Brookdale Lenoir

1145 Powell Road NE, Lenoir, NC, 28645

Reviews of Brookdale Lenoir

Mama's girl1 January 14, 2014

My mother was in an assisted living facility for a little over 15 months. Some of the CNAs and workers were absolutely wonderful to her. Her entire SS check went to the facility, and Medicaid paid some of the bill. VA was also to pay, the difference in what she was paying and the price of a private room. They put her in the private room as soon as she arrived, as they were positive VA would pay. She passed away Christmas morning. When we went up there the day after Christmas to get her belongings, they had her door locked and said we had to see the administrator and she would not be in until Monday. My granddaughter went up there on Monday and they made her sign a promissory note for $500 per month to be taken from her checking account each month for 3 years if VA doesn't come through. The facility is very pretty and neat, no swimming pool though, but why would they need one. The lowly paid workers were very nice and wonderful, but I can't say the say for the administrative personnel. I'm not really sure the "Director of Nursing" was really a nurse. I don't think she ever checked my mom, even when I told them I thought she was sick and needed to see a doctor. They said they would have the nurse check her out and if she thinks she needs to see a doctor, they would call me. they never called. Thursday before Christmas, she fell out of bed and they sent her to the hospital to see if she had any broken bones. She didn't, but they said she was completely dehydrated, she was suffering from colitis and her kidneys had shut down. None of these ailments were caused by the fall. She had been sick for two weeks, as I kept telling them. She died from colitis and sepsis. She had to be in an assisted living facility, because she could not live by herself and I was not able to take care of her. She had dementia, walked with a walker, then progressed to a wheel chair. Had to be lifted into bed, then back in the chair. Could not bathe herself. We do what we have to do to keep them around a little longer. My mom was 90 years old.

Taken advantage of by LP August 01, 2013

I will rate one star even though I do not feel that this place deserves even this much. My mom went to Lenoir Park in mid July, 2013 and was there for one month. We were not informed anything about the $2035.00 community fund that had to be paid up front until we were moving her in. We were told the room would be $2000.00 (which it was $2035.00) monthly and that the medication dispensing fee would be $300.00 (which it was $320.00 plus $32.00 more for communications from her physicians). My mother's SS check is $28.00 above the poverty level preventing her from being eligible for Medicaid assistance. For her ONE MONTH stay at this outrageous place was $4599.78. I am sure the administrative personnel and CEO received a big bonus from this rip off. I DO NOT recommend this place unless you are independently wealthy or on Medicaid.. I plan to report this facility to the Better Business Bureau so that others can be pre warned of their under handed way of doing business I hope no one else is taken advantage of the way that our family was. I do not know if they will permit my review to be shown, but if not, it will be because they know it is the truth and they do not want others to see it.

eillod April 30, 2013

I visited this community looking for placement for my grandmother. The staff were nice and welcoming, offered me a drink when I came in. The facility was clean with no odors. The furnishings were nice. I saw several residents and staff while I was there. Everyone seemed happy and content. I will go back and plan to pursue this further for my grandmother.

Caring3501 March 01, 2013

Lenoir Park is close to where my brother lived. We just did a quick walk through of the facility. We didn't get to see much of the staff, but they seem friendly.

Jean5 September 11, 2012

It is a helpful center, my aunt is very intelligent and can take care of herself she just needs help with cleaning and making dinner for herself so this facility works for her. If however she needs more intense care, she may have to move. everyone seems nice and I have not heard her complain.

From Brookdale Lenoir

Brookdale Lenoir provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Location of Brookdale Lenoir