The Hearth at Greenpoint Liverpool, NY

150 Old Liverpool Road, Liverpool, NY, 13088

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of The Hearth at Greenpoint | Liverpool, NY

May 15, 2015

My mom has been in The Hearth at Greenpoint for several years. The staff seemed attentive to the residents. The rooms are adequate and seemed to be kept up well. I have not had a meal there, but they are willing to accommodate my mother's gluten free needs. She has celiac disease, so they do accommodate that dietary requirement. The dining room is nice. I can't say a lot in detail because I just took a quick tour one time. When I'm visiting my mom, I'm there for such a short period of time that we don't even go down to the dining room. But from what I have seen of it, it is clean, and it seems like a very good feel as far as the atmosphere for older folks. It is decorated in the way that they find comforting and to their liking. They got some occasional live music that comes in to perform. They go on field trips several times a week for community outings. They have the usual doctor's appointment run, grocery stores, or bank runs. They do have transportation to some church services, and they host a church service there at the facility. They have the Wii bowling, and I'm sure they play bingo. They have special events, and on occasion they celebrate the holidays. They have like a family picnic in the summer time where all families of the residents are invited to join. As far as assisted living facility, I know that Greenpoint has a fairly good reputation, but I think what they often run into at this place is the short staff and the quick staff turnover within the dining room and some of the office staff. I think they are stretched somewhat thin at times. The couple of the staff members we have had seemed like they really care about the resident's wellbeing.

March 09, 2015

By Barack

Dad has been at greenpoint for a year now. He is not very happy there. The most serious complaint is there extra services or ADL's. ( activities of daily living services.) they do a poor job on personal services. The staff are poorly trained. They seem to work on their own schedule and at their own pace. Dad waits a long time for his daily scheduled services. They rarely stick to any type of a schedule. The service is what the individual decides to give. 2nd is the food service. I see that some people seem happy with the service. All I can say is that the dining service has been a serious bone of contention since Dad arrived. I have had personal contact with Jeff, their head chef, and was assured that the dining arrangement would no longer be a problem. That was four months ago and nothing has changed. They "Talk the Talk " but they don't Walk the Walk".

I am sorry about your negative experience with us. While we understand your concerns and frustrations, we consistently strive to screen, hire and train the best staff possible. All of our care staff are either Certified Aides or Licensed Nurses. They undergo extensive training prior to becoming a part of our team. Additionally, we provide job specific training to them as part of the on-boarding process, as well as, monthly in-service training to further enhance their skills. Should you have any specific concerns about our food service, we will do our best to try and accommodate any special requests. Please contact me at the building, 315-453-7911 if you would like to discuss it further.

Thank you, Mark Guida, Executive Director

September 26, 2014

We’ve been very pleased with The Hearth at Greenpoint for my aunt. The staff are very upbeat. When we ask for something they respond immediately. There is nothing really negative I can say about it. She has a one-bedroom apartment with a small kitchen, but big enough for a small two-person table that you could fold out. It was very adequate for her needs. They supply breakfast and dinner, and if you want to pay an additional fee, they will supply lunch too. It has a very nice living room that fits all her furniture. There is a sliding door that will come out to a small patio, big enough for two chairs and a table. She really likes that and she spends a lot of time there. It has a very nice view. The bathroom is a very good size with a walk-in shower. We had lunch once and the food was very good. When I was there, everyone was really nice. With their activities, from what it sounds like, it's fantastic. They take you to three or four different grocery stores so that you can go to the one that you are used to.

September 11, 2014

By Kathy Mueller

We are looking at Greenpoint. I went on a tour, and my mother's excuse was it's too fancy. It's independent, but you can get assisted there. They have nursing there that you can get that will do medicine management, transport, help mother get up in the morning and go to bed at night. There was some help. It was beautiful. If my husband and I were looking for a facility like that, that is where we would go. We were very impressed with the cleanliness, with the staff, the apartment, the size of the apartment, the restaurant. There were many, many pluses there. You can have an apartment being independent, and at some point, if you need assistance, you can stay in your apartment and get the assistance. The rooms were spacious. You could get up to 2-bedroom apartments. Some had balconies, which were lovely. The 2-bedrooms had a bath and a half, and there was a kitchen that was not bad. It was pretty good, a nice size for that type of setting. Cable was included. The grounds were very, very lovely. They were getting a little putting green together for the guys that liked to putt. The pricing was very reasonable. The meals were excellent. My husband knew the chef there, and the menu looked wonderful, nice selections.

August 27, 2014

She's been at the Hearth for a week now. We feel that she liked the amount of people around. There were lots of people outside. It seemed like they would definitely try to get people to get out and do some activities, such as going to the community rooms and doing things together -- to visit and socialize. I think that was the big thing that's truly the deciding factor for her. It's very happy. She says she loves the food; it's delicious. She says she's making friends. We feel comfortable that people are watching her and everything seemed very nice there. The other day, they were out playing some sort of game. She enjoys the socialization and the amenities that they provide. She seemed to respond to what she was seeing there.

April 29, 2014

The Hearth at Greenpoint is a nice facility, but it was not what we were looking for. Mom doesn’t want an assisted living facility. The staff seemed very nice. From what I saw, the people seemed nice too. I would recommend this place to people looking for apartments with assisted living.

March 05, 2014

I am sorry about your negative experience with us. We offer both Independent and Enriched Living. Please feel free to contact me at the building, 315-453-7911 if you’d like to discuss it further.

Thank you, Mark Guida, Executive Director

August 10, 2011

By Linda2

This senior apartment complex has both independent and assisted living. It is a rental arrangement, rather than one where you have to buy in to the residence. The apartments are fairly spacious (my mother has a 2 bedroom) with full kitchens and balconies. The food is decent, with a lot of choices. There are a lot of activities, including things that are of interest to seniors who are still getting out and about (trips to restaurants, shopping, local cultural events). It is not over-the-top luxurious but is quite nice. I would live here-

Photos of The Hearth at Greenpoint

• Overall:

• Licenses: Enriched Housing
  • State Licenses: 520-S-129

About The Hearth at Greenpoint

Welcome to The Hearth at Greenpoint, an independent and assisted living community. Relax at home situated near the charming village of Liverpool, NY, and the neighboring city of Syracuse. The Hearth at Greenpoint provides the best of central New York with its exquisite lifestyle, nestled in a safe neighborhood setting, which provides comfort and convenience like no other.

We offer a variety of spacious apartment floor plans with balconies and beautiful courtyard views that we are sure will fit your needs and make you feel right at home. At The Hearth at Greenpoint, we love holidays. When there are no holidays in sight, we find all kinds of reasons to celebrate with special events and festive food.

Our senior living community is designed to offer you a maintenance-free lifestyle so you can pursue your interests. If you require a helping hand, it's there, almost before you knew you needed it. If a little more assistance is needed, an easy transition to enriched Living is possible, without ever needing to change apartments.

Through our warm and welcoming, purposefully designed environment, as well as a full range of services, amenities and activities, residents have countless opportunities to pursue their passions, find purpose and fulfillment, and feel proud to call The Hearth® home.

Map of The Hearth at Greenpoint