Brookdale Pleasant Hills

800 Napa Valley Drive, Little Rock, AR, 72211

Reviews of Brookdale Pleasant Hills

Caring88927750 May 02, 2015

My father is staying at Brookdale Pleasant Hills, and it is very nice. He likes the facility very much. He has an apartment, a living area, and a full kitchen. His room is very nice. He also has a porch. The staff is very nice and very helpful. They are all excellent. With their activities, I know my father does exercise. He also does interact with other seniors in the place.

Caring105431950 April 22, 2015

My mom spent a month in Brookdale at Pleasant Hills. It was a nice place. The staff was nice and helpful. The apartment that she moved into was really clean. I ate there, and the food was fine. The dining room was fine too. I don't have any elaborate words for it, but everything was fine, and I don't have any complaints. My mom stayed pretty isolated, and she didn't participate in anything there. I was really impressed with the director. I thought he was really nice, and he seemed to care deeply for the people there.

Caring102331650 February 11, 2015

Emeritus is really nice; they had more than one meal a day, but the only thing I didn’t like is they didn’t have the alert system. It was also expensive. The room had a mini-fridge, the staff was fantastic, and the room was gorgeous.

Caring95201350 September 10, 2014

I was very impressed with Emeritus at Pleasant Hills. They were very personable, and I happened to know the marketing person there so I already had a relationship with someone in that building. The accommodations were nice, and I think they would have work just fine if my parents were ready to do this. The dining room was lovely, but I did not try the food.

Caring94141450 August 31, 2014

Emeritus at Pleasant Hills was great, but the level of care that they were able to offer was not as high as what my mother needs. They were very nice. They were really good. The rooms were actually bigger than where's my mom's at. They were designed probably more for independent living than for assisted living. That was nice but there was a lot of distance between the rooms and where the activities were held and for assisted living, that wasn't ideal. However, the apartments were very nice, even the studio apartments were good. We ate there. The dining area was very nice. The only person we interacted with was the person in charge of sales, she was wonderful. She was really, really nice. We like her a lot.

Caring76981050 January 31, 2014

I was happy with my visit at Emeritus. The facility was clean. The staff was great and helpful. The room was adequate. They had a large community room with TV, which was nice. They gave me a print out of calendar of their activities. However, they were out of my budget. But I would recommend it to others who could afford it.

Jenny6 August 01, 2013

Emeritus at Pleasant Hills was fairly spread out facility and it had an apartment complex feeling. They had different exercises and services. The dining room was nice, and I would recommend the community to others.

arisaidh August 01, 2013

My visit to Emeritus at Pleasant Hill was very nice. The young woman that I talked with was very informative and empathetic. I was the only person she had to deal with all day long. She didn't hurry me up or make me feel that she had to talk to anybody else. I felt like I could stay all day long and that would have been fine with her as she would have kept talking to me. I also met Heather from the memory center. She was very personable, empathetic and tells me what they'll do if my mom went there. The rooms looked like studio apartments and were nice. They were well kept and well maintained. They had a bus that took the residents to grocery stores once a week. I saw several women playing bridge. Every woman that I saw were well cared for. Their hair were done and they were dressed nicely. It was really obvious that the people who worked there gave importance to them. I would recommend them to others. My only concern was that when my mom took her car, she would have to walk a distance to go to the door.

sisteract July 02, 2012

This was a Pleasant Hills property, but Emeritus has owned/operated it for about two years. During that time the services that most impact my mom have declined. Dining/menu has deteriorated. Same old, same old. Menus vary little week to week. One week offered cole slaw three times. (this is only a breakfast/lunch menu) Those who are able to go to the buffet often get choices not offered to those who must be served. Meals should be the highlight of the day, but that is seldom the case. Gone are the fresh flower arrangements and the serving staff is not adequate. I must say that the staff is most pleasant in hard conditions. Complaints have only generated lip service to change. The other Little Rock location seems to be better.

Very Pleased Child of Resident December 20, 2011

We first visited Emeritus at Pleasant Hills in Little Rock, AR last summer when we were looking for an Independent Living facility. We were so impressed with the Director, Jacob and with his assistant, Susannah. One of our family friends recommended this facility to us and she has lived there for 17 years. What a recommendation! Our parents were unsure about making a move from their house, but after our mom fell & broke her pelvic bone, we came back to the Pleasant Hills location to explore Assisted Living when she got through with rehab. We moved our parents in 10 days ago and could not be more pleased! It is everything that we were promised and more! The staff members are loving and caring and make our parents feel special every day. The administrators, Jacob and Susannah, as well as Rebekah, the director of the Assisted Living unit, are each incredibly responsive to any needs or concerns expressed. We feel blessed to have become part of the Emeritus at Pleasant Hills family here in Little Rock!

From Brookdale Pleasant Hills

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Pleasant Hills