Spring Meadows Libertyville

America's Highest Rated Communities

Reviews of Spring Meadows Libertyville

Average Rating:
allforseniors September 17, 2015

My Dad lived at Spring Meadows for several years after my Mom passed away. The apartments were very nice except for the windows. Cheap windows=bad drafts. They were also filthy and never cleaned. At first, the food was pretty good, but, the last few years, it was terrible! One thing we were disappointed with was the lack of variety of food offered. Specifically, they had no "low" salt or diabetic menus to choose from. This was alarming, as most seniors have high blood pressure and/or diabetes. Also, too many residents living "unassisted" when they should have been upstairs for more personal care. Overall, it was a nice place, with a few exceptions mentioned above.

Caring104101150 March 31, 2015

I'm going to Spring Meadows Libertyville. We had several friends that had been there. It just seemed like a very well run organization. When we went in, all the people were smiling and happy, which you don't find in some places. The grounds and surroundings are very nice. There are trees and open spaces.

Keith13 September 13, 2014

We chose Spring Meadows Libertyville for my mother because they have more to offer for the price. I like the convenience of the place to where I live and friendliness of the people there. It is not an overly large facility. There are three stories. It is well kept up and spacious. It is in the nice area of the town. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The size of the room adequately meets her needs. At the times I've eaten there, I thought the food was pretty good. The dining room is like a restaurant. The servers bring the food to the people that are there and take away the dirty dishes like you are sitting in a restaurant. They have a monthly calendar of events. They have bingo, rummikub, and movies. They go out for lunch maybe once or twice a month. I think my mom looks and sounds better.

Kathy90675050 August 07, 2014

I visited Spring Meadows. I liked that it was cheaper. Though the rooms were smaller, I thought the place looked good. We actually ate there and food was good. The staff was also good.

Caring69064650 November 30, 2013

I choose Spring Meadows for my mom because I feel like they have a very good assisted living care. The facility is very clean. The staff is very knowledgeable and they have a very low staff turnover. The ratio of staff to the residents is very good. They offer everything from religious services, to book club, to exercise class, to crafts, to card games, to outing and they really offer quite a lot. However, they can use a little more overhead lights because the lights in the rooms are on lamps. So, I think that it will help if they have light wired in.

Caring71986950 October 15, 2013

We chose Spring Meadows at Libertyville for mom because the facility was convenient to the family. The food was pretty good. The place is nice and decent, but they only have little outside area with a very limited garden. They have various kinds of game activities, they have movies, and they take the residents on a drive. Mom is happy there right now. They just need to fix their computer because it hasn't been working since mom moved in.

Caring0396 April 18, 2013

Spring Meadows Libertyville was a marvelous place. I talked to the admissions personnel and everything sounded good. But I did not have enough money to pay the monthly fee.

AMTP July 11, 2012

Staff was friendly during each visit. Hallways were clean, as were public common areas. There seemed to be ample activities for residents, and I never noticed any security issues during any of my visits. On one particular visit, I took along several family members to bring food to a family friend. We were able to use a common kitchen / dining room area to serve food we brought, in and we were able to have a nice dinner together. The grounds of the facility were clean and well maintained. Often, residents would be outside and were able to walk to shopping nearby without difficulty. In addition to the activities, the floor I visited had live birds in cages that provided a nice change of scenery, and gave residents something to look at int he hallway. It was also nice for younger family members to see birds.

From Spring Meadows Libertyville

Located in the heart of Libertyville, IL, Spring Meadows Libertyville is a senior care community that provides independent living, assisted living, memory care and respite care options. The community is run by Capital Senior Living, which runs over 120 senior care facilities throughout the U.S. and has been providing care options to seniors since 1990.

Costs at Spring Meadows Libertyville vary with the length of residents’ stays and the level of care they need. Both Veterans Administration benefits and long-term care insurance can be used to defray these costs.

SEVERAL LEVELS OF CARE

Spring Meadows Libertyville offers four different living arrangements, ranging from independent living apartments with no care services to assisted living and memory care. All residents in the community enjoy 24-hour staffing, social programs and dining facilities. A few of other services residents can request include help with housekeeping and laundry, medication reminders, transportation assistance and standby shower assistance. Even independent care residents can request medical help on an as-needed basis from an onsite private caregiver.

The memory care support structure at the community is designed for seniors with early-stage or mild dementia. Plans are tailored to individual residents, but most include 24-hour access to licensed nurses, incontinence care if needed, escort and transfer services, medication administration and personal care assessments.

Because Spring Meadows Libertyville is set up for seniors with different levels of care, the community is able to help seniors recovering from illnesses, injuries or treatments. When needed, seniors receiving respite care at the community can take advantage of the full host of medical care services, and they can scale back their use as they move towards living independently again.

AMENITIES

The residences of Spring Meadows Libertyville are equipped with features that make living in the community easy. There are a variety of floor plans to accommodate different lifestyles and needs. All residences have a full kitchen, washer and dryer, and many have access to outdoor decks.

In addition to the private residences, there are also a number of common areas that everyone in the community is welcome to use. Some of the main gathering places include walking paths, gardens, a fireplace, a library and a billiard table. There also are three different dining areas, onsite banking options, and an onsite beauty salon and barber.

ACTIVITIES

Residents at Spring Meadows Libertyville are invited to attend community events such as holiday parties, luncheons, book clubs, sing-alongs and concerts. Church services, art classes, yoga classes and Bingo games also are held regularly. Of course, residents may organize their own social gatherings at any of the community’s aforementioned facilities.

PETS

Spring Meadows Libertyville allows residents to keep small pets in their residences. For assisted living residents, families may need to come by to help with pet care occasionally.

Features of Spring Meadows Libertyville