on 5 Reviews

Posted by a fellow reviewer September 29, 2015

I liked Elmcroft of Lorain a lot, but the apartments were too small. Everybody seemed very nice, and from what I saw, there would be no problem. However, after we saw the size of the rooms, we didn't go into any more detail. The location was good, and the amenities that they offered were good. The only complaint I have was the size of the apartments. Also, they allow pets, but the problem is come winter with the snow and everything, neither my husband nor I would be able to take the dog outside for a walk or even on a leash. They had no place that you could just let the dog out where it could be fenced in.

Posted by a fellow reviewer January 31, 2014

We're very, very happy with Elmcroft of Lorain for my mom. It’s a wonderful facility. The room is neat and clean. Mom finds the people there very friendly. The staff are very, very professional and very reassuring that they will take care of mom. Every single person that takes care of her from the therapist; PT, OT would call us and tell us how mom is feeling or progressing and that is a load off in my back. They accommodate the family any way that they possibly can. The food is very good and she loves it. She has been going to exercise class every day. If she does not like to eat breakfast in their dining room, they would bring her breakfast to her. She's going to lunch and dinner in the dining and she socializes. They set her with four awesome women who are very social. They also offer an open bar where they serve wine, beer, and dinner to the family and entertainment once a month and that is so cool.

Posted by Jeff10 September 10, 2013

Elmcroft is a great place for assisted living only but as mom needed more advance care, there was no step up. They have a couple different patio areas and inside common areas. The chef area was very nice and they had a library, beauty parlor and a lot of different things.

Posted by Superman October 31, 2011

I can't say I agree with the other comment regarding the management. I have a loved one who lives here. I couldn't ask for a more dedicated, loving, management. If something isn't to your expectation, they respond immediately. They have always been kind to me and my family. Many of the nurses and aides have been there since the community opened in 2000, now nothing speaks louder then that. I'm sure they are only keeping quality people for their team. I would recommend this community for your loved ones.

Posted by mister11 October 12, 2011

The aides for the most part are wonderful the mangement needs to be changed they are friendly to your face as they stab you in the back they get rid of good aides and keep bad ones

Location of Elmcroft of Lorain

Features of Elmcroft of Lorain

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, therapy department

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,260/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: yes
  • State License(s): #2301R

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details

• Get a quote
  • Learn about payment options
  • Make an appointment

By submitting this form, you agree to Caring.com's Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Agreement to be Contacted by Telephone.