Brookdale Loma Linda

25585 Van Leuven St., Loma Linda, CA, 92354

Reviews of Brookdale Loma Linda

Caring105112750 February 25, 2015

I liked Emeritus at Loma Linda. I liked the location; it was perfect for me in proximity to my work where I would be able to see her frequently. I liked the 1-bedroom apartment with a walk-in closet because she has a lot of stuff. I liked the activities that they have since they have a lot of things that my mom would be interested in.

If I was to move her, I would probably consider putting her in an assisted living. They said that they could have one of the nurses from the company to assess her.

The staff was very helpful, nice, and very professional. The dining area was nice too. They have five sitting at the table, and the menu looked nice. The facility looked clean to me.

Caring67107750 February 22, 2015

Brookdale Loma Linda was OK, but it was a little older than I expected. The place is OK. The people working there were fine. They were nice and courteous. They knew everything, and they responded well to every question I got. It is nice, and it has everything like a workout place.

Caring69505250 February 11, 2015

We decided to just to leave my mother-in-law where she is because no matter where we put her, there's something wrong with the place. Brookdale Loma Linda is a place we chose for her a year ago, and we are not very happy at all. About a month ago, she kept complaining about not getting her clothes back. I'm constantly going in and cleaning up her closet. This time I check. and a third of the clothes out of the closet. None of them had a name on it, and not all of the clothes were hers. So I took it to the office, and they gave me all these excuses. That is not a thing we can't fix. What bothers me is she would call for help, and they don't come for 45 minutes to an hour. By then, she already wet herself. That's what we are paying them for: help her with the bathroom, help her get dress, and help her take a shower. She constantly has her personal items missing all the time. It's degrading to have her go through that. It is two rooms, and they share a kitchen. Unfortunately this particular roommate just thinks she owns the place. They don't give them a lot of food to eat which probably doesn't help. She mostly stays in her room and doesn't socialize at all. They have activities, but she doesn't join them. I see the people listening to music and playing games, but she just doesn't go.

Lovely Lady5 November 11, 2014

Emeritus was very good; I liked it. It was just out of our price range. It was very nice and very clean. The rooms seemed very large. The people were all very friendly. The staff and the residents seemed very happy.

Beverly35 April 11, 2014

I think that the staff at Emeritus is very professional. I like them. They had a lot of different activities for the residents. Very beautiful dining room. If your family got together, they could come and eat with their relatives. The rooms are very nice. My brother has his own little studio. It's very nice, very roomy, and very clean. He's in a nice area by the library. It has everything that we wanted.

Caring69360650 March 26, 2014

Emeritus at Loma Linda invited us for lunch, but mom didn’t care for that at all. When we went there, the facility is nice. We were able to see their apartment and it was nice. Also when we went there, they had a musical event going on and a lot of the residents were in their big lobby. The staff were very nice and very informative. She didn’t like the crowded dining room when we went there, but she enjoyed the music. I think the facility is for people who are up and about, but not for my mother who is sometimes confused.

Caring74470350 November 21, 2013

The apartments in Emeritus Loma Linda were very nice, spacious and roomy. The most important of all was that the people were very nice and accommodating.

Caring72574650 October 15, 2013

It was an older facility with an older building. Though the public areas seemed to be impersonal, they do take care of their rooms. Their staff seemed congenial. However, they needed to update their facility. I would recommend Emeritus to others.

Paula16 September 26, 2013

I really like Emeritus Loma Linda and if I could I would live there. The facility is great. It's clean, bright, and cheery. There's a lot of light and the people were nice. A lot of people were out and a lot of activities going on. The staff was very friendly, very courteous, very polite, they do more for you, and they were there all the time. The rooms were nice. The food was good. This would be the one that I would want to live in.

Mary65128550 July 30, 2013

I am at Emeritus at Loma Linda. Everything seems to be just fine.

Betty29 July 12, 2013

I thought Emeritus at Loma Linda is a good facility. It was going to be our second choice for my father. It was clean and it seemed to be well-staffed. I was impressed with this facility. We were there during their dining time and the clients seemed to be happy with their meals. However, they did not have the level of service that we needed for my dad.

Caring1938 June 29, 2013

I had a tour at Emeritus at Loma Linda and the place seemed nice. The apartments are nice and the place is very clean. The staff were also very nice. I noticed that they have exercises and I can see that the residents are well taken care of.

Erika1 June 28, 2013

We liked Emeritus at Loma Linda. Their dining hall was very nice. The staff was very helpful. They worked together. I also liked the security that they had for the people. They were great.

Marylou1 June 26, 2013

The people were very nice at Emeritus at Loma Linda. They showed me around. The only problem was that the halls were a little bit too narrow and my power wheel chair couldn't pass through. It also seemed a little bit dark although they had lights on and I couldn't go to the bathroom because the doorway was not wide enough.

Victor2 May 31, 2013

Emeritus was fantastic. The people were really nice and very friendly. They answered all my questions and checked back with me a couple of times to make sure everything was alright. I did not look at the apartments but just from the main lobby you could tell that it was really well-kept. It just seemed a very nice place, the residents there are just hanging out, eating ice cream and talking. It was really nice and calm. They offer a lot of activities like bingo nights and I think senior aerobics.

oldiesmom November 20, 2012

Facility was clean, food was more than adequate, nursing staff was friendly, but not always attentive. Cost was fairly high, but manageable. Head management was not always easy to deal with, and medications were not always dispersed on time or properly. Have recently made some improvements to faculty and procedures, so things are much better.

NancyH1 September 06, 2012

My friend put a deposit in, but she changed her mind and didn't moved in. So she's still in her home bored to death because she can't go anywhere. We were quite happy with the information we got. Everybody we talked to was fine. It's just she backed out. Although, I think the reason she liked Emeritus Senior Living is because the decor was dark rather than bright and light. It was cozier since the decor was darker. The residents seem to be happy. It was clean. We tasted the food and we ate well. I didn't notice anything that would cause any worry or wonder about the situation.

From Brookdale Loma Linda

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Loma Linda