Brandywine Living at The Savoy

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Brandywine Living at The Savoy

June 01, 2015

By Joddaughter

I looked at several facilities when we decided that my mom could no longer live alone. We chose Brandywine at the Savoy because it felt familiar. Many of the residents raised their families in that or similar neighborhoods so my mom had a lot in common with. the residents. She has been living there for five months and she is thriving. Every time I visit my mom, I realize how blessed we are that we chose the Brandywine Savoy for my mom to live. She is thriving so much and a lot of it is due to the love and care she is getting there. It is a special place with a special staff that works there----and I go to sleep each night at peace knowing that my mom is doing so well and that she is well cared for by her Savoy family. My mom is more active than she has been in years and eats healthy balanced meals with lovely people at her table, exercises daily, plays bingo, makes jewelry, goes on outings, gets her hair done in the building every week and even sings kereoke. I would recommend taking a look at this facility. It is not fancy but it is filled with a staff that loves the residents.

January 24, 2015

By Caring99822050

It wasn't as upscale, but it was clean, and my mother liked the studio room. I didn't like the dining room setup. It looked like they just set up tables in a room, but she liked it. At Brandywine, they have activities as well, but I don't think they are extensive. It's situated right off the expressway, so it would be a little difficult for someone like my mother who is very mobile and can really get around without a walker, just a little cane, to get across the thoroughfare because of too many crossing intersections.

August 27, 2014

By Vickie Faber

This assisted living facility is definitely a step above. Part of my business services is to help seniors move into assisted living homes. My initial contact was to move a senior with COPD into a Brandywine room. There was a lot of planning and physical work that went into this move and no matter how many questions or requests I had, one of the staff members was always there with the answer. You cannot walk the halls in Brandywine without a staff member smiling at you or saying hello or offering their help. Without exception they are amazing, kind and helpful. The facility is beautiful with bright open hallways, a piano room, a café, and an activities area where the staff members are upbeat and keep the residents engaged –with lots of laughter and fun. There are seating areas outside and a beautiful garden area with tables. The medical staff is attentive and gentle with the residents. Brandywine would be the perfect choice for anyone.

August 18, 2014

By ART&CAROL

We cannot brag enough about Brandywine and their wonderful staff.. Mom was a very active and independent person until she became blind. Sitting at home with an Aide we watched her slowly become a lonely and depressed woman. Today mom is happy and having a wonderful experience at Brandywine. She is up and out of her room for breakfast and does not return until way after dinner. Even being blind has not stopped her from joining in with activities to keep her busy. Mom is always telling everyone how nice the staff is to her and all the other seniors. She is now a much happier person with much to do and has kind people to pamper her and make her feel special. She is sorry she did not move in sooner!

March 31, 2014

We brought my aunt to Brandywine Assisted Living. Basically I knew about the facility, but I think Caring.com gave us a little bit more information about it and all the other ones in the area. Brandywine is the most convenient to the family. They all seemed to be very good, but I think this one is going to work out best for my aunt. It is very clean, bright, and friendly. Everyone smiles. Everyone is approachable and looks happy. They have just about everything in terms of activities. They have exercise classes, music, art classes, daytrips to different things like shopping or shows, and games. They have a number of different activities on a daily basis. My aunt has a single room that is spacious. It has a good sized bathroom. It has a bed, two dressers, two closets, and a self-contained air-conditioning and heating unit. It also has a kitchenette area and cabinets. At this facility, food is fine. In fact, we had a meal there before we settled for the place with my aunt, and the food was excellent. It is like restaurant quality. They have a menu for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Of course, if you want something off the menu, you can ask, something like a hotdog, and you can get that.

March 20, 2014

Everybody was very nice at Brandywine. I spoke to people that live there as well as the staff. The facility was clean. They had 24/7 nursing available and the price was better than other places. My mother has her own kitchen area, and her own private bath and bedroom. The room is not big, but it's enough for my mother. The food is fine and there are a lot choices. I had my mother's table place changed several times because she's often sitting by herself. She doesn't know who else she's going there, so she always go to the same table. They don't change her. They're too busy. They have all kinds of activities, but my mother doesn't participate in them. They have different word games, card games, they always have a social in the afternoon, they have church services, and they have exercise classes.

June 27, 2012

By iliannav

It actually surpassed my expectations. They offered a lot of extra activities during the day. The facility was very clean and well laid out. There seemed to be very attentive employees. They offer special days where they bring in outside people such as photographers, party organizers, singers, pianists, dancers, etc. to entertain the residents. There is both a more clinical side to the facility as well as a section offering independent living spaces. It was definitely high up on my list of good nursing homes. The area is also good.

May 19, 2012

By luag

The place seemed pretty good over all. It was clean, but there was an odor I could not place. I thought it could have used some updating, and the staff seemed nice enough

July 11, 2011

By Michael12

This assisted living facility is one of a kind. Most of the residents at this facility can do for themselves, some residents have to stay in bed most of the time. This facility has a outdoor park outback that is used for the residents when having cookouts and small gatherings for they're family members. The flowers are planted beautiful and the landscaping is clean to be in New York. When walking in i saw a staff member helping a resident off the floor. The way the staff member handled the situation was very professional. Assisting living facilities like this one make it easier to even consider putting a family member in one.

About Brandywine Living at The Savoy

Brandywine Living at The Savoy is an assisted living facility in Little Neck, NY that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Brandywine Living at The Savoy for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Brandywine Living at The Savoy