Brookdale Island Lake

160 Islander Court, Longwood, FL, 32750

Reviews of Brookdale Island Lake

April 30, 2015

By Leonard8

Brookdale Island Lake is excellent and very good. Everything is very good except that I am not sure if they would accept my wife as a resident because of her condition. I have visited it twice, and everything is fine. The only problem is that their license is not good enough to take care of any ailments and health issues, so they are not interested in taking my wife as a patient. I have nothing bad to say because everything and everybody was very good.

January 22, 2015

By Barbara104844750

My parents are now at Brookdale Island Lake. It is close by and nice. The staff seems nice, and the rooms are really nice. The food is really good.

September 08, 2014

The grounds at Chambrel at Island were really beautiful. They have set inside like a real island lake community. The staff was really terrific. They were nice. This place though was very expensive.

July 31, 2014

By Cathy90540450

We went to Chambrel at Island Lake and it’s a wonderful facility. I have a friend who is there and I knew mom would love it there too. It's a very nice place and it's exactly what she wanted. They have an apartment and basically you do have a kitchen. It wasn’t too small, but definitely not too big. With assisted living, she would get all of her meals. Everything is right there. Their dining room is like a restaurant.

June 30, 2014

By Andrea21

What was impressive at Chambrel was that they were right on top of it when I asked what they would do in case of fire and what the protocols were. Others didn't know, but they (Chambrel) were very good. They have a pool there. Their rooms and their dining room were very good as well; however, my grandma just said that it was a little too fancy for her. Three of the staff there were very good. There were four of us who visited it at different times, and the staff was very accommodating and knowledgeable.

June 17, 2014

My mom decided to stay in Chambrel at Island Lake, and they take good care of her there. Chambrel is a very nice place, and she's happy there. The nurses are very attentive, and it is a good place for her. They have lots of activities. They have an outdoor pool where they have water aerobics. They have bingo, discussion groups, and they show movie there. They have a piano in their gathering room, and people come in to play the piano for the residents. They take the residents out to movies. They have physical therapy available right there, which is a good thing. They also have occupational therapy there.

March 27, 2014

By Elizabeth33

The people who work in Chambrel are really wonderful and very friendly. The rooms were very spacious. They were larger than most other places we've looked into. They also even have screened areas where you can walk into the grass right from your room, which is very, very nice. Overall, the facility is very clean, and the food was very good, too.

February 13, 2014

By caring76258050

My mom is in Chambrel at Island Lake. What we liked was that they had a lot of activities and they had a lot of people and things going on. They’ve got everything; workout stuff, computer room, movie night, dancing and field trips. We were able to put mother in a nice, little apartment with a kitchen and living room. The food is excellent, it’s like in a restaurant where you order off a menu.

January 31, 2014

My sister and brother-in-law are now at Chambrel at Island Lake and they are happy there. Their apartments are very nice and clean. The place is aging a little bit and I think they are doing some remodeling, but overall it's clean. I think the carpet in the hallway is beautiful. I have eaten there quite a few times and the food – I have better and I've had worse, but I would say everyday it is good and they have lots of choices which is good. They have exercise class which my they are participating and that has been really good. All the residents there seemed pretty happy. The staff are all very nice and friendly.

December 30, 2013

I think Chambrel at Island Lake is quite an attractive facility. It looks like the apartments are nice. We only dealt with one person and she was very knowledgeable and very helpful.

November 24, 2013

The reason for the search was that I was just looking to see what is out there in case I need it. I visited Chambrel at Island Lake and I thought it was a very nice place. Everybody was very helpful. The staff seemed to be friendly. I did see one of their rooms and it was not bad. Overall, I enjoyed the tour. If somebody ask me about them, I would tell them that they must go visit and see this facility for themselves.

October 28, 2013

By Russell6

Chambrel was a really nice facility. I would compare them to where we live now. The only thing was that I think they're a little more expensive than normal. However, you do get what you pay for. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. They took us around and showed us several apartments. Surprisingly, when we went there, we had a very good lunch there. Their dining room was really nice with tablecloths and waitresses and waiters who took care of our needs. For sure I would recommend this place.

October 24, 2012

By kendra1030

I visited this facility looking for an adequate accommodation for my father in the possibly near future. I was able to use a GPS to find my way to the facility. It was not hard or confusing to find. The entrance to the property was open and made it easy to spot and locate. Upon entering I was immediately impressed with how clean and lavish the interior was. The ceilings were high and the rooms were spacious. We took a general tour of the main area. The dining area was beautiful and had numerous tables for all the guests. The decor was exceptional. It matched the environment appropriately and added a nice sense of class. The pool was large and very clean. It would be a nice spot to go to while visiting my dad. The property backs up to a smaller lake that added a nice sense of peace and tranquility. Although I never took the time to view the rooms for the residents, I felt this place had lots of great things to offer. It is a little bit further away but still close enough where I am comfortable with having my relative stay here. I would still keep this as an option for residency.

July 30, 2012

By JUDY 1

We've visited Chambrel at Island Lake and the place is really beautiful. It's clean and well kept. They have large courtyard and garden, wide walking path, and they have an outdoor swimming pool! They only provide meals which is a choice of lunch or dinner. And they have private dining room as well for family or friends when they come to visit and dine. The staff were nice, very warm and welcome. It's place you can really choose to stay.

May 30, 2012

By Jason2

When we visited this place, my mom instantly liked it. It's very clean and way better than the others we visited. It's not cheap though. It's $3000 a month to stay there but it's all worth it. Her place is really like that of an apartment and she is very comfortable living there. She can even cook if she wants to because she has a kitchen of her own inside. The people around her are nice, both the staff and the residents. They have activities to keep them busy. They have everything there

March 23, 2012

By LovingSon2

My mother and stepfather both were placed at Chambrel. He needed nursing care and she was able to take advantage of the more independent arrangements Chambrel offers with a small apartment of her own. My parents and my family were generally pleased with all of the services offered here. Moving in to such a facility can be somewhat traumatic for elderly patients. My mother felt early on that a piece of jewelry and some other minor items had turned up missing and she suspected the cleaning staff. The family decided, however, that this was most likely imagined.

Features of Brookdale Island Lake

About Brookdale Island Lake

Brookdale Island Lake provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Island Lake