Brookdale Lisle | Assisted Living

1700 Robin Lane, Lisle, IL, 60532

Reviews of Brookdale Lisle | Assisted Living

David A. December 16, 2015

The Devonshire of Lisle is very clean, very comparable. The good thing about this facility is you can move up to nursing care if and when you need it. The staff is very friendly. The residents are out and about, very active, playing games, playing bingo, eating lunch. It was a great place. I would probably choose this facility.

Anonymous115598650 December 10, 2015

Brookdale Lisle looks almost like a country club. They have people that specialize in memory care because my dad has onset dementia. The staff is all pleasant and nice. The apartments are clean and spacious. We ate a few times at the cafeteria, and the food was OK, although kind of bland, but it is expected to be that way in a place like that.

A Loving Daughter2 October 28, 2015

My mom is at Brookdale Lisle. It is a very nice facility. It has both independent and assisted, so it would have a continuum of care. The apartments are very nice. They are clean, nice, and large. The staff is super nice. They're polite, friendly and helpful. I had lunch there, and the food was very good. They have a very wide selection. The dining room is beautiful. It is clean. It is tastefully decorated.

Lynne23 September 07, 2015

It was a very good visit. I met with the director at Brookdale Lisle (Formerly The Devonshire of Lisle), and she was just as friendly and warm. They have a rehab center there. Unfortunately, my dad could not go there because of his insurance. Brookdale is a huge organization, but it doesn't feel huge. They're individualizing the care for each of their residents. The apartments were very spacious. They had individual kitchens if necessary. They had a bunch of activities, and one thing that I like about them is that they really encourage the residents to attend. It was clean, cheery, and well maintained. They rehab the furniture and keep it modern and up-to-date. It's kind of cozy, traditional, warm, wood kind of feeling.

Karen B. July 13, 2015

My dad is actually moving into Brookdale Lisle on Sunday. We looked at several, he picked this one, and the biggest reason is probably the location because it is near where we lived before. It is a one-bedroom apartment that he is moving into. Everyone has been nice and helpful.

Joan109076750 June 30, 2015

The staff was wonderful at Brookdale Lisle. They had a swimming pool, which was important for me. The apartments were lovely. They had a bedroom, a living room, and a kitchen. We had lunch there, and the food seemed very good. It was a very safe place.

Barbara107533950 June 01, 2015

Mom looked at Brookdale Lisle years ago, and she still likes it. They allow pets, and she was also able to get a balcony which was both important. The staff has been pretty helpful. We have not always gotten the same answers, but they are very open about having a visit and giving you the information that you need. The people that are there seem to be very nice. The apartments are lovely. You can choose between one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and studio. They have plenty of activities, and they also have a computer lab, an exercise room, a swimming pool, and a dining area. They have a doctor and a library on site as well.

Donna95969450 November 03, 2014

Brookdale Plaza Lisle was beautiful and private. This was one had an indoor pool and post office within the place. The rooms were not as large as I would have liked for the prices that they charge. Overall, Brookdale Plaza Lisle was very nice, but it was too large for my uncle. He would have gotten lost in there.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. Your feedback is always considered and appreciated!

Caring70256650 September 25, 2014

We visited The Devonshire of Lisle, and we liked it the best. The people who assisted us were very accommodating. We liked it because it had a lot of amenities. The grounds were beautiful too. We ate there, and the food was good. We haven't observed any activities because it was a short visit. My aunt thought that it was too far away from home.

Mark38 July 23, 2014

The Devonshire was a really nice place, it was just too much money. Also, it didn't seem quite as personal as the other facility we saw. We actually liked the apartments and condos there. A number of them have balconies for the residents. I really liked The Devonshire; it was a nice place. The environment seemed very good. They had a number of lounges and a little dining room on each floor. That's what we really liked about it, but like I said, it was too much money.

Caring2384 July 08, 2014

The Devonshire [now Brookdale Plaza Lisle] is wonderful, and the sales woman is terrific. The place is fine; there’s nothing wrong in it if it fits your budget. I liked the strength of the buildings. They looked like they could withstand a tornado. The halls, however, are a little bit narrow.

Caring84824050 July 03, 2014

The staff there are very good at Brookdale Plaza. I just feel bad because the marketing was misrepresented. We signed a lease for a year and I don't know what we will do next year. Their rooms are lovely and that is one of the reasons why we went there. To a certain degree, I would recommend this place. Their food is very good. The employees will do anything for you. Since we entered this facility, everything is between a nickel and a dime now. I was told my father can go to church or take a bath but we came to find out that only certain people can do that. He is in the assisted living area. While the independent and senior peole can do that or this, he cannot. It will cost me twenty dollars a week for him to go on a bath or to go to church. I was not told that. I feel that we were misled.

Linda77276850 April 26, 2014

My husband and I visited The Devonshire. While it was nice, it was very spread out, and as my mother has walking issues, it was just too far for her to walk from the room to the common areas. We didn't have an appointment. They stopped and gave us a tour and answered any of our questions. They were very accommodating.

It was nice to see the residents who were in the common areas taking advantage of the activities that they had. Too often, you walk into a facility, and you don't see any of the residents. They are all in their own little places, but this was nice. There were activities going on. We liked the arts and crafts area. They had a nice little bistro for the residents. It just was too large a facility.

Caring79793350 March 20, 2014

The Devonshire was very nice and very clean. The residents seem very happy. They were having an "employee appreciation" thing when I got there, so they have a lot of festivities in their lobby area. The person I met with was very helpful. She listened to me, she was very kind, understanding and patient. She showed me a couple of different assisted living rooms. She took me on a tour of the rest of the facility. She provided me some information. It was a very nice visit.

They have all kinds of stuff. They had a pool, exercise room, a library, outdoor garden, which my dad would kind of like. They have musical programs, different speakers that came in to talk on various topics. I saw an event calendar that showed different events that they scheduled. The rooms were better than the ones I saw at any other place. They were more upgraded and larger.

I witnessed a lot of interaction with the staff. I noticed a resident came in who was trying to make sure that her prescription had been ordered. The nurse that helps people with their medicines and pharmacy took so much time with her and so patient with her in terms of all her worrying and they were kind of joking around. I had a good feeling about it, just in terms of the staff interaction with the people.

Caring79069450 February 26, 2014

We've been to The Devonshire of Lisle. It was a nice community. It was a place that my parents find entertaining. The facility was very up kept and it had a warm welcoming staff. They were very open with their answers to questions and comments.

Nancy61199550 January 31, 2014

The Devonshire of Lisle was a very well put together place. They have different levels of care. So in case your parent, who at first was very mobile and able to do things and suddenly went declining, they have it all that right there. They didn't have to move from one area to another area just because their abilities have changed. They could still stay in the same complex, which I thought was great. Their rooms were good and very clean. They're much smaller but it's plenty big for one person. It has areas for a living room, a kitchen, a dining room, a bedroom and a bathroom. The staff was very good and very informative. They were very friendly and helpful and conscientious. We actually had lunch there and the food was good. My mother was with me at that time. She ordered one thing and I ordered another thing so we could sort of taste test them and they were of good proportions and good tasting. They had good variety of food to choose from. For activities, they have all different kind of things. They actually have their own swimming pool and gym for physical activities. They also have arts and crafts room. They would have organized classes on different subjects and they would have activities for people to go out to places. They would take trips to shopping facilities daily. They did have ability to take you to doctors or just local places to go. If anybody wanted to go bowling or to a theatre, they have things scheduled to go like that. This facility was very nice. I thought it was really well set up for people who want to be active. It's also located in a fairly nice area. There's park district right there. On one side, there's a lot of open area and on the other side, they have the apartment buildings. So it's a nice area to be able to walk around and do things and not be alone but yet not have congestion of the city.

John73217550 October 28, 2013

I'm moving to The Devonshire. We went to see a couple of others and this one was about 10 minutes from where I live now. It's close to where my daughters are and they facility seemed very excellent. That was what prompted me to choose this place. It was close to home, close to my family and friends, and they have nice facilities. The facility itself was very good. It has a very good reputation. Their residents were all old, but I also have friends of our family who stayed there and they have the highest praise for this facility.

AlexisD October 04, 2013

Upon first moving my grandma in here, it seemed like a very great place. Over time, the staff became more and more rude, while the apartment space began to dwindle away as the price rose. The apartment is moldy and much too hot and the temperature does not change. The staff is always rude; it never fails. They're also very ignorant with knowledge of their residents and even with the way things work within the building. It's discouraging to see people treated this way, considering how much money residents pay per month. The residents are decent, but can be very gossipy. Overall, I would not recommend moving in here as you will be treated as an animal.

Noairfear October 01, 2013

During our tour, while looking into Devonshire, it seemed like a great place for our family member. But there were so many things they didnt tell us-- like the charge for having a meal sent up instead of eating in the dining room. When we were getting ready to move famiky member in, there was Zero flexibility on bringing anything over a day early and the staff was not accommodating. The Marketing staff, move in staff and resident services staff are quite condecending, rude and dismissive of questions from family members. It is not a friendly facility.

Jenny8 August 15, 2013

The people there were very helpful and informative. The facility was very comfortable, nice and complete.

April5 March 29, 2013

The Devonshire was an excellent place. The apartments were large and roomy.

Daisy2 February 23, 2012

My grandmother was in this facility for quite a few years, she passed about 2 years back. But back when she was there the staff could not meet her Alzheimer's needs. Every time we would go to visit her she just didn't seem like she was getting the proper level of care she needed and I felt really betrayed and neglected by the staff. Sometimes she forgot to eat and the staff would forget to feed her which would just infuriate me... How can a person be that cruel? As my grandmother's condition worsened we had to transfer her out of there otherwise she would have probably died prematurely with the little care that she was getting, we decided to get a live-in nurse to take care of her at our family home. On the bright side of things, their wellness center gave her a place to stay active, which Alzheimer's patients need due to the increased oxygen flow to their brain. Overall, it was a sad experience and I probably would not recommend it to anyone who wants to put their parent into good hands.

Bill H. January 28, 2012

I looked at various assisted living centers in the Lisle area and I definitely liked Devonshire the most. The reason for this is because of the individual attention given to each patient. Not only are the staff extremely friendly, but it seems like they are genuinely interested in each patient's desires and needs. Additionally, I enjoyed the welcome I received from the staff. The decor and scenery surrounding Devonshire is absolutely what I had in mind when I first considered placing my aunt in an assisted living facility. She loves to go for walks, and this is the perfect place to do that. I wanted to get therapy for my aunt because she lives alone and is a very active person. I wanted her to be able to function at a very high level, without feeling like she was being helped too much. This seems to be the right place for that.

From Brookdale Lisle

Brookdale Lisle provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Lisle

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt
  • Renal

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy

• Hiking trails
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Staff patient ratio: 8 to 1