Woodbourne Place

2619 Trenton Road, Levittown, PA, 19056

Reviews of Woodbourne Place

BJ7 November 22, 2015

Woodbourne Place was a nice place. They took my dad around to different places as many times as he wanted. The staff was nice. They gave me all the information that we needed, and provided back-up assistance because the person who we should have gone to see was not there that day. The rooms were OK. My dad said they were bigger than what he needed, but they were nice. The dining room looked nice. They had availability and had respite care.

CouldbeBetter May 24, 2015

I was promised travel arrangements would be made for both parents for doctors appointments. My mother has required transportation for mammography exams follow-up and has talked to the "wellness director". She has been told there is no transportation. Prescription drugs have been given to residents without checking whether said prescriptions are taken. The "world class" chef with 35 years of experience has served sandwiches for both lunch and dinner with no fresh vegetables or fruit. Obviously the chef doesn't understand or practice nutrition or a wll-balance diet. Two years ago choices were available for lunch and dinner... not so much now.. Two years ago there were weekly bus trips to Walmart and Dollar store. Judging from my parents debit card these trips are limited to once a month. This information was verified with two other residents in addition to my parents.

Caring105904250 April 28, 2015

Woodbourne was simple. It had only 49 patients. If you were looking for glamour, it wasn't it, but they pride themselves on being small enough that they could keep an eye on their patients. They had big apartments. They had their social recreation on list, and they took the residents out a couple of times a week if they wanted to go. They took them shopping or so. I didn't try the food, but I looked at them. They used one of the big companies for the supplies for their meals, but they had their own kitchen. It looked clean, it generally smelled clean, and it was very simple. It would be a place I would take somebody who was not quite ready for a nursing home.

Caring93671250 September 17, 2014

My father is at Woodbourne Place, and it is a nice place. But there were some things that I was kind of disappointed about, like when I first went in there, I could see through glass doors leading out to a beautiful patio with people who shared an umbrella, and I said to the saleswoman, "Oh, do you have parties here, like on the Fourth of July?" and she nodded yes, and smiled. Now, he's been in there since the beginning of June and they never once had a party. They've never once used that. Besides, the doors are locked and you can never go out there. It is just there for show, so that when people come in looking for a place to put their parents, it looks great. It is false advertisement. Also, they told me that they have a bus and they would take my dad to his doctors' appointments, but then later on that changed, and now I have to hire somebody else to take him to his doctors' appointments. There are just some things that they wouldn't be saying beforehand. His room is really nice; it is a beautiful room, and a beautiful facility. There is an activity room, and they have activities in there like Bingo, games, movie night, arts and crafts and stuff. I tried their food once and it was OK. My dad said it is OK, but it is only the same old food. It is not what you get in a home-cooked meal.

Caring77222250 January 30, 2014

Statesman Woods is very close to where I live and it's very nice. It's only a 35-bed facility for the quality of care she really needs. It’s a smaller facility and the deal that she got with her room was really good. Her room is a nice-sized room and it had a private bathroom. These things were the main factors on why she chose the facility. They got a lot of games. They play a lot of old time music and they also do crafts. They also take the residents out to shopping. The staff are very good and they all seemed like they care a lot. They know what they are doing. The food is very good. She has eaten the food and she says the food is very good. It's good quality food and I'm very happy with this.

Karent1 May 08, 2012

Other

I used to volunteer there and the staff were very honest and kind and caring, the people that were there seemed well taken care of.

DodgerUSA January 09, 2012

As with any facility there are good and bad employees. My mom has experienced both positive and negative, from the lady who kisses her goodnight when she tucks her in to the aid who takes her time when the call button is pushed. There is high turnover rate there, but they do administer/coordinate my mom's medical care and prescriptions and all it takes is a phone call to tell them when I need her to go out and she is dressed and ready. I don't see very much in the way of social stimulation besides the fact they eat together in the dining hall. they should have group walks outside, more arts and crafts, or have volunteers come in to entertain.

Smug5 May 26, 2011

Visited this facility

I looked into Statesman Woods as a place for my mother to live and to be cared for. I was rather impressed with how friendly the staff was. They seemed to genuinely care for their patients. The personal were definitely qualified and really brought their hearts to work. The faults I found with the Statesmen were the overall cleanliness and the overall feel. Many of the residents were there because of mental issues. My mother needs assisted living because of her deteriorating physical condition. I didn't want her to live with the disturbed residents that were living in Statesmen Woods. I would certainly suggest the Statesmen for any family who needs to house a mentally disturbed loved one.

Senior Care Planning March 23, 2010

A Geriatric Care Manager's review of Statesman Woods

Statesman Woods is a home-like and informal ALF. They practice an Aging in Place philosophy, and their residents appear to be reasonably content in their. environment. In addition to the informal environment, this Facility is fairly priced in terms of their lodging and amenities. Considering the acommodation costs for this level of care in this vicinity,there is definite value here. Statesman Woods is a "social model" vs. a medical model. There is a Skilled Nursing Facility sharing this campus but with no ownership relationship. Having a SNF on the campus is an advantage, in my view, given the possible need down the line for skilled care.

From Woodbourne Place

At Woodbourne Place, our variety of services and programs, including assisted living, companion living and respite care, fulfill our residents' needs. Whether someone is active and likes to have a full social calendar, or prefers to relax and takes things more slowly, our varying levels of service and activities accommodate each resident's lifestyle.

Our assisted living residences offer seniors the opportunity to enjoy a relaxing atmosphere free of the daily worries associated with living alone. At Woodbourne Place, we provide a high level of service with a personal and caring touch.

We combine retirement living with comfort and luxury in a beautiful independent setting.

Our community is conveniently located right in the heart of Levittown, Pa off of Trenton Rd. - Our Chef has 35 yrs of experience in the food industry. He has also owned his own catering business for 22yrs. What’s his specialty you ask…Chicken Picante!

Features of Woodbourne Place