Lexington Health

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Lexington Health

December 03, 2012

By Hope 1

My husband was in Lexington Health Care for six weeks. The place was clean, there was no smell, it's very well kept. The only thing I wasn't really happy with was they moved my husband from one room to another three times and I was never notified of his move until I got there. That just didn't fit well with me. They have to keep the family more informed and open to family members. Also, they never actually asked my husband to be involved with the activities. He was pretty much left on his own in his room. However, I'm satisfied with their services.

September 27, 2012

By katie1

I have observed both the rehabilitative services and long-term assisted living and hospice services at Lexington. Rehabilitative Services: My grandmother spent two weeks at this facility recovering from a broken hip. She was assigned to a double-occupancy room and had a roommate for about 2/3 of her stay. She felt the physical therapy sessions were difficult but productive and enabled her to work towards a quicker-than-anticipated recovery. Her sole complaint was the lack of fresh fruit in the meal service. Long-term/hospice care: My (other) grandmother spent the last year of her life at Lexington in the long-term care. I visited for approximately one hour, once a week, which enabled me to get to know the staff and experience many mealtimes. Residents are typically given a choice of a salad with the option of soup, along with main entrees like salisbury steak, grilled cheese, and breaded chicken. Side dishes include veggies like green beans, macaroni and cheese, or mashed potatoes. The desserts range from brownies to jello with fruit inside, often accompanied by a dixie cup of chocolate or vanilla ice cream. Based on the smell and appearance, this food seems above average for a cafeteria-type dining environment. The staff are friendly and while they don't jump at every yell or ring of a page, they respond to requests and emergencies at an adequate speed. The facility is clean, including common areas. The grounds are nicely landscaped and provide many benches to relax outdoors with residents. Lexington's activities director arranges daily activities such as bingo or sing-alongs, as well as seasonal parties for holidays. The summer celebration includes a moon bounce for guests and hot dogs, among other treats. You can tell they're trying to engage residents and their loved ones based on the variety of activities.Overall, this is not a "luxury" facility but it is a considerable leap above state-run long term care facilities. The residents are treated pleasantly and it is apparent that the staff is doing the best with what they've got. I would not hesitate to live or arrange for a loved one to live at this facility.

April 19, 2012

By brittanymr

This facility was not something I would recommend. My grandmother stayed here while suffering from Alzheimer's Disease. It seemed many of the workers did not understand much about her condition, or how to take care of her. While staying here she developed both MRSA and C.Diff which can often be prevented by proper sanitation procedures. This facility had many unsuitable features.

About Lexington Health

Lexington Health is an assisted living facility in Lombard, IL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Lexington Health for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Lexington Health