Ashley Court of Livonia

32406 Seven Mile Road, Livonia, MI, 48152

Reviews of Ashley Court of Livonia

Caring71769250 December 30, 2013

My dad is in Ashley Court for over four months now. He has his own private room with bathroom. They have an activity person and they do a variety of things. They have someone come in to sing and play guitar or organ, they play bingo, board games, church services, and they celebrate everybody's birthday once a month. During summer, they have picnic parties outside.

They have some very caring people and they do it because they care about the residents. There are probably a few people there that do it just for a job. One of the problems is the higher turnover of the staff. They are going through transitional period and they have hired new people. But I think that will be changing soon. They hear some of our concerns. We have seen improvements and I am happy about that.

We moved dad a new unit. It looks cleaner, brighter and nicer. I am happier with this new unit and new building. They have a new director on board and she has experience on the field. I am hopeful that they will get better and be on top of things in making sure that the residents are on top of their priority. One thing is tending to them before some had an accident or a problem arises.

Joan34 October 14, 2013

We transferred my dad to Ashley court from another facility. The staff is very good. They seemed to be working with dad a lot with his medicines and it's a big help because he would not take his medicines before. The rooms are nice and they're doing some remodeling. Some of it had already been remodeled. Dad had good days and bad days not anymore and he seemed to be getting along a little bit better when he was transferred to another building.

Mark West August 20, 2012

After my grandmother completed her physical therapy due to a fall, she no longer needed a full care nursing home, but she still needed more care than our family members could provide. We choose Berkley Court, with it's 24-hour nursing staff, private rooms, and ability to transition care for my grandmother.

For her mid-level care option, nurse response time was around 10 ~ 15 minutes, which was reasonable and suited my grandmother's needs. The staff was courteous, even with my ill-tempered grandmother. In a two month stay, there was only one day when my grandmother wet herself and was not changed promptly.

The dinning options were a bit bland, even for my grandmother's taste, but the staff took the time everyday to seat residents in different places to allow them to socialize, while making sure that residents that did not get along would not be seated next to each other.

Overall, even though I would prefer a shorter response time, I was satisfied with Berkley Court.

Ca416 March 16, 2012

This is a clean facility, it is not however very inviting. I have never been in an assisted living/nursing home with such awful decor, its depressing. The staff however is very friendly and they make it a warm and inviting place. I have visited this location on many occassions and always find that the staff is very attentive to the residents and that they are being well taken care of. I do wish they could brighten up the place a bit though. Everything inside seems to be dark and dreary. At meal time I have noticed on several occassions a man that is always screaming and throwing things, I do not feel that the staff does their best to control this and I find that it upsets the other residents very much. I have mentioned it to the head nurse several times (as have other visitors) and nothing much ever seems to be done about it.

Social Worker # 1 November 30, 2011

I think Berkley Court Assisted Living facility is an excellent choice for placement for someone who is looking for placement for a friend or family member. While there, I noticed that this facility is a State License Assisted Living facility. It offers a full spectrum of continuing care for their residents. It is very safe and secured and the common areas are very nice and well maintained and secured also for their residents overall safety and secured care. The surrounding neighborhood is nicely secured and safe also. The residents' rooms are nice and clean and do not smell. The management and staff their treat there residents like family.

Berkley Court offers Specialized Care for Alzheimer's, Dementia and various other age related ailments. In addition to they also offer Respite and Hospice care and services to their residents that fit their residents' individual needs. Their residents receive good care there and their residents seem to be comfortable there also. This is a specialized facility that offer specialized care for elderly age related ailments.

In general, I would rank Berkley Court Assisted Living facility on a five stars rating for its expertise and excellence in specialized elderly care and assistance.

About Ashley Court of Livonia

Ashley Court of Livonia is an assisted living facility in Livonia, MI that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Ashley Court of Livonia for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Ashley Court of Livonia