Sunrise at Fountain Square

2210 Fountain Square Dr, Lombard, IL, 60148

Reviews of Sunrise at Fountain Square

July 29, 2015

We visited Fountain Square (Sunrise at Fountain Square) for my father. The atmosphere was very good. The staff was very friendly. The residents were happy. My wife noticed that the women were wearing jewelry, so they felt comfortable in that environment. As we visited, they were playing a game in the lobby. There were people sitting around, and one of the staff was playing a word game with them. This facility was homey too.

January 08, 2015

I visited Sunrise at Fountain Square. It was busy and nice. It was average, but it was a little too crazy at that time. The services were a la carte, but it seemed OK.

December 29, 2014

My visit with Sunrise was very positive. They have helpful staff. The rooms were perfectly fine and relatively spacious. They have lots of activities.

November 28, 2014

My husband lives at Sunrise, and we've been very happy with it. They seem to be very nice people there. He gets his meals, his exercise, and activities, and he is not very far from where I live, so I visit him very often. I can go there anytime. The staff seems kind and considerate, and they treat him well. It could be kept cleaner. It is not bad, but sometimes it is kind of messy, and it is not usually the way it is, so usually it is pretty good. It is homey, much homier than a hospital. He has a nice room there, and he is comfortable there; his room is OK. They could use more staff to take care of the people who live there. They kind of have to wait to be taken care of. I would say they are a little understaffed.

September 25, 2014

We visited Sunrise at Fountain Square, but the facility didn't work for us. The area was too congested. The rooms were fine though. We didn't eat there but we saw that the dining room was clean and nice. I liked that the people who assisted us during our visit were accommodating.

July 31, 2014

By Donald23

Sunrise at Fountain Square was our second choice. They were fine and I am sure my aunt-in-law would have been happy there. But price-wise, it was more. Her apartment wasn't as big as what she has now. They had activity rooms and a calendar of events in which residents could partake. It was basically the same thing.

June 28, 2014

It was OK. It was just a little bit out of the area where it would have satisfied my sister.

June 15, 2014

By Roberta11

Sunrise at Fountain Square has an intimate setting. It’s very new, and we were only there for 3 months. We like the layout and we are able to bring her things so that she can feel comfortable there. The staff are very attentive. They pay attention to her special needs, because she is diabetic. They also seem to show an extraordinary level of care, doing not only what they have to do, but going beyond. She has a wonderful apartment with a good view. My mother seemed to enjoy the food, it has a lot of variety. She goes to exercise class, they have a fashion show, a sing-a-long and a library. She is home.

January 30, 2014

By Ron18

My sister's friend is at the independent living community at Sunrise of Fountain. The facility is excellent as well as the rooms. Everything is great. There is not a bad thing about the place. They have nice activities like movie nights, physical therapy; they have everything.

June 16, 2013

By Cam1103

The fees for this facility are outrageous for the services. Care managers turn over constantly because they are overworked. Fees are continually increased, and care is terrible. I do not recommend this place, the facility is beautiful but the residents get horrible care (and meals are horrible unless it is an event where they are hosting outsiders).

April 03, 2013

By smile123

This facility is extremely short staffed. Residents falling constantly. Groups of residents sitting unattended plopped in front of the t.v. while the very few care givers run around trying to get residents ready for bed. Resident call lights take sometimes 15-20 minutes to be answered. Nurses giving medications hours behind schedule. I would not recommend this facility for my loved one.

Thanks for your message. We'd like to hear your specific concerns; please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com

March 13, 2013

By Hyacinth1

Sunrise at Fountain Square is very nice, clean, and updated. However, I just don't think that the staff has the ability or has enough training.

Thank you for your message. If you'd like to talk further about the service of a particular team member, we would like to hear from you. Our team members are committed to providing quality care and we are very proud of the joy they bring to residents every day. Please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com.

September 11, 2012

By CatBat

The overall appearance of this facility was beautiful, but when it came down to customer service and quality of care, it was lacking. There were repeated issues with night-time staff forgetting to give my grandmother her medications, despite frequent complaints and reminders of various forms. The staff were clearly overworked and underpaid, with only one to two workers on an entire floor. On the upper floors, the staff had to bring meals up themselves, from the kitchen on the first floor and prepare everything for all residents on the floor. When my grandmother died, Sunrise was not willing to allow us even one extra day to get her stuff out (it was the end of the month) without charging us for another full month, which was ridiculous there was no rush for her room there were many vacancies. There were several great caregivers on staff, however, and my family is grateful for them. I was pleased with the number of activities offered and the encouragement of staff to get residents to participate.

July 24, 2012

By mumjw20

The staff was very attentive, compassionate, and competent. The amenities were beautiful, very nice. The facility was very homey feeling. They made it look homey through house-like architecture. The residents were allowed to bring their own furniture to their rooms. Other furniture was very non-institutional. The food was better than expected in a facility of this nature. My aunt enjoyed all the desserts. If a visitor paid $5 she/he could eat with her relative in the dinning room. The grounds were well kept. The facility was clean. The janitors were friendly. There was a beauty parlor on the premises. My aunt had her hair and nails done weekly. They had organized games, bingo, memory games, and Scrabble tournament. Choral groups would come and perform occasionally. The residents could go on shopping trips or to the movies as a group. The facility had two house dogs.The facility was set up for multiple levels of care, from assissted living to almost total dependancy. It was not my aunt's home; as much as they try to down-play the institutional nature, it was still an institution.

November 17, 2011

By madmom1219

Pros:Comfortable facility, lots of activities, caregivers generally helpful but overworked. Help the family place them in another facility when their money runs out. Cons: Way too expensive! Do not take medicare. Tend to try to keep you there with promises of working with you to keep costs low but then before you know it, they tell you your loved one needs a higher level of care and the costs really go up then. They drag it out until all their money is gone. Have a "neurologic protocol" to put seniors on antidepressants. My mom was always the most positive person. Their facility doctor recommended it saying it helps when they are having trouble 'adjusting". But not enough oversight for side effects!! My mom started dragging her legs more and more and eventually fell and broke a bone. They blame it on her demensia. Unless you have the money, look for somewhere else that will eventually take medicare so you don't have to move them again and they don't have to go through the adjustment.

Photos of Sunrise at Fountain Square

Services & Amenities of Sunrise at Fountain Square

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• Coffee Shop
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D In Apt.

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Staff Patient Ratio: Variable Staffing

• Licenses: Assisted Living

About Sunrise at Fountain Square

Perfectly placed west of Oak Brook, Sunrise at Fountain Square is located near the Fountain Square mall. Here you'll enjoy the convenience of nearby shopping great restaurants and the area's highest rated golf courses. Additional attractions such as the Morton Arboretum and the Drury Lane Theater are nearby.

Step into a Sunrise Senior Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping.

Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise at Fountain Square