Angel Gardens Assisted Living

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Angel Gardens Assisted Living

June 30, 2012

By kshamrock20

When I visited Angel Gardens, it was under the name, Laurel Park West. It looks like it is a respectable home for people who are on a lower income. I had gone with a friend of mine who had a relative that was staying here. The relative was pretty ill and needed a lot of care. It seemed that most of the patients had issues or were going to be needing lots of help from the staff. I found the staff to be polite and the place seemed very tidy, although there wasn't much to look at. It was a small set up and there didn't appear to be much going on. I'm not sure if the patients were beyond the stages where they would want to interact with each other, but many of them seemed sedentary. It could have been the timing as well. I was only there for about two hours. It might have been down time as far as the place was concerned. I would say that this place could be an dependable option if you have someone that needs quite a bit of assistance.

June 02, 2012

By Pat Slaga, wife of Bob Slaga

Other

THIS IS A REVIEW WRITTEN FOR THE ADULT DAY CARE PROGRAM AT ANGEL GARDENS. ANGEL GARDENS HAS MADE A BIG IMPROVEMENT IN MY HUSBANDS "will to live' AND ATTITUDE. HE LOOKS FORWARD TO GOING TO DAY CARE THREE DAYS A WEEK BECAUSE HE HAS ALOT OF FUN, FOOD AND SNACKS ARE GOOD. HAS MET MANY PEOPLE OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS WHICH HAVE BECOME HIS FRIENDS. PEOPLE NEED PEOPLE WHETHER THEY ARE YOUNG OR OLD AND ANGEL GARDENS HAS GIVEN HIM SOMETHING TO LIVE FOR. STAFF AND CAREGIVERS ARE THE BEST AND GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO ASSIST. MAYBE NOT THE PRETTIEST BUT CERTAINLY ONE OF THE BEST...(BOBBI, ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR IS ONE IN A MILLION, SHE CARES FOR ALL THESE PEOPLE, YOUNG AND OLD)

November 26, 2011

By Social Worker # 1

I think Laurel Park West Home Care, is an excellent choice for a home care provider for someone who is looking for someone to take care of their independent living friend or family member. That prefers to live independently and need access to outside supportive care and assistance when needed Laurel Park West Home Care agency, offer assistance with personal cares such as bathing, grooming, and dressing. In addition to their providers help in meal preparation, housekeeping and shopping. They also offer assistance with self administered medication, ambulation, exercises, and transportation to medical appointments. Their supportive services can be arranged for various amount of times needed including up to 24/7 or on a respite or temporary time basis. They also provide a variety of other services to fit the individual care plan assessed by their professional Care Team of Nurses. In general, I would rank this service a five stars rating for their excellence and expertise. Their staff of healthcare professionals are also very task, team oriented in their job duties and performances.

June 16, 2011

By GCM12

Other

I just visited Laurel Park West for a client (I'm a geriatric care manager), who may need assisted living and wanted me to check it out for him. The facility itself is an older building"”it looks like it might have been a small hotel or office at one time"”and is set back in an odd spot. It has a very institutional look and feel. There are a lot of businesses around it, including a few restaurants. When I visited, I had a hard time finding any staff"”literally. There just doesn't seem to be anyone around. I had a hard time finding anyone even to let me out. It's supposed to offer dementia care to those in the early stages, but I didn't see anything that would prompt me to recommend it. No activities. There's just a big room, with tables, and a lot of people just sitting there.

About Angel Gardens Assisted Living

Angel Gardens Assisted Living is an assisted living facility in Livonia, MI that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Angel Gardens Assisted Living for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Angel Gardens Assisted Living