Brookdale Sweetwater Creek

1600 Lee Road, Lithia Springs, GA, 30122

Reviews of Brookdale Sweetwater Creek

Wayne8 June 27, 2014

Emeritus Sweetwater was very nice. My dad liked it. They were very thoughtfully caring for him. Right up until he went into the hospital, they did everything they could for him. They tried to make him at home. They were some things about the food that he wasn't crazy about, and they made some adjustments for him. I really liked the place. They were very personable. When I walked in, they knew who I was and they were very friendly.

The place and the common area were very neat and clean. They had comfortable furniture for the residents. His room had a weekly heavy cleaning, and they did his beddings every day. It was a nice setting, and it was all on one floor. They had easy access if the residents wanted to go outside. I knew they were planning some changes for the dining. They were going to have an open dining the whole day instead of having set meal times. My dad never had the chance to see that, but he was excited about the change. For the short time that my dad was there, I didn't find any fault with it. They were very good.

Barbara88965850 June 26, 2014

I like the size, the cleanliness, and location of Emeritus Sweetwater. The food was good. It's not the absolute best, but for that type of facility I would say it was good. They had snack bar areas and had nice outdoor areas.

Caring86235550 June 19, 2014

I visited Emeritus at Sweetwater, and they have very nice people. The rooms were absolutely beautiful. I would live there myself. You walk in, and there is no smell. The hallways were decorated beautifully. The doors were like in a hotel. It was just like being in a hotel. You wouldn’t think you were in an assisted living facility. We talked to the lady out there, who actually tried really hard to try to help get some type of financing help for my aunt. At the time of the day that we went there, all the residents were out in the formal area watching TV, and I even talked to a couple of residents. They love the facility and they are very happy there.

Angelia1 December 20, 2013

Emeritus at Sweetwater is a facility that is closer to where I live. It also has the same atmosphere as the other facility where my grandfather is now. It is also a lovely facility. However, there is nothing within that area on that little road that is visually appealing. It is just like an industrial road. Sweetwater location did not offer anything within the area attraction-wise to take my grandfather to. I also did not get to meet a lot of staff during my visit there. We just had someone who took us around for a tour. Even the director was not there to receive us. I didn't see as many residents at that facility, which was a concern for me. I was uncomfortable with this facility. It was a very nice facility but it was not what I wanted for my grandfather. I would suggest that they need to have more visibility of the staff who is in contact with the residents and also to meet the people who are touring the facility and not just the tour guide because maybe you would want to meet one of the help aides or the activities director, etc., just someone else other than the tour guide.

Tom41 November 27, 2013

The rooms at Emeritus at Sweet Water were good. The rooms are much larger than a lot of places we looked at. They have games and crafts and things like that, but we have not been that long enough to look at the activities. I was able to eat breakfast there and the food is fine. My mother said that most of the food is good. We had a lot of issues with the transition getting in and some of the people there. I really like the location of the facility, but I don’t think I would recommend them because we had some issues with the staff. I think it would be better if they had better communication initially. They need to communicate a little bit better about how they do things.

Hhhmmmm September 08, 2013

Visited facility to see if it would be suitable for parents needing to go into assisted living. I visited several times, some scheduled and some not scheduled. The facility was clean and grounds were OK; however, on none of my visits into the facility was I ever greeted or questioned by any staff member. This concerned me as no one knew me there, yet no one questioned my presence there at various hours of the day and night. Did not get a good feel to have parents live here.

pinkilee March 27, 2013

The staff seems to be very caring in Sweetwater Springs. The place is very clean and very well-decorated. The staff was very friendly from the nurse down to the receptionist

m.webb6190 October 12, 2012

Our experience has been a great experience so far and we very thankful to have found this facility just one town over. This facility offers bingo games throughout the week as well as trivia night. The assisted are also allowed to furnish there private rooms with their personal items from home. Making the transition for the assisted a little bit more easier giving the illusion that their still in their previous homes.

Saturdays Child July 11, 2012

I went to Sweetwater Springs to visit a friend and tour the facility. Upon arriving, I was impressed with the decor and cleanliness. The staff were welcoming and informative. My friends room was a small efficiency with a kitchen, living room, bathroom and separate bedroom. I was impressed to see that she had everything she could need in this space. Her room felt like a home. After some time visiting, my friend took me on a tour of the facility. There were many rooms and spaces including a cafeteria, a game and activites room, quiet reading spaces, outdoor living and comprehesive library and media room.When completing my visit with my friend, I determined that should I or any member of my family need assisted living services, Sweetwater Springs would be a first choice.

From Brookdale Sweetwater Creek

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Sweetwater Creek

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): PCH007781